• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ulead MediaStudio Pro v8.0 - FILE READING ERROR

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ulead MediaStudio Pro v8.0 serious problem - FILE READING ERROR 20379:1:107

I can't open my project files anymore. I get the messgae "File reading error 20379:1:107". This was a critical project file for my T3 T-HOPE NTSC version, and now I can't open it again. Does someone know what the problem is and if there's some fix/patch? I can't find any solution on the internet about it. :shock:

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope you have a temp save anywhere which can still be opened.
I haven't had a file reading problem for a long time. Did you patch your version with the latest patch? If not, you should by all means, because it gets you rid of most of the annoying bugs.
Also you should restart your computer and try a different save file.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where can I get the patch?

I have tried different save files. I know the program automatically makes back up saves of the project files, and there are 30 files. I acn only open the first 15, and these don't have the important changes, like a total new music cue and the placing of the words. I wanted to finish the new audio mix, but the audio mix is in the saves that I can't open.

Do you know which patch I should get and where I can get it?

edit:
found a service pack 1. Let's hope this helps!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really hope it will help you. But maybe you have damaged your savefile. UMSP8 is very buggy without the patch. I am sure I have written that anywhere here before. My fun with it started with the patch.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have installed service pack 1 and some other patches, but still no luck in opening my project file. I know Adobe Premiere Pro had this once, but at least there was some patch that gave me the chance to open my project files. And now Ulead MediaStudio Pro 8 has a similar problem, although there's no patch for it. How can I trust a video editing program when I don't even know if I can open a project the next day?

Yeah, I'm frustrated. I wanted to finish the new mix.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After the patch there will be no problem anymore (at least I had none in more than a year).
These things happen. UMSP has been released too soon and was very buggy, but with the service pack installed you have a first class editor on your hands (IMHO).

Sprug's decapitated head

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've never used Ulead, but here's something that may be worth a shot -- do a system rollback (restore point) on your computer to the day before your save files corrupted and see if that fixes your problem. This feature has helped me a lot in the past.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
true- nothing to loose there.

Jaiman Tuckuh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you defragged, recently? Solves things a surprising number of times. A lot of proggies go insane if you don't defrag after installing.

Do you have any overlays? Especially Gif?

I Googled "FILE READING 20379 Ulead" and got a Ulead forum page describing this bug. (You have to allow search in all languages to find it). In that case, overlay gif's caused that exact error.

(You have to join the forum, or read the page in Google's cache).

If that's the case, you could move the Gif to another spot, convert it to 32-bit TGA, and point the proggie to the TGA when it (hopefully gets far enough to) asks for it. PNG should work, too.

You might even go so far as to take a hex editor to a copy of a save & change "GIF" to "TGA".

Or just move the Gif, and hope Ulead works long enough to ask for it, then cancel the Gif file-load.

If There's no Overlay Gif, try defragging your source files, or try moving out one file at a time.

And keep looking for patches...

phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?p=34100&sid=0284e1854a880afdffed9983d09fb986

(If you want to join phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/, you have to capitalize the "EN").

Google Cache:
link

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Applying all kinds of patches and fixes doesn't work. I still can't open the project file.

Jaiman Tuckuh said:
Have you defragged, recently? Solves things a surprising number of times. A lot of proggies go insane if you don't defrag after installing.

Do you have any overlays? Especially Gif?

I Googled "FILE READING 20379 Ulead" and got a Ulead forum page describing this bug. (You have to allow search in all languages to find it). In that case, overlay gif's caused that exact error.

(You have to join the forum, or read the page in Google's cache).

If that's the case, you could move the Gif to another spot, convert it to 32-bit TGA, and point the proggie to the TGA when it (hopefully gets far enough to) asks for it. PNG should work, too.

You might even go so far as to take a hex editor to a copy of a save & change "GIF" to "TGA".

Or just move the Gif, and hope Ulead works long enough to ask for it, then cancel the Gif file-load.

If There's no Overlay Gif, try defragging your source files, or try moving out one file at a time.

And keep looking for patches...

phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?p=34100&sid=0284e1854a880afdffed9983d09fb986

(If you want to join phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/, you have to capitalize the "EN").

Google Cache:
link
I have only defragged the c drive, not the f drive where my project file and videofiles are stored.

I hae joined that forum, but I still haven't got a decent reply. I will have to check it out right now again.

I don't have an overlay gif, just some videofiles (.m2v) and some wav/mp3 audio files. Nothing else, it's just very simple (but not simple enough too just re-create it).

Sprug's decapitated head said:
I've never used Ulead, but here's something that may be worth a shot -- do a system rollback (restore point) on your computer to the day before your save files corrupted and see if that fixes your problem. This feature has helped me a lot in the past.
How do I do a system rollback, and what will be the effect of it (loss of all other things?)? Honestly, I don't see how this can help.
Ulead has made 30 temp saves of the project. The last 15 are corrupt, and these are just the saves that contain the important changes.

I tried to insert project files etc, like someone suggested, but I get the same error as my first post above.

This is really fucked up. My motivation to create a clearer audiomix and the NTSC conversion is really dropped to a minimum.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had the same problem with WAR OF THE WORLDS. I couldn't do anything about it and the data was lost. This is why the existing version is far from being perfect. After the patch was installed I never had these problems again. But of course this was only true for projects that started after the patch installing.
Don't loose your motivation over a buggy program, these are all steps to learn and master things better.
Next time you create more savefiles and may even find some things you can do even better now.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
I had the same problem with WAR OF THE WORLDS. I couldn't do anything about it and the data was lost. This is why the existing version is far from being perfect. After the patch was installed I never had these problems again. But of course this was only true for projects that started after the patch installing.
Don't loose your motivation over a buggy program, these are all steps to learn and master things better.
Next time you create more savefiles and may even find some things you can do even better now.
Thanks for the heads up boon.
I already have 30 tmp files, and the last 15 don't work. Just the ones with important changes... I will try to recreate it, but this will cost time and delay my NTSC version even more (I actually hoped to have it finished end January/mid February). I hope it will never again with the patches, but one will never know for sure.

years ago, I had a similar problem with Adobe Premiere. The project file was suddenly corrupt. Eventually I found a file made by a user. It somehow fixed the projectfile into being readable again. I was hoping that something might exist for this problem.

Sprug's decapitated head

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can access the restore feature through Start/Control panel/Performance and maintenance. You should see "see also" (or similar) text on the upper left-hand side of the screen. Under it should be something that says "System Restore". Click that. Here is the text it gives:

"You can use System restore to undo harmful changes made you your computer and restore it's settings and performance. System restore returns your computer to an earlier time (called a restore point) without causing you to lose recent work, such as saved documents, e-mail, or history and favorites lists. Any changes that system restore makes to your computer are completely reversible."

I really hope this helps. Basically what it does is remove corruption if you know the date to return to before it happened. There's a chance that this feature can remove the corruption from your save files. I am interested in seeing your NTSC conversion as i live in the U.S. Good luck, man!

Top Bottom