• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Twin Peaks: Between Two Worlds

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
mN1S85cl.jpg
Cover Art by TheRyaney​

[align=center]

Unless there are any last minute problems beta viewers spot, Twin Peaks: Between Two Worlds is locked and being prepped for release the first week of February. The old In-the-Works thread has been archived.​

Twin Peaks: Between Two Worlds is broken down into 5 movie length parts:

Part I combines and trims episodes 1 - 3 and runs approx. 2 hrs 37 min.
Part II combines and trims episodes 4 - 7 and runs approx. 2 hrs 23 min.
Part III combines and trims episodes 8 - 12 and runs approx. 2 hrs 20 min.
Part IV combines and trims episodes 13 - 16 and runs approx. 2 hrs 19 min.
Part V combines and trims episodes 1, 8, 17 & 18 and runs approx. 1 hr 57 min.

At this time no Blu-Ray version is planned, and I will only be releasing 1080p MKV files. The reason for this is pretty simple: 5 Blu-Ray = 125GB of data I need to upload. That's a lot of bandwidth and time for something that will ultimately get taken down. (This has been my experience with my previous Twin Peaks edits.) If you would like a Blu-Ray version feel free to let me know and based on the interest I will consider it.

I'm sure some people will think I could/should have cut more, but I decided to try and preserve the pacing of Twin Peaks: The Return because that's how Lynch wanted it. I have the utmost respect for him as an artist and filmmaker and didn't want to make this into a more fast paced, rapid cut version. I trimmed excessively long shots/scenes and cut out subplots that didn't directly impact the storyline of Dale Cooper or those that would be impacted by him. A good example would be I completely cut the Dr. Jacoby/Nadine and Audrey/Charlie scenes but did leave in a good chunk Bobby/Shelly/Becky scenes because Bobby is directly involved in the Cooper storyline.

If you are interested in this edit please PM me and as soon as it's ready I'll let you know.

I hope you enjoy Twin Peaks: Between Two Worlds.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here are the updated covers: :)
artboard-copy-981.png

artboard-copy-1271.png

artboard-copy-1261.png

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
do you still have plans for BD25?

Re-read my initial post.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok I just thought mkv would’ve been bigger than 6gb, but that’s ok

ShiftyEyes

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds cool, been wondering what a trimmed down version of this would be like.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Links are now available. Please PM me if interested.

cafevincent

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The full episodes run a total of 1032 minutes. Yours run 696 min total. That's 336 minutes (or nearly 1/3) cut. And people still want it shorter?

cafevincent

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please elaborate on the edits in part 5: What did you use from eps 1 and 8?

regularjoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would really like to see a cutlist for this.
I did my own take on this  and one thing I am curious about is how you handled the BadCoop frying in the lodge.  Did you keep it where it is or did you move it?  I had a bugger of a time with that scene and honestly thought that more FE's of this would pop up and am interested in how others may have tackled it (I am of the opinion that moving it slightly helps).  
I'd love to compare notes on editing this with someone but I also don't want to clog up a thread about your project.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't take notes as I edit as it breaks my flow. That's why I rarely post cut lists as I don't remember everything cut, especially when I've cut 5 hours of material from a project.

As for the Mr. C scene you're talking about, I put it in shortly after Freddy does his thing.

leafstk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've just watched the first two parts. Very impressive! it flows really well and I really like how you have arranged things sequentially so far. Cheers!

leafstk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd be very interested in blu ray disc editions of this if that's still possible

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"leafstk" , please read the rules. Please PM editors if you are requesting edits.

For more information see this or PM a staff. Thanks

leafstk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was merely responding to the OP? I already have all 5 parts of this, I wasn't requesting a link

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Your post can easily be read as a request. Asking an editor if they plan to make Blu Ray editions is different than saying you'd be interested in Blu Ray editions of an edit if still possible. Either way, it's a needed general reminder. Thanks.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did I make a BD25 version? Yes. Am I making it available? Probably not. There hasn't been enough interest in the project for me to justify taking the time or bandwidth to upload 125GB.

George Jetson

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I support your decision to make only the mkv version available. For fanedits, I rarely play physical media. The commercial Blu-ray set I bought still sits unopened on my shelf. I'm very interested to see your take on this series and tying together the Cooper thematic threads.

Top Bottom