• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Teresa Banks and the Last Seven Days of Laura Palmer

regularjoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was watching it and wondering how it would work to have a prologue that uses all of the flashback of the Teresa Banks material and leave that out of the middle of the movie. I know it sounds totally left field (not to mention cue hell, probably undoable based on the state of the existing material). I am not a fan of flashback and one of the criticisms of the movie when it first came out was "we've all seen the series so we know that Leland did it, there's no suspense here." I disagree, one may know the ending but that doesn't mean that the ride from here to there isn't interesting. So Leland is banging hookers, bails on the fourway, Teresa noses around about her cohorts dad's, Leland kills her and opening credits.....

If the viewer has NEVER seen TP it would be a huge who the hell are these people and then into the whole FBI thing. Something that I really adore about this fanedit is that it restores to the movie the level of multiplicity that is happening with the ring bearers/others/people above the convenience store. If you are cold to TP and watch this and then the series from ep 1 on it would almost be a giant let down as there is so much more robustness here to the dancing midget, Mike, Bob and Leland that never plays out in the series.....that wasn't really Lynch's point through, was it?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Version 2 is now live on MySpleen. This is a 720p version and is around 5GB. Enjoy!

tombrun

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I googled it and I had to enter a username/password. There was no way to create an account, so I googled some more. I found another site where it said that the signup for myspleen was closed, so I can't create an account. I'm sure there are other places to upload this fanedit, so that people other than the members of an (to me) ubscure site can download it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
rainydazemonday said:
Is there somewhere I can download this? Thanks!

Read the rules and using this site, you can find links to these at the top of most every page.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tombrun said:
I googled it and I had to enter a username/password. There was no way to create an account, so I googled some more. I found another site where it said that the signup for myspleen was closed, so I can't create an account. I'm sure there are other places to upload this fanedit, so that people other than the members of an (to me) ubscure site can download it.

Read the first paragraph of this post. http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/to...norg-you-MUST-read-the-first-post/topic/8592/

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a heads up, requests for invites will not be tolerated in this thread. I can go to ot.com to read those requests.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tombrun said:

I hear you, Pilgrim, but that's how it is.
You might have to wait, and wait a long time.
Happens to me with UseNet. See something alluring, only it's too old for my SAB.
Watch something else, and check the FE sister site periodically.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Just a heads up, requests for invites will not be tolerated in this thread. I can go to ot.com to read those requests.

Frink is correct. Do not request invites there. Everybody Read the first paragraph of that thread.

v2david

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will have to wait patiently for this. I have no interest in myspleen or OT. I enjoy this sight and the members on THIS site!

mysteryman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Had a look at the Myspleen site, looks like there is no way I am going to be able download V2. Is there any other more accessible site this could be uploaded to?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
v2david said:
I have no interest in myspleen or OT. I enjoy this sight and the members on THIS site!

I got 2 newflashes for ya.

1) You can't download from THIS site anyway.

2) THIS site wouldn't exist if it weren't for OT.com and MySpleen.

FE <3 OT

v2david

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's fine if other people love OT. I love this sight and the members on here.

sonnybaker

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can this just be uploaded to Mega again until it is taken down. Maybe if the edit isn't so heavily publicized (i.e. articles on WelcomeToTwinPeaks.com) then it'll have a better chance of staying up.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From the rules:

(emphasis mine)

6. Discussing The Availability of Fanedits. NEVER post a link in the forums to any website where you can download fanedits. And when saying where something has been uploaded, DO NOT use full URLs. Generic names are acceptable (rapidshare, mediafire, info, etc.) but please DO NOT get into discussions of download sites.

Any additional posts regarding hosting of this edit will be deleted and the offending parties will get infractions. Thank you.

Top Bottom