• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

U/d ratio help

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My u/d ratio is 2.2 on a torrent im seeding i know this means how much ive uploaded but does it also mean they is enough of the torrent to finish from the leechers between if not is they a other way of knowning this or is a silly question?

Thanks in adavance

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
in aureus you can see how much advanced the downloaders are.
The downlaoders prgress has little to do with how much you upload, but how many downlaoders there are, how much they share and things like that. Usually I have to upload about 1.7 for others to get the full file, but then I am a very careful uploader and I kick pure leechers all the time, when I find them.
So the only way to answer your question is by looking at some statistics for your torent, liek azureus offers them.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
im useing bitcomet this is what the statistics maybe you could make sense of it i just want to same some uploading time..

Overall Infos: Torrents: 18 | Peers: 10 | Sockets: 223 (HTTP: 1)
TCP Connections: Established: 10 | Half-Open: 0 | Waiting: 0

Overall Download Rate: 0 KB/s Connection Limits: 20 - 40 per task
Overall Upload Rate: 23 KB/s Upload slots: 5 - 10

Disk Cache Size: 10 MB (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)
Free Phys Mem: 13.05 MB (Min: 50 MB)
Disk Read Statistics: Request: 128890 (freq: 1.2/s), Actual Disk Read: 28879 (freq: 0.1/s), Hit Ratio: 77.5%
Disk Write Statistics: Request: 8956 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Write: 5746 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 35.8%

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
there is no info about the leechers in that statistic.
So there is nothing to be said about how far they are advanced.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh ok thanks anyway

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
like with utorrent there is a tab called peers that tells you how much each person has downloaded. the next person who finishes is currently at 94.5 percent. does bitcomet have a peers tab?

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BitComet does indeed have a peers tab.

Usually if a torrent doesn't take up too much harddirve space, I'll seed it when ever I have my client open. If it's a large DVD image file, I usually seed it for a while then delete it. I don't seed 24/7, but I do seed quite a bit.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Delete it? so your saying you dont need to seed 24/7

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am seeding about 4 days max. and then for special edits I care about (usually my own) I take a look here and there and seed a but more.
But once I uplaoded a fanedit it belongs to the community and the community shoudl care about it being seeded. And Rapidshare makes me feel completely safe with this attitude, because those who want it can still get it.

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
when i seed i usually go by a couple of things whichever comes first. Either there is over 10 seeders now, if it has been over 5 days or or i have uploaded over 200gb personally and still no one has stayed on to seed.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heh, I'll be uploading my edits to RapidShare on account of my connection upload speed sucks (Trying to upload a 400mb file to gigasize is taking a while) *hint hint wink wink*

Top Bottom