• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Underworld Temptation by TMBTM

Thanks for the review Last Survivor!

- I agree with you and Blueyoda: the first part of the edit is where the music works the best. The rythm and musicality of the lyrics fit better swords and horses than guns and cars.

- The Romance between Selene and Michael happens too fast in my edit. Indeed. But I must say I tried to tone it down on the scene when she told Michael about her past. After that scene, they kiss in the original movie. In my edit they don't: shots of that kiss is used later. I tried to delay the best I could the moment where they kiss, and I feel that mixing that moment with a montage of Sonja and Lucian was a way to focus more on the character of Lucian.

I downloaded this a few weeks back, and was very impressed! the new music was great, and the blending was beautieus... yep, that's what i said. beautieus. Great Fanedit!

Thanks, Marty :)

Side note: there is a missing links for the DVD version of this edit at .info (plus the parts are al showing as "part01", strange...)
These links would likely be updated soon.

The DVD version of this fanedit is available again on newsgroups (usenet).

Are you planning to release a HD version of this edit.
Know that you ruined me the original version. Now I can't watch it :p.

mukankakuna said:
Are you planning to release a HD version of this edit.
Know that you ruined me the original version. Now I can't watch it :p.

Thanks for your words, but nope, no HD version planned.

Rebue, posted on IFDB:

TMBTM has managed to do a difficult thing: rescore a movie. The lyrics by Within Temptation often match the on-screen action/emotions surprisingly well. I can appreciate the amount of work it took to lay down the new score, but the new music itself didn't work for me, simply because I've never been partial to operatic metal unless it's by Spinal Tap. I would have preferred to listen to an atmospheric soundtrack with little or no singing, or maybe even some loungey death metal or Bollywood booty shakers, but, hey—if you, my fellow viewer, groove to this particular band or style of music, then this edit just might float your supernatural boat.

I found both theatrical releases a bit goofy and unintentionally so, but TMBTM did an admirable job of paring them down, removing some of the goofier elements (e.g., Kraven's infantile brooding—you'd think a long-lived vampire might sport a tad more equanimity), and combining them chronologically to create something more epic and definitely more watchable, even if the second half feels a bit disjointed. But that's the fault of the originals, as Movie #1 had the hotter chick, but Movie #3 the more coherent story.

The DVD version of this fanedit is now available at Mega.

I dig up this old fossile of a thread to tell that I saw a review saying this fanedit is in 360p.
As far as I remember, it's in 720X486, the standard NTSC DVD resolution.
Side note:
if interested, in 2017 Faneditor Mukankakuna did a shot for shot "remake" of this fanedit in HD called Underworld Temptation Remastered.

Back
Top Bottom