• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Twin Peaks Revisited (Season 2/Mid-Season) Fanfix

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer

Twin Peaks Revisited is an attempt to fix as many of the issues with the second half of season two of Twin Peaks as possible
and make it more focused and enjoyable.

ABC forced Frost and Lynch to name the killer mid-season and it really changed the series direction from Episode 10 and on.
This fanfix covers ONLY those episodes, which is everything after Laura's killer's reveal.

The goal of this edit is to keep the main Cooper/Black Lodge story in focus while also keeping the subplots that
actually had a payoff at the end of the season and keeping Windom Earle a more menacing force.

Edits:
Removed Little Nicky subplot (Andy/Dick/Lucy already have another subplot happening)

Removed all of Windom Earle and Leo scenes till the very end *Episode 19*.
Pushing Windom to the back gives Cooper an opportunity again to be a detective on-screen.

Leo no longer gets killed by spiders, his death happens off-screen now and isn't played silly.

Removed Catherine eavesdropping on Josie when on the phone with Eckhart.

Removed some scenes of Pete and Catherine giving Josie a hard time as a maid.
We see her become a maid and her vent to Harry about it already, but removed most of this as the story ran on too long.

Removed Ben's dissociative Civil War fugue/ Audrey & Bobby team up that goes on forever.

Removed Lana and Dick scenes at Miss Twin Peaks audition rehearsal.

Removed scene of Audrey and Pete watching Jack's plane fly away.

Removed 98% of James's subplot when he leaves Twin peaks. His story happens off-screen but
Donna does go searching for him and is in for a surprise.

Trimmed up Garland being shot by the horse. It no longer shows Windom Earle's face and shows Garland's vision instead.

Removed Dartboard Garland scenes.

Reorganized the Nadine/Mike/Hank/Ed/Norma subplot.

Removed scene of Audrey and Jack that breaks up the scene of Harry being attacked.

Cut Ben Horne making shadow puppets when Hank tells him he's fired.

Updated two songs in Episode 11 with 2 instrumental tracks by David Lynch ("Say it" & "Waiting Here" Instrumental (from The Big Dream).

Recreated opening credits for Episode 17 because I didn't have footage I could use. (This episode had Windom and Leo in the opening)
Original Runtime : 616min (episodes 10-22)
New Runtime : 493min
Episode notes:
Because of some plotlines being removed, the season is now 2 episodes shorter than what it originally was, but this doesn't affect the story at all,
everything that removed was mainly filler to pad out the season and exposition scenes, so now the show has some focused mystery again.

There are now 10 episodes instead of 12 episodes.

Episode 10 [No edits] sets up the rest of the season and there was nothing that needed to be removed.
Episode 22 [No edits] (which is now Episode 20) is perfection.

New Episode Order :
Episode 10 (Untouched) 47:21
Episode 11 (v2) 42:24
Episode 12 (v2) 36:16
Episode 13 54:59
Episode 14 56:07
Episode 15 43:22
Episode 16 41:23
Episode 17 (v2) 39:48
Episode 18 (v2) 37:19
Episode 19 41:54
Episode 20 [aka Ep 22/Season 2 finale] (Untouched) 50:30

Each episode is encoded at 1440x1080p HEVC with 5.1 AAC. (English Subtitles)

Samples :

Episode 11 opening with new music. [Say It (Instrumental) by David Lynch]

Ben Horne scene with updated music. [Waiting Here (Instrumental) by David Lynch]

Re-created Digital credits for new intro for Episode 17 (v2)

Garland kidapping update (no more stupid horse)

Last edited:

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Final Updates to Episodes :
**For anyone that grabbed these in the past week, I suggest you re-download these episodes**

Episode 11 (V2)
Fixed "Winter of Discontent"  line of dialogue during Ben watching Super-8 films

Episode 12 (V2)
I cut Ernie/Denise/Dale's scene a bit too early. The scene is back in now. 

Episode 16 (V2)
Fixed music cues

Episode 17 (V2)
Updated digital opening credits (there was a scaling issue previously)

Episode 18 (V3)
Removed scene of Audrey and Pete watching Jack fly away because it wasn't necessary and also so the pivotal Dale scene plays seamlessly like it should without the break in between.

Updated the scene with Garland being kidnapped by Windom. 
Now we don't see Windom in his silly Horse costume and we see Garland's vision.

Episode 19 (V2)
Fixed double shot of Leo at 4:12 and bad music cue at 12:11

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last Update:

Episode 12 (V2)

I promise, these are the last of the fixes.

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode 11 (2.0)
Fixed "Winter of Discontent" line of dialogue during Ben watching Super-8 films
**Fixed all music cues**

Episode 12 (V 2.2)
Fixed hard cut timing between Dale's reaction and Double R exterior.
Extended the shot and fixed rain sound effects for exterior shot of the Sherriff's station.

**Fixed all music cues**

Episode 13 (V 2.0)
**Fixed all music cues**

Episode 14 (V 2.0)
**Fixed all music cues**

Episode 16 (2.0)
**Fixed all music cues**

Episode 17 (2.1)
Updated digital opening credits (there was a scaling issue previously)
**Fixed all music cues**
Fixed a hard cut that faded by mistake.

Episode 18 (3.1)
Removed scene of Audrey and Pete watching Jack fly away because it wasn't necessary and also so the pivotal Dale scene plays seamlessly like it should without the break in between.

**Fixed all music cues**

Updated the scene with Garland being kidnapped by Windom.

Episode 19 (2.0)
Fixed double shot of Leo at 4:12 and bad music cue at 12:11
**Fixed all music cues**

Last edited:

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After many hours, the English subtitles are now complete and final edits are done. 
Msg me if you are interested in viewing this edit. 
Image1.png

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Subtitles are always appreciated!

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I cannot thank the person who created this guide enough (Ross Dudle) 
https://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/p/twin-peaks-music-scene-guide.html

It helped immensely in trying to identify which track (from the massive TP music archive) belonged to which scene to correct and make seamless music cues/transitions when there wasn't enough lead.
I'd probably still be going through tracks for another 3 months without that guide.

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MisterCooper said:
I cannot thank the person who created this guide enough (Ross Dudle) 
https://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/p/twin-peaks-music-scene-guide.html

It helped immensely in trying to identify which track (from the massive TP music archive) belonged to which scene to correct and make seamless music cues/transitions when there wasn't enough lead.
I'd probably still be going through tracks for another 3 months without that guide.

For anyone interested, here's one example of a scene I was able to mix together with a seamless music transition thanks to Ross' guide. 
The 2 scenes below were not originally connected. 

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I made an upgrade to episode 12, nothing too major and also re-synced the subtitles as well. 

Episode 12 (2.2)

I fixed the hard cut timing between Dale's reaction and Double R exterior. 

Extended the exterior shot of the Sherriff's station (longer than it originally was) and included rain sound effects that were missing.

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did some clean up on episode 13, just timing for hard cuts and more music cue timing fixes also re-synced the subtitles. 

Episode 13 (2.1)
Eddie being wired, The Vagrant murder scene, Fade in after commercial at Dead Dog, music clean up Ed/Doc at diner (hardcut/music transition)

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm holding off on any more fixes for the time being. I hope so far anyone that has access to this is enjoying it.
s-l1600-2449-1400x1400.jpg

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've had a Twin Peaks binge over the last couple of weeks , and am currently re-watching The Return,   as part of this marathon i  took a  look at your edit...i totally agree with what you have cut. As much as i like the out there writing in TP i could never stand Ben's Civil War storyline or the Little Nicky scenes so good decision to give them the chop.

..I personally would have scrapped the whole James & Evelyn storyline, making the  first appearance of Donna  when Windome turns up at her door. Let's just think James is on his travels sulking as usual :) 

I personally did not mind the original music in the projector scene but your rescore was nicely done. Maybe you could have kept the original song during the end credits but that's a personal choice of mine....best of both worlds to include both. I didn't find Billy Zane's character so annoying after this forth time of watching season 2.

Good job...i'll definitely return to this edit...but may just take out them James scenes :)

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the input and glad you enjoyed it, but I'd like to say I did truncate the James subplot to about 10min (if that) total. I wanted him and Donna to at least have their proper closure with him driving off instead of storming off. I believe I left 3 scenes for their subplot.
  1. Donna looking for James at the bar.
  2. James getting in argument with Evelyn and Donna finds him.
  3. The picnic scene. 
Also the opening to Episode 11 has James on his bike, and even though James subplot sucks, him on a bike is cool, James was always cool. ​

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit submitted, thread moved to Pending Approval.

MisterCooper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
fixed a mistake in episode 218 , a scene frame blended from one to another. I uploaded it to the mega.

novalis

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched all ten episodes. This will be my go-to place for my Twin Peaks re-watches. Edits and transitions seemed smooth. I really like that you didn't even play with episode 10 and the finale. It gave a standard for the plots that were essential and those that were trimmable. Great work!

Top Bottom