• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ulead Media Studio Pro 8 - Sound glitches

Jim

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Allright now, I downloaded Media Studio Pro 8. I already rippend the movie and extracted all the audio tracks. I inserted the intro of the movie and just two of the six audio tracks and wanted to pleay the "movie" so far. The picture is running very smoothly, but the sound is completly messed up. Instead of the ocean I hear just a noise that's hard to describe. It's comparable to a loud, deep, "dark" ticking - very fast.
When I de-active the audio tracks the sound is not there, but the .wav files are allright, I listened to them with another programm.

So... can anyone help me with this? I honestly have no clue what to do because, the sound is just a normal .wav file.
Also I get it quite often that the programm just aborts. Is it normal that the programm is so buggy or is it just me?

Cu,
Jim

EDIT: When I open the audio file import window and activate "auto play" the soundfile sounds all normal. But when I import it it sounds all messed up like described.[/b]

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jim said:
Also I get it quite often that the programm just aborts. Is it normal that the programm is so buggy or is it just me?
That would be because of your PC, MSP8 is a heavy, heavy program as far as system requirements go.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You need to install all the latest patches.
I am using UMSP8 for a long time now, always with wav audio files and it works perfectly. Especially the audio is great, because the instant play function delivers a result, even, if 5 or more wav tracks are overlayed. So I can hear the transitions while I ma working on them. To me this is essential.

Jim

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, that's all nice and fine, but the Trialversion doesn't accept any updates. So I guess this means on to the next candidate...

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maybe that is the catch about the trial version.
If you want to work with free software, I would advise you to work with avisynth. If you don't need transitions you can also work with virtualdub-mpeg2 or try cuttermaran, which can also handle ac-3 and knows fast rendering. Still you need to make the audio transitions then in an audio editor like Audacity or Kristal Audio Engine.

Jim

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I don't want to use necessarily free programs. I don't mind paying for a good program, but I HAVE to be able to test it first. And honestly, ULead lost a lot of points in my book with the inability to play a stupid, simple .wav file in the movie, when it can play it in preview. It's not an exotic format of any kind and when I download 180 MB of program that's the LEAST I expect.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thats the point though its a trial version, all its there for is to allow you to playa round with the GUI and see if the program does roughly what you want it to do. of course ULead are going to break it somewhat, why bother upgrading to the full version if the trial does everything you need it to.

make a five or ten minute edit of something lay a few audio tracks on it, if it works and you like how it does it then buy the full version.

Jim

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Of course it's just logical that a trial is supposed to make the customer buy the product, but this kind of restrictions just made me one thing: so angry that I'll never pay 150 bucks for this - ten would be too much for this crap. This can be compared to STEAM & games, but that would lead too far.

I'll give Adobe Premiere a try this evening or tomorrow, we'll see. ULead is, however, dead for me. If I can't work with the trial properly (and it's not like I wanted to do any fancy stuff like using filters or anything - I wanted to import a soundfile for god's sake) they sure won't see one cent from my pocket.

Top Bottom