• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Twixtor for AAE: Is it possible to set how many frames long the desired output is?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm experimenting with Twixtor for Adobe After Effects in order to slow down/speed up some clips in a smooth way (unlike the sloppiness that Vegas does). However, I need the resulting clips to be a specific number of frames long so they fit in the timeline exactly, but for what I can see Twixtor operates with percentages (30% of the original speed, and such), so the only way I can see to get the lenght right is by trial and error. Is there a workaround for this and a way to tell Twixtor exactly how many frames long I need the result to be?

I haven't used this software. Does it allow decimals or just integer values? You could count the frames needed (like 100) and the original clip's frames (maybe 20) and use a percentage calculator website to find an accurate percentage (in this example it would be 20% but a more realistic example will have decimals).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom