• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

UNBREAKABLE GLASS SPLIT - The Narrative Experiment Concluded

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NEW:

SURPRISE folks....

This is not another version of SPLIT UNBREAKABLE GLASS

THIS IS NEW!
More information will follow....

What do you folks think?

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a NEW edit telling the story from a completely different perspective...as in different from Split Unbreakable Glass SUG that is.
It is emotionally centred..., SUG was character centred.
DETAILS - NO SPOILERS
  • 68% of Unbreakable material is newly used; this is new material not seen in SUG
  • 100% of Split is new material not used in SUG
  • 16 mins of new deleted scenes
  • The last 75 mins play out differently than in SUG and have been re-structured to facilitate this.
  • An hour of Glass is removed and 15 mins are new material not used in SUG
  • CASEY is NOT in this version nor Mrs Price
  • A new set piece
  • Different structure to SUG
  • The ending is also different...
  • 30 mins shorter than SUG
  • And a few more surprises narratively and more examples of M. Nights consistency in direction
  • plus a post credits sequence...
This edit is locked AND polished.
Previews on request
Questions permitted....

Last edited:

oku

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm more excited about this than NWH.

SIUse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You never cease to amaze. Definitly bookmarked ;)

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Due to extended unexpected work on The Godafther Magnum Opus,
this will now be submitted this coming weekend of March 4.

Edit is available however via PM and is completed.
Listing to follow.

Last edited:

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm confused as to what this fanedit actually is, or what it's supposed to reflect. Can you please give some insight?

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, this is a parallel edit to

have a read of that listing.

This edit, is a companion piece which tells a similar story, but in a different way and with different characters and drivers even though the outcome is broadly, but not exactly the same.

I would suggest watching Split Unbreakable Glass (SUG) first….

Part of the experience is not knowing too much about what I did to these movies. Read some review for SUG first since all but one review avoids spoilers at my request…people have been very considerate in not revealing the secrets of the narrative juggling….

What this edit then does, is take you on a parallel journey….with very different material and structure. Some characters are new, others, are gone.

Last edited:

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man am I excited for this! SUG was superb. One of the things I missed from Split was the psychiatrist, however I thought it worked very well for the pacing of SUG to leave her out. But this teaser!
Wraith, you have got me on the edge of my seat! Can't wait to see it!

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good job Wraith the two SUG edits are top notch. I spent the whole of Saturday watching them. As we discussed a while back, i refrained from watching my Glass UHD before i watched your edits. I now intend to watch the Glass theatrical and your making of episodes before leaving a review. One thing for sure i am struggling to figure out which version i prefer, SUG or UGS. I think it will be a mood thing. UGS seems more contemplative.

I think you could probably make a good limited series out of this material. 45 minute episodes. Ep 1 Elijah & Kevin as a youngster alongside the beginning of the David story. Ep 2 David Story Ep 3 Elijah Ep 4 The Hoarde EP5 Raven Hill ....Of course EP 2, 3 & 4 may have intercut and duplicated scenes.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm like the idea.
Like that you liked them both. Neither is the the full FULL story, but both stand-alone and interlock to complete the view while leaving some uncertainty…
Enjoy the MAKING OF… apologies for its density…but it’s ALL there…
Enjoy

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Having had SUG and UGS, is it reasonable to expect a GSU?

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am considering a hybrid edit...possibly...but that may muddy the vision....a touch of D.I.D. in that respect!

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess if you ever did a GUS it would have to be SUG in reverse chronological order ;)

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now that would be a nice Memento!

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm like the idea.
Like that you liked them both. Neither is the the full FULL story, but both stand-alone and interlock to complete the view while leaving some uncertainty…
Enjoy the MAKING OF… apologies for its density…but it’s ALL there…
Enjoy
The scene during duplication point is something I got quiet deep into in a rough cut if a Breaking Bad restructuring…much as you describe. I had 3 if the films in assembly form, while it was all fresh, and then other edits sparked me including SUG…!now it’s all faded and I just don’t feel compelled to revisit Breaking Bad…yet!

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Similar title, similar poster, I'd wonder how confusing it may be to some people.
I'd expect to see more reviews by this point...

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've experienced the same thing with my alternate cut of The Haunting. In general, I'm not seeing a ton of reviews for things right now (compared to what seemed like quite a flurry recently), but I also imagine that there's maybe less interest in rewatching a film so soon, even if it's a different cut.

Personally, I liked UGS a lot more than SUG, so it's a shame if people aren't checking it out.

Top Bottom