• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Two Exits From Pan's Labyrinth by CBB

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
available via bittorrent now too.

Juic0r

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i am a fan of the movie and a huge fan of this edit, nearly flawless except some rough cuts that really can't be improved due to source.

question: dual layer ntsc?? on rapidshare? torrent? would u mail me. would love a higher bitrate.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the source for this is PAL. I still have the PAL masterfiles (3.2GB per movie). But actually it is too much work for too little output to make all the menus in PAL too.
So it was you, who downloaded it first, joebshmoe, the one with the ultrafast connection. Pretty impressing.
And thanks for liking the result. What issues exactly did you have with the bitrate?
I have posted 2 screenshots for a comparison (taken from virtualdub):
1: NTSC version:
screenshot3iy8.jpg

2: PAL version:
screenshot2rl4.jpg

The PAL image is from the original DVD source.

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very very sexy boon! Thanks for bringing it to life. I'm about to head to the torrents and grab a copy. :)

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
mmm when you mentioned Throw for downloading it first i didn't even get it yet - i was at work - must be someone else.

i have comcast cable. not very impressive...

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh man that PAL image is tempting...

did you think of releasing these uncompressed on seperate DVD5's ?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
let's see if there are others who want that too. Currently the RS files are doing well, the torrent has received a somewhat little attention so far (with only about 30 downloaders). Let others speak their mind. I will keep the PAL versions and if there is enough interest I might release them or maybe just the first movie.

Juic0r

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i do love full quality (if available) for movies that enter my actual dvd collection along side the original, i just noticed that on my dual layer ntsc version was achieving 2-3 megs bit higher in darker scenes. no complaints with bitrateor quality of video , was just wondering if there was a dual being released in future?

btw 2 disc collecters edition would be bad ass :shock:

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Puuh have been seeding since day one now, will watch it tonight, but cbb rules so i think its great....thanx

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, i watched it now and...LOVED IT, especially the fantasy one, still a few rough-cuts but still the movie i wanted to see in the first place when i saw the trailer for the first time...

Cbb and boon23 rules !!!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks for the comment, RMS, and I am happy you liked it. Could you name the rough cuts?

bogwart

Reaction score
Trophy Points
An amazing effort and a brilliant result. However I'm wondering whether anyone else has experienced the problem I have, which is no subtitles on the second film.

I've downloaded this via Demonoid and RS, played it on VLC and Nero Showtime, with the same result. Subtitles fine in Ofelia's film, simply not there in the Captain's.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I havent watched the captains film yet, only ophelia. i will give it a check

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
thanks for the comment, RMS, and I am happy you liked it. Could you name the rough cuts?

I dont remember right now exacktly, but it was a few places where the sound feels weird due to a cut..hardly not noticeable but im a sound-geek and gets annoyed by every little glitch...

ill watch it again during the week with some friends of mine and get back to you after that..but dude, you rule, ever thought of trying to contact one of the big studios and maybe become a cutting dude there?

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hm i watched it with my dudes and homegirls now with my home theater system sound and it was flawless this time..hmmm

Great edit, keep it up

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hehe, well it is not flawless. The captain part has no subtitles for whatever reason, because I wrote them and added them and I am sure, when I checked the last time they were there. I will re-release this fanedit within the next few days. Also for the quality geeks I will release a PAL version of OFELIA PRINCESA DE LAS PROFUNDIDADES soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
hehe, well it is not flawless. The captain part has no subtitles for whatever reason, because I wrote them and added them and I am sure, when I checked the last time they were there. I will re-release this fanedit within the next few days. Also for the quality geeks I will release a PAL version of OFELIA PRINCESA DE LAS PROFUNDIDADES soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

ok, i never use subtitles so i didnt know, but i thought i heard a few sond-glitches between cuts when i watched it on my tv with no extra speakers, didnt found these now when i watched it through my home theater system so...i guess it was the tv the first time....

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
on christmas eve I will finally release via bittorrent (and later on via RS) the PAL version of OFELIA PRINCESA DE LAS PROFUNDIDADES (the fantasy version of Pan's Labyrinth). This features the movie with the best image quality. Only the transitions were re-encoded (and not with womble).

Top Bottom