• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

UNBREAKABLE GLASS SPLIT - The Narrative Experiment Concluded

I've experienced the same thing with my alternate cut of The Haunting. In general, I'm not seeing a ton of reviews for things right now (compared to what seemed like quite a flurry recently), but I also imagine that there's maybe less interest in rewatching a film so soon, even if it's a different cut.

Personally, I liked UGS a lot more than SUG, so it's a shame if people aren't checking it out.
Tough one, but I get it too...

At least 6 people have voted for it in this months vote, which given the one review (There will be a V2 Scrib)...surprised me.

I guess it is artistic integrityy. I deliberatly wanted the cover art to be very similar...and hope that people would notice that there are two different edits given there are two listings, albeit with the same woreds in a different order.

I do let everyone who asks for USG, that there is also UGS...and vice versa... I guess word of mouth will need to play a part in this..

At least 6 people have voted for it in this months vote, which given the one review (There will be a V2 Scrib)...surprised me.

In these circumstances, one could wonder if they know which edit they're really voting for ;)

Last edited:
In these circumstances, one could wonder if they know which edit they're really voting for :>
ooo0000...

I think they do, coz I was very clear in all the link shares after it was subbited....in fact, many people have only seen UGS so far, despit my promting that SUG exists...I just wish there were a few more reviews...but they'll come...EVen I am way behind on reviews...

A QUESTION FOR YOU...

Which would you suggest be seen first OR do you think it does not matter?

Can't say. Looks like very interesting project for sure, so I was interested to check out reviews for the new one and compare them with reviews for the previous one (which there is many), but I don't own any of the movies so far, so...

I think they do

Good :)

This is a VERY different piece both tonally and in structure...plus nearly 50% of the material used was NOT used in SUG. I'm personally torn between since each has many unique elements I really enjoy and am proud of. By their nature, (and Scrib can confirm), it is not really possible to blend these moments into a hybrid since the sories of each do not permit it unless one vastly expands the run time, and that would then destroy the pacing of both edits...which is very carfully constructed to pull viewers thru in one go...

Last edited:
Since I was very involved in both edits, I come from a unique perspective. I can definitely see the differences between the two edits. Even though I know intimately that they are parallel edits. Therein lies the real genius of the narrative structuring. I agree with Scribbler that, for me, Unbreakable Glass Split is the better edit. I can't deny my amazement at what went into the making of Split Unbreakable Glass even if I knew about what would become Unbreakable Glass Split. I have seen the layout of how Split Unbreakable Glass was narratively structured long before the release of the "Making of" special projects. Few things impress me anymore, having been involved in this industry most of my life. I love it when something does. Split Unbreakable Glass did and does. The fact that @Wraith could somehow compile the deleted scenes to create a parallel edit is even more impressive. I remember @Wraith 's own amazement when they realized the possibility.

Last edited:
Not everything was planned.
Unbreakable Glass Split was serendipity in its purist form.
Split Unbreakable Glass was a manifestation of planning torture, in its purist form.

Now we have two edits, neither revealing everything BUT BOTH telling a complete story, which when viewed still leave room for interpretation despite each being an individual whole.

This has been an amazing journey of discovery and it was an honour to share it with @ArtisDead.

As noted on the SUG thread, I'm planning to make UBER size files available for this edit as well once I complete the Godfather Magnum Opus final revisions.

Expect to see these in late May/early June for those that want the absolute best picture quality.

I'm planning to make an UBER size file (circa 30GB) available for this once I complete the Godfather Magnum Opus final revisions.

Expect to see these in late July/Aug for those that want the absolute best picture quality.

I hope I can get my watch of UGS and then SUG done before you release the super sized edits! Otherwise I'll be tempted to hold off while trying to source them

Will they be BD editions to match your artwork?

BDs may be many months right now… I wouldn’t hold off since I may not make a BD file but I will make a BD ready file avail … but not for a while…

Back
Top Bottom