• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Twin Peaks (2017) With SPOILERS

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the Palmer house has been in the possession of the lodge entities since they came to the world Twin Peaks takes place in. "It's in our house now" could mean they've trapped Judy inside.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TammyPreston said:
on the dugpa forum they started discussing a Recut.

"Nevis also said he doesn't think Lynch will do a recut of the current season, and that it will likely remain tied to Showtime. "If he wants to, I'll support him, I'll pay for it, I would love it, but I can't imagine he would do that," Nevis explained."

It would be a daunting task to re-edit TP:TR simply because there are so many fragmented story lines that do have impact on the larger ones. And I doubt very much Lynch would re-cut the series considering he got final cut on this. How TP:TR is cut how he wanted it.

I am curious to see what, if any, deleted scenes might exist. He typically doesn't release deleted scenes, but because of the large TP fan base, he did do it with FWWM. If deleted scenes do exist I hope they are released on the Blu-Ray. That might help in making a smoother fanedit.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think this season could be edited into several fanedits focusing on different archs. Like another series.

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
brilliant!

the old man is definitely not going soft in his old days :p

IczmO6M.gif

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
when Cooper tells Laura' i'm taking you home or we're going home"
i think this could also mean throughout all his battles he finally has found a
 way for them to be at peace and to finally "go home" not so much that he saves her from dying
and they go on living their lives.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure how long this will stay up, but someone (not me) posted a synched Ep 17 & 18.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone tried this with each episode pairing, 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6 and so on? I have a suspicion that Lynch did make 9 episodes, but have it to us in parts. If 17 and 18 line up and make a complete experience, why not try the others? It might help answer the timeline questions, or it might obscure more things.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
got episode 1 & 2 synced.
got episode 5 & 6 uploading to youtube right now.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to Sabrina Sutherland during an AMA Reddit Q&A, the syncing of Ep. 17 & 18 are not supposed to be synched. Her exact quote: "This is definitely not the way to watch these parts."

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It doesn't play like they're supposed to be watched simultaneously all along, but the last third works beautifully that way in any case. The dreamlike FWWM recap from 17 over sleepy Carrie from 18, and of course the ending. Coincidence? Only Lynch knows.

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
David Lynch announced via his Twitter that Twin Peaks: The Return (or Twin Peaks The Third Season as it will be titled on its packaging) will be available on December 5.

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Maybe we'll get a "Return to Northwest Passage"? I'm looking at you, @"Q2" ;)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
kidjupiter92 said:
Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Maybe we'll get a "Return to Northwest Passage"? I'm looking at you, @"Q2" ;)

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to tackle a Season 3 fanedit yet. Northwest Passage took me almost a year to complete and that had a much more focused story than The Return. An idea I was toying with, and it seems @pranafilms had the same idea based on his comment in the Fanedit Ideads forum, is to make two feature films out of The Return to sort of complete Lynch's original plan of having FWWM a trilogy. I don't know how that would work though with The Return. Cutting the 18-hours down to two 2-2.5 hr films would be tough.

I guess it all depends on what sort of deleted scenes are included and after I do another watch through of the series.

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A year?! Wow. I had no clue, then again I just started following your work after my renewed interest in Twin Peaks. I can see why you would be hesitant on doing a sequel.

The Return does have a more complex storyline than the original series and it could be daunting to cut down to a single film, but the two part feature follow up to FWWM does sound like a better way to do it. 

I had started to play with the idea of doing two films myself, but I have so many edits planned out, and I plan on doing a fan edit of CW's Riverdale in a style similar to "Northwest Passage" and rescoring it with Badalamenti's music from TP (I have vinyl rips of the show and FWWM's soundtracks I've been preparing for the past week).

Maybe when December comes around I might think about taking a crack at it. With the people beside yourself who have taken a crack at FWWM it wouldn't hurt to see different editors work on Return's material as well.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just got back from vacations and I watched episode 17 and 18 saturday. I watched a couple of youtube video reactions to the episodes but I didn't read anything from this thread about them. So here are my thoughts.

Basicaly it felt like episode 17 was the ending of season 3 that the fans wanted and episode 18 could be the beginning of a fourth season or a way for Lynch to tell the audience that nothing ever ends (like season 2 by the way).
Lynch and Frost gave us a lot of what the audience wanted to see in 17 (minus a lot of things too...) and gave us more weird things in the last episode.
Those episodes are amazing Twin Peaks episodes BUT I can see why some fans are frustrated because no one loves cliffhangers everywhere on the last episode of a season that could be the last season ever...
But like I said the end of season 2 was even more "WTF?" to me.

But if we take the point of view that there will not be a fourth season then we have to see what we got as the definitive "wrap up" of Twin Peaks. Some things looks complete, some don't and some are just left for us to think about and it would not matter if there's a fourth season or not.

The main example would be Audrey Horne's story. When we start to see her in season 3 the audience obviously wants to believe that she's linked to the main story, somehow. Maybe she's "the dreamer"? Maybe Coop will save her from a mental prison? But nope. To me her story is her "return" (to consciousness?) as much as the whole season is about the return of Cooper and, in the very last shot, the return of Laura Palmer (her scream). Lynch is showing a main story AND various stories about people that may or may not wrap up by the end of the season. We knew it would be like that with Lynch, and it is.
Now the fun beginnins... Is Audrey waking up in the same reality as Cooper/Richard and Laura/Carrie? Some fans are saying that they are now in our world. The real world. Will Cooper now have to meet David Lynch in person (who would no be Gordon Cole anymore) to ask him to "dream" a happy ending? Lol, Lynch being the dreamer after all.

We can see the last episode as a way to tell that the battle of Cooper against evil will never ends, I guess, but until a fourth season is annouced I can live with that cool episode 17 concluding the main story and that episode 18 showing that there could be other Twin Peaks along the road, even without Lynch on command by the way, because Dale and Laura could be seen as not on "David Lynch's Twin Peaks" anymore in the end.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen the comment that Cooper and Laura are transported to our world, but that doesn't work for me. I thought I mentioned it here but maybe not: if that were the case then the RR Diner wouldn't be called that when they drive past, it would be Twedes Cafe, the real name of the diner. So I think it's more likely that either a.) they traveled to another dimension/world, or b.) they are in Laura's dream/nightmare. She never knew the RR when it had a "To Go" sign. And if it was a nightmare there is a good chance she dreamed someone else lived in her house.

I would love a season 4, but if it ends this way then I'm happy. We do have closure, and I agree this is less of a cliffhanger than season 2. The one thing that gives me hope we might see another season is the fact the boxset advertises it as Season 3, the first time its ever been officially called that. Up until this boxset it's been only known as The Return. But it's also possible this is just to clarify for people walking down the isles who may not know much about it.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally got round to watching the whole thing and then had a skim through this thread since the last time I checked in. The theorising is more confusing than the show :D .

Q2 said:
This is going to be a fun show to rewatch and really dissect.

Yes and no.

The painfully long scenes and shots where nothing is happening, the camera isn't moving, nobody is doing anything and nobody is saying anything were too much and too often. Thankfully when that wasn't happening the show was an absolute delight. I'd love to re-watch the show again via a fanedit that simply edited out these interminable pauses and retained everything else. Re-watching the whole 18-hours again? Hmm, I'm not sure I've got the willpower.

You could probably edit this down from 18-hours to something like 12-hours just by removing the pauses. It really felt like as much as a third of the show was nothing happening. The conveyor belt of blandly stylish indie bands over the end credits also became wearisome as the episodes rolled by. Scenes could certainly be heavily re-ordered for greater clarity but I'm not that fussed. More soundtrack music could be added to make it feel like oldskool TP (which maybe had too much music) but I think that would probably spoil a lot of Lynch's great sound design in S3. You could do lots of things with this material and I'm sure many will but really I'd just like to see the same basic material edited to be "Faster. More intense" ;) .

Thanks Messrs Lynch and Frost for some truly unforgettable moments of hilarity, creepiness and horror.

Top Bottom