• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Two Exits From Pan's Labyrinth by CBB

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have started my new fanedit.
It will contain 2 complete movies, both based on PAN'S LABYRINTH by Guillermo del Toro.
The idea for this came from twistd101.

Episode 1:
Ofelia princesa del mundo

This is the fairytale edition. It will be all around Ofelia and her mystic adventures.

Episode 2:
La guerra del Capitan malvado

This is the story about the events in Spain 1944, where an evil captain fights against a group of rebels to protect the fascist regime.

Both movies will be featured on one DVD, to give you the choice. There will be plenty of overlapping scenes for both movies, but in a very different contents.
Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sounds very interesting. I will be curious to see how you tease them apart into two movies. cool

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Intriguing concept. I suppose in a way it was an amalgamation of two tonally different films, with the fantastical fairytale (Although still very dark) and the Spanish civil war. Sounds like a nice companion to the main film, so looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sounds fantastic... that film had some problems.... and i think this is the perfect way to fix them. great idea boon. :)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have finished the first editing run and will test now what I got. This one gave me REALLY a VERY hard time. Yes, there are kind of two plots, but they interact at several points and are extremely hard to divide.
Still I am positive this will play out.
Current time for OFELIA PRINCESA DEL MUNDO: 1:12.08 (about 40 minutes short to the original)

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds good Boon, glad it's all coming together. :)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the current version, eliminated a few rougher spots and it works.
Part 1 is complete and I am happy. This "fantasy" version contains none of the cruelties from the original version, focusses almost completely on Ofelia and is IMO suitable for 12-years old kids, pretty much like Harry Potter "Prisoner of Azkaban" is, with the difference of a shocking and kind of sad ending: the kid is shot and bleeds to death. The ending is the same as in the original movie.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what an amazing project! kudos to you Boon! 8) i could never have the patience or acumen to tease apart a movie and completely reshape it like you have done here.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, i agree. I cant wait to see what you have done boon!!

gekko

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this movie was definitely not for children, so splitting them into two (one for kids, one for adults) would be interesting. i don't know if a kid getting shot and dying is suitable for a 12 yr old though (i don't have kids myself). but i guess it would be tough to end w/o her dying, unless somehow she saves the baby then magically enters the fairytale world. sounds interesting though.

Simba7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought the whole idea of Pan's labyrinth was to show how the real world and the fairytale world are connected and their differences and now your going to separate the inseparable... :)
This is going to be interesting to watch.

gekko

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i don't think boon's version is meant to replace or improve on the original. it's more like an alternative way to view the film from two different points of view. the big question is will boon's version make any sense to someone who has never seen the original. that's partly why i'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lots of people had the problem with the original that the very violent war drama kind of surpressed the fantasy part.
From what I watched plotwise the fantasy edition makes sense and is a pretty interesting movie to watch, very different from the feeling of the original, but I am kind of even more fascinated by the war drama movie, which will feature no fantasy at all. The major difficulty for the ending will probably be the finale, when Ofelia enters the labyrinth with her brother to meet the pan there.

Juic0r

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yea the only way i see the second story ending work, would just edit out the part in the labyrth when the wall opens for ophelia, and edit out faun talking to ophelia at the end, just have the captain walk in, see ophelia not talking to herself and then carry out original ending without anymore fantasy. it would make for a much darker ending to the war film.

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hated the original, had seen a trailer and thought that this was the fantasy-movie of the year, damn i got dissapointed...so this is a brilliant idea...

Dislexsick

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i loved pans but this will be and edit that i want to see cos such a perfect movie being seperated is such an interesting idea i can wait

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have finished the first draft for the second movie: LA GUERRA DEL CAPITAN MALVADO, which is Pan's Labyrinth without any fantasy. So far it has been a VERY difficult fanedit, but I am really proud of how I was able to solve so many problems that came with creating a working plot that happens "just" in reality.
Current length: 73 minutes. And those are intense!

Skeksis

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds very cool, I loved Pan's Labyrinth and it'll be interesting to see how the stories were seperated.

Top Bottom