• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Twin peaks: Nostalgia

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to finished. Cherry Pie all round.

regularjoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't see the promised link to the restructure of how Bob is killed.  
Could you please relate how you eliminate Bob now?

ReddinoX

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Everything is in episode 12. Feel free to write your comments after you see it :)

samhayel2

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello,

All the episodes have been downloaded. I have not the time to watch them for now but i have open each of them in order to have a first view of your edit.

First of all congratulations. The color, the music, the edit is wonderful. Especially for the TP part of the story, we definitely have an 80s vibe, that's really great :)

My only regret is that I would have liked to have all the Twin Peaks characters (the new ones and the old ones) in the edit, even it that means less Dougie-part characters. But It's your choice for the editing and I totally respect that ;)

Thanks for your work

Chris

ReddinoX

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
samhayel2 said:
Hello,

All the episodes have been downloaded. I have not the time to watch them for now but i have open each of them in order to have a first view of your edit.

First of all congratulations. The color, the music, the edit is wonderful. Especially for the TP part of the story, we definitely have an 80s vibe, that's really great :)

My only regret is that I would have liked to have all the Twin Peaks characters (the new ones and the old ones) in the edit, even it that means less Dougie-part characters. But It's your choice for the editing and I totally respect that ;)

Thanks for your work

Chris

Thanks for your words. For the cutting, after you looked at all the episodes in sequence let me know how it flows.... :)

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally got around to watching TP Nostalgia.

I am gonna rattle of a few points that i remember from binging this edit. Memo for the future.: . i must start writing notes for a more organized review.

The scenes are really enhanced by the new/old music and the edit is 95% on point.. a few mild snips and scene replacements would have made it perfect but i know these things are subjective and my review is just that.

I personally wouldn't have used The Pink Room tune to rescore any of the scenes as to me this is an epic hypnotic masterpiece native only to the back room of  the Power & The Glory bar and shouldn't be used anywhere but. 

We should have seen Richard Horne take the drugs before he runs over the little boy.

I would have also substituted the Viva Las Vegas tune when Dougie meets the Mitchum Brothers in the desert  with something different...not sure what but something.

Although a  beautiful song i would have cut the Eddie Vedder appearance  totally and started the scene with Audrey Horne walking into the bar...maybe add some new sound FX to cover the music.

I would have tried to replace the music during  Norma and Ed's reconciliation scene in the Double R...I know I know how dare you scrap the great Otis Redding but this song seems to be forced into the scene, David Lynch is on record saying he loves the Monterey Pop festival this live version is taken from. 

It would be interesting to know the editors thoughts on why the green glove man needed to be exorcised...yes it was a bit silly but i quite like the references to the Fireman...i do wish they would have set this character up a little better after all he had a big part to play in the demise of BOB. I think they missed a trick by having him appear so late in the series...The removal of Freddie Sykes, led to the biggest editing problem ...the fight at the Roadhouse with Renee's husband Chuck. First we have the host announcing ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man ...only for The Pink Room to kick in...it just didn't work and the audio  dialogue levels were very low. As a solution i would have used subtitles in reference to The Pink Room scene in FWWM 

The original episode 8 - Gotta Light...is an absolute thing of beauty and i would have kept the whole episode in tact. Do you think the teenage girl in this episode is Sarah Palmer? Maybe - who knows.

Although i love all of the bands at the Bang Bang Bar the music interludes just seemed so forced and am overjoyed you managed to cut most of them. The new colouring is gorgeous - so warm and reminiscent of seasons 1&2 - so top marks for that...i also would have preferred you to make some end credits but i understand its a labourious task.

Overall - this edit is a winner and the rescoring really does heightened the Twin Peaksiness of The Return.

Sorry this review is more of series of memories than a structured review but thank you i had sense of Nostalgia rewatching your edit. Highly recommend with a few TwinPeaks..i mean Tweaks.

ReddinoX

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last Impressions said:
I finally got around to watching TP Nostalgia.

I am gonna rattle of a few points that i remember from binging this edit. Memo for the future.: . i must start writing notes for a more organized review.

The scenes are really enhanced by the new/old music and the edit is 95% on point.. a few mild snips and scene replacements would have made it perfect but i know these things are subjective and my review is just that.

I personally wouldn't have used The Pink Room tune to rescore any of the scenes as to me this is an epic hypnotic masterpiece native only to the back room of  the Power & The Glory bar and shouldn't be used anywhere but. 

We should have seen Richard Horne take the drugs before he runs over the little boy.

I would have also substituted the Viva Las Vegas tune when Dougie meets the Mitchum Brothers in the desert  with something different...not sure what but something.

Although a  beautiful song i would have cut the Eddie Vedder appearance  totally and started the scene with Audrey Horne walking into the bar...maybe add some new sound FX to cover the music.

I would have tried to replace the music during  Norma and Ed's reconciliation scene in the Double R...I know I know how dare you scrap the great Otis Redding but this song seems to be forced into the scene, David Lynch is on record saying he loves the Monterey Pop festival this live version is taken from. 

It would be interesting to know the editors thoughts on why the green glove man needed to be exorcised...yes it was a bit silly but i quite like the references to the Fireman...i do wish they would have set this character up a little better after all he had a big part to play in the demise of BOB. I think they missed a trick by having him appear so late in the series...The removal of Freddie Sykes, led to the biggest editing problem ...the fight at the Roadhouse with Renee's husband Chuck. First we have the host announcing ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man ...only for The Pink Room to kick in...it just didn't work and the audio  dialogue levels were very low. As a solution i would have used subtitles in reference to The Pink Room scene in FWWM 

The original episode 8 - Gotta Light...is an absolute thing of beauty and i would have kept the whole episode in tact. Do you think the teenage girl in this episode is Sarah Palmer? Maybe - who knows.

Although i love all of the bands at the Bang Bang Bar the music interludes just seemed so forced and am overjoyed you managed to cut most of them. The new colouring is gorgeous - so warm and reminiscent of seasons 1&2 - so top marks for that...i also would have preferred you to make some end credits but i understand its a labourious task.

Overall - this edit is a winner and the rescoring really does heightened the Twin Peaksiness of The Return.

Sorry this review is more of series of memories than a structured review but thank you i had sense of Nostalgia rewatching your edit. Highly recommend with a few TwinPeaks..i mean Tweaks.

thanks for the review. I wouldn't change anything in the editing, maybe yes, put subtitles in the fist fight scene ...

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you have a list of the tracks you used in each episode and did you use a LUT (please share) to implement the old 90's Fuji film look or was your edit a  manual regrade. With your permission i'd love to take the look of your edit plus the music rescoring and play around with my own edit...once i get some time :)

I really enjoyed Nostalgia but would love to tweak a few things for my own personal viewing. No problems if you want to keep your cards close to your chest :)

EddieDean

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm curious to know the specifics of which characters/scenes were cut out, could you expand on those?

Mire

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello. As a fan of Twin Peaks, I really find this idea to be amazing. The screenshots looks simply stunning and I'm wondering how it will look on motion. Especially on the "I'm the FBI" scene. The other factor that I find this edit to be interesting is the usage of music. IMO the Return didn't have Angelo Badalamenti's haunting score enough so I'm really excited to hear your placements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom