• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Typical time to review?

Conrad MacIntyre

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I check the forum multiple times a day to see what the status of my submission to Dominic Cobb is, but after looking through the "Pending Approval" sub-forum, I see that the oldest pending edit is from June. 2016. Haha. Just so I can set my expectations accordingly, how long can I expect it to take to get through the Academy process as a first-timer? Seems like several months is not out of the question at all.

Thanks so much!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There is no typical time.  It depends on several factors:

1) How busy are the Academy members in real life?
2) How interested in your edit is one of the Academy members, who also isn't too busy per #1?
3) Does one of the Academy members own the source, while also qualifying for #2?

We try to process edits in a timely manner, and keep an eye on ones that have been languishing for a long time.  But there's only so much that can be done.  Being an Academy member is both demanding and thankless, unfortunately, so it's hard for us to find and keep good ones.  It's an imperfect system but it's the best we've managed to come up with.

I know ultimately that isn't a satisfying answer, but that's all I've got.

Conrad MacIntyre

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No worries, it takes the time it takes. I get that life is busy. And I am NOT trying to rush anyone. Just want to make sure I'm not looking for something unrealistic. Thanks for your answer (and your time).

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One thing to keep in mind is that the Academy review is only for getting your edit listed on the database. If you want to put out your edit and let people know they can view it in the meantime, that is completely allowed.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Keep in mind, edits not released on the FEdB (I'm sure that is wrong) cannot be reviewed.
You can get feedback, PMs or inline posts.
That should not discourage you if you want others to view.
Also, you fore-go the chance of winning the coveted FEOTH prize!
And all the honors and acclaim that accompany the trophy.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha ha ha.
I will never get that IFDb correct.
FEOTM, I just screwed up.
Blinded by the glitter and glamour.

Conrad MacIntyre

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I started to search the internet wth the idea that someone probably re-edited the SW prequels to make them watchable better, I came across the IFDb. Downloaded HAL9000’s trilogy and found better movies. I never came to the boards, just the main site. I hope to have my edit listed there so that people who are looking for a re-edit of IT will find what they seek.

So, yeah, that is the main reason I hope to get listed.

Top Bottom