• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Teresa Banks and the Last Seven Days of Laura Palmer

v2david

Reaction score
Trophy Points
mysteryman said:
That is a shame with regards to the turn of events but I understand your position completely, Q2. I am just glad I got to download V1 of this fanedit which is already near perfect in my eyes, although from what I gather I believe V2 would possibly have been an improvement on that. I hope you will find a way to share your V2 version someday once everything has calmed down...

I agree, wait a little while for things to calm down. What happened here is your have a huge fanbase which has waited YEARS for this material to be released combined with a FanEdit which was produced in record time. Q2 basically did what every fan was waiting for...incorporated the deleted scenes back into the film. If ever there was need for an extended fanedit, this is definitely the one. So Q2 just did what every fan was hoping for in the first place.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sonnybaker said:
for what who cares

To answer the first question, for ignoring my request to abide by the rules. To answer the second question, obviously not you. When your 7-day ban expires, let us know if you want to become a valued member or the community or if you'd rather a permanent ban.

dale_coop

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for your work Q2, I am glad with your v1. Would love
to be able to watch the v2 in some times when everything will calm down.

:)

cashiers

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I look forward to seeing V1 or V2 as I'd really like to update my Fire Walk with Me podcast and talk about this new edit.

saturn5

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
not sure if anyone saw this but theres an article online about this edit
http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-missing-pieces-fanedit/

Probably one of the reasons why this fan-edit was hunted down by CBS.
Me and my friends are gonna enjoy V2 this weekend, we all own the new box-set and previous ones,
CBS have made a ton of money on us already so I'll watch without any feeling of guilt.
Thanks Q2 in advance for all your hard work on this, I'm forever thankful!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
saturn5 said:
Probably one of the reasons why this fan-edit was hunted down by CBS...

I ABSOLUTELY agree. See two pages back:
rewak said:
Well that's a shame. Who knows, maybe someone who managed to get it will put it somewhere else and the natural order of the internet will take over (if it was online it's never gone and all that). Screw CBS though, there's tons of sites with active links to rips of everything on the BluRay release, if they're going to spend time targeting a fanedit over those they have warped priorities.
addiesin said:
Copyright holders usually go for whatever is highly publicized, and someone posted an article about this edit on the one big twin peaks news fan site. Don't blame CBS for protecting their own material, blame whoever decided the fan edit needed any more publicity. The more people who know about it, the more likely the copyright holders know about it too.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please keep discussion focused on the edit itself, rather than distribution or lack thereof.

v2david

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Would love to TV's Frink but it is difficult when many people have yet to view it! :) Hopefully we will all be able to discuss V2.1 very soon. Thanks Q2!

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
v2david said:
Would love to TV's Frink but it is difficult when many people have yet to view it!

No, it's actually quite easy. If you don't have anything to say about the edit because you haven't seen it yet, don't say anything at all.

saturn5

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, this is it, yesterday me and my friends finally enjoyed V2.1 of this fan-edit.
Expectations were high, the mood was on top when the lights were dimmed and it all started...

To begin with, let me make clear that the version we enjoyed was the Mp4 one, I'm sure that the real BR version would have been even better in the very well built home cinema that we enjoyed this in, but still we felt that the sound was well mastered and picture quality was as good as one can expect from this kind of compressed file, so don't cry if this is the only version you can find, it will do Q2's work justice.

It's very hard to ignore that fact that the extra and extended scenes are a product of Lynch, not Q2, if he hadn't had this great material to work with this wouldn't have been possible, so sometimes I felt that it was hard to put credit where it was due.
To be more to the point I sometimes feel that this is the way that Lynch would have wanted it cut if he had had the freedom to do what he wanted back in the day when this was released. That may make it sound like Q2 didn't do a good job or at least not much of a job, wasn't it all just cut and paste? But in truth you should instead ask yourself, didn't he do an amazing job?
To cut, edit, master and do all the work and tweaking needed to make this a whole and still convince me and also my friends sitting next to me that this is just what Lynch intended and would have wanted, it has to be good, it has to have been hard work and it absolutely has to deserve praise!

Let's leave Lynch behind for a while and talk about me, my friends, the audience, is this what we wanted?
Is this true to what we feel Twin peaks is? Oh Yes, it really is.
It was more than I expected when it comes to added story elements, a deeper explanation of the whole plot around Laura Palmer and this fan-edit or cut really has great value in the lore of Twin Peaks.
One of the ways I put value on a cut is by asking myself, would I pay for it, in other words, would I buy it on Bluray/DVD?
In this case the answer it's YES, not because of added playtime, that's to cheap, it doesn't always add to the story but in this case it truly does and I'd really like to point out that Q2s love for this material really shines trough.
Now some may say that this is a far to long movie cut this way..and they are right, no question about it, at least for one whole sitting, me and my friends were clever enough to take a break midway, it gave time for reflection and well need lift of spirit because let's face it, this is a dark story if there ever was one.
The original cut is a ride straight to hell and this one isn't any brighter believe me.
But heavy as it is and even heavier in this cut it should never be ignored,
this was an essential movie and Q2 has made it even more of "must see".

The final verdict from me would be that this is exactly that, a "must see" for all Twin Peaks fans.
This is what we all dreamed that the new boxset would contain but instead we got bits and pieces...
however these bits and pieces were merged together into a true holy grail, the one we have been searching for and dreaming of for all these years and it seems it will remain a fading legend since it scared the shit out of CBS..
who probably thought "My God this is good, why didn't we do this?" and pushed Q2 to hide this one up his sleeve forevermore.

My final words are aimed at Q2 himself: "Take credit for this one, be proud, this was so well made that they had to force you to hide it, that says it all."

That is all
//Dan

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot. I'm sorry it can't get into the hands of more people, but what can you do. Maybe one day...

If you have a chance please post this review on IFDB (http://goo.gl/nVM1Dq) so those that don't frequent the forum can read it. Thanks again!

saturn5

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot. I'm sorry it can't get into the hands of more people, but what can you do. Maybe one day...

If you have a chance please post this review on IFDB (http://goo.gl/nVM1Dq) so those that don't frequent the forum can read it. Thanks again!

No Q2, it is me that should be thanking you, this review was just raw inspiration from watching your edit or as I prefer to call it now that I've seen it..Cut.
Hopefully it will be available some day, because it truly is what we all wanted.

It will be an honor to post my review on IFDB, in fact I'm rather flattered that you think it's good enough to post there, English is a second language to me and I sometimes struggle to be true to what I feel and think about things to 100%.

I've personally have been thinking about producing subtitles for your cut, mostly for the hearing impared (because my uncle is).
If that is something you would be interested in, please let me know via PM and we will take it from there, otherwise I'll just keep it to myself.

Thanks for acknowledging my feed-back and for all your hard work.
Looking forward to your next project whatever it may be!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And I want to make love to Scarlet Johansson, but I don't see that happening any time soon!!! :x

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Suffering said:
***deleted by moderator***
[MENTION=11794]Suffering[/MENTION] read the rules.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
And I want to make love to Scarlet Johansson, but I don't see that happening any time soon!!! :x

With you, always what you can't do (soon).

thejaff

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Firstly I just wanted to thank Q2 for his dedication and hard work to making something come to fruition that was a LONG long time coming.. The quality of your work is amazing, and shows a deep love for the material.

I know this is an impossible pipe dream, but it simply put it out there in the hopes that over the years it might get kicked around here and there, and eventually pop up in the right persons psyche and result in... i don't know.. some sort of give and take. First is simply the realization or acknowledgement of the motivations of fan editors. That we aren't pirates, that we have a deep love for the work, and are diligent about owning the material we work with. Keep in mind please I have never released anything.. I just play around for my own enjoyment.. I speak of the fanedit culture as a whole.. That being said. Couldn't some method be worked out, between..(of course it would have to be individual rights holders) those in possession of rights to these films, such that, upon purchase of the film you could access, perhaps even through the companies that own the original material... fanedits? Almost like a bonus feature. It would be a strange partnership for sure.. perhaps a better way would be a moderator position on sites like this in which they could help establish the distribution of passwords gotten from proof of purchase, which then allow only those who have verified they own the material to download it? I know I'm dreaming.. but like I said. I'm just hoping it gets kicked around in the right persons head so as to allow non pirates to further the dream.. I know I know.. Its just another verse of "why can't we all just get along"... time to wake up, the real world is calling me.

saturn5

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thejaff said:
Couldn't some method be worked out, between..(of course it would have to be individual rights holders) those in possession of rights to these films, such that, upon purchase of the film you could access, perhaps even through the companies that own the original material... fanedits? Almost like a bonus feature. It would be a strange partnership for sure.. perhaps a better way would be a moderator position on sites like this in which they could help establish the distribution of passwords gotten from proof of purchase, which then allow only those who have verified they own the material to download it? I know I'm dreaming.. but like I said. I'm just hoping it gets kicked around in the right persons head so as to allow non pirates to further the dream.. I know I know.. Its just another verse of "why can't we all just get along"... time to wake up, the real world is calling me.

Oh man, the logistics to make this happen...a real nightmare.
Sorry to say, it will never happen and is way of topic plus the fact that how things are shared aren't suppose to be discussed if you take your time to read the rules.
This fan-edit was struck hard, they normally pass under the radar.... so I'd say that the problem is minimal..for now.

Top Bottom