• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Teresa Banks and the Last Seven Days of Laura Palmer

Gematria

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've just been on Myspleen and noticed that it's been deleted from there :-(

Hopefully it will appear somewhere else before too long.

njet

Reaction score
Trophy Points
on my spleen again... but the first version with the three scenes cut

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread closed until further notice.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After discussing it with a couple people I trust, I have decided that this edit will remain offline indefinitely. The reason for this is because CBS has sent takedown notices to .info, MEGA, and MySpleen, and I don't want to be responsible for these sites, any other site, or myself from being harassed by CBS's laywers. Obviously CBS is very protective of FWWM at this juncture (I read about how much work they had to go through securing the rights, so I don't blame them) and are passionate about stopping this edit from getting out there.

I love Twin Peaks, and I still don't think this edit would stop anyone from buying the boxset, but CBS feels differently. While I would much rather have had them be like, "Hey... you know we put a lot of work into getting FWWM out to you guys, could you help us out by removing this?" I can't help but take their threats seriously. I will honor their wishes.

So thank you for the support on this project. I'm sorry I can't share it with you, but that's the way it goes.

beijing-curtain_1845225i.jpg

v2david

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I completely understand Q2. I bought the boxset Day 1 and of course was looking forward to seeing your edit. The problem is that this has gotten way too much publicity, even on the Twin Peaks forums. I appreciate all of the hard work CBS and David Lynch did to make this set possible. Hopefully your V2 will pop up somewhere. The "Deleted Scenes" were always my holy grail, and now that I have them, I guess the Q2 Fanedit will become my holy grail until I get to see it! Thank you for your efforts Q2. Hopefully people will continue to purchase the Twin Peaks boxset (which is awesome) and still find a way to get their hands on the Q2 Fanedit. Everyone wins.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's the way it goes sometimes.
Update us, please, if V2 appears in a few years.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i fully understand, but i got stuck ay 89 percent done.
hopefully 1 day it will see the light even if just for limited time.

rewak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well that's a shame. Who knows, maybe someone who managed to get it will put it somewhere else and the natural order of the internet will take over (if it was online it's never gone and all that). Screw CBS though, there's tons of sites with active links to rips of everything on the BluRay release, if they're going to spend time targeting a fanedit over those they have warped priorities.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
rewak said:
Well that's a shame. Who knows, maybe someone who managed to get it will put it somewhere else and the natural order of the internet will take over (if it was online it's never gone and all that). Screw CBS though, there's tons of sites with active links to rips of everything on the BluRay release, if they're going to spend time targeting a fanedit over those they have warped priorities.

Copyright holders usually go for whatever is highly publicized, and someone posted an article about this edit on the one big twin peaks news fan site. Don't blame CBS for protecting their own material, blame whoever decided the fan edit needed any more publicity. The more people who know about it, the more likely the copyright holders know about it too.

rewak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I get that part of it, i just think there are much larger threats to their property going untouched and if they really did give that much of a damn they would maybe distribute their efforts a little better. The first edit was promoted on a TP fansite pretty unwisely but not the second, which means they've watched this thread specifically, they've chosen to snip this fanedit specifically instead of watching sites sharing rips of the series, movie, and deleted scenes more closely. So i'm just saying hello CBS! Go target things that aren't fan efforts born from pure enjoyment and love that operates solely on the basis of support of your property.

v2david

Reaction score
Trophy Points
rewak said:
I get that part of it, i just think there are much larger threats to their property going untouched and if they really did give that much of a damn they would maybe distribute their efforts a little better. The first edit was promoted on a TP fansite pretty unwisely but not the second, which means they've watched this thread specifically. So i'm just saying hello CBS! Go target things that aren't fan efforts born from pure enjoyment and love that operates solely on the basis of support of your property.

The irony of the whole thing is I believe was there was an official Twin Peaks promotional event which I believe they actually showed Q2's series edit in a theater...

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
but I dont think that event was stil Officially authorized by CBS or whoever holds the legal rights.
Same with FWWM- there was alot of issues with licenses and legal issues to even get it put out.
Q2 did a great job and was very generous in sharing it, but sometimes the Lawyers come out.

asterisk73

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a shame but fully understood. I'm gonna hold on to my V.1 even more tightly as a result.

v2david

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm an idiot. I didn't get V1 figuring I would get the improved V2... I never anticipated this would go underground. Hopefully it surfaces somewhere.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ ^
Eh, you' re not alone.
Once I saw there was a V2, I held off.
Even registered at the spleen joint, wasting an hour or two wandering their disorderly terrain.
Noticed Colton there! So, it wasn't a complete loss.
I figure Q2 will flash an alert if it surfaces, such as µ.

mysteryman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
After discussing it with a couple people I trust, I have decided that this edit will remain offline indefinitely. The reason for this is because CBS has sent takedown notices to .info, MEGA, and MySpleen, and I don't want to be responsible for these sites, any other site, or myself from being harassed by CBS's laywers. Obviously CBS is very protective of FWWM at this juncture (I read about how much work they had to go through securing the rights, so I don't blame them) and are passionate about stopping this edit from getting out there.

I love Twin Peaks, and I still don't think this edit would stop anyone from buying the boxset, but CBS feels differently. While I would much rather have had them be like, "Hey... you know we put a lot of work into getting FWWM out to you guys, could you help us out by removing this?" I can't help but take their threats seriously. I will honor their wishes.

So thank you for the support on this project. I'm sorry I can't share it with you, but that's the way it goes.

beijing-curtain_1845225i.jpg

That is a shame with regards to the turn of events but I understand your position completely, Q2. I am just glad I got to download V1 of this fanedit which is already near perfect in my eyes, although from what I gather I believe V2 would possibly have been an improvement on that. I hope you will find a way to share your V2 version someday once everything has calmed down...

Top Bottom