• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Two cartoon series not available on DVD for preservation

kaarma33

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi:
I was packing up my VHS tape collection to drop off to charity and found that some of the recorded cartoons have still not come out on DVD.
Reboot, a cool Canadian CGI cartoon series, and the Earthworm Jim series will never be released on DVD due to discontinued licencing.

I have Reboot season 1 and 2 and most of Earthworm Jim season 1 on VHS tape.
But, I recorded these cartoons on VHS tape in LP mode instead of the higher quality SP mode.
Is there a way to fix up the video a little bit?

I did find a bittorrent of both of these shows on the internet, but the video quality is worse than my VHS tapes.

thanks,
boinger

kaarma33

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The 1st and 2nd season of Reboot were never fully available on VHS and definitely not on DVD.
Season 3 and 4 Reboot DVDs are out of production, but I was able to rent them from www.zip.ca.

On the Rainmaker website there's a video of a possible new Reboot series or a movie trilogy.
http://www.rainmaker.com/?/home/work/6
www.reboot.com
The Reboot comic book "Paradigms Lost" was okay, since it jumped ahead of season 4.

Reboot Revival webforum seemed to be in the know for Reboot DVDs.
It doesn't look like the first two seasons will be on DVD until the original rights holders issue the DVDs themselves (ABC or Paramount?) or sell to Rainmaker the rights to those 2 seasons.

The earthworm jim episodes I found were not that good; I'll look again.

A

AvP

They has bin some new caps of earthworm jim and pretty good....once ive got sometime i might convert them to DVD.

kaarma33

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That new possible Reboot series / movie trilogy from Rainmaker will not have any input from the original writers, voice actors or staff from Mainframe Inc. So, it's likely to be quite different than the original Reboot series. (Reference: www.rebootrevival.com - Anime Evolution 2009 Reboot Panel.)

At least, it's a possibility that when the new series starts sometime in 2010?, Rainmaker or whoever else owns the licence to the first 2 seasons will release the episodes onto DVD.

Earthworm Jim on DVD!
Alright!
Thanks AvP!
(and thanks again for getting those Science of SW DVD preservations together!)

Top Bottom