• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Twin Peaks (2017) With SPOILERS

Q2 said:
addiesin said:
Separately, pretty sure I was close with the Roadhouse theory I had. But, now I'm leaning toward some scenes being real and some fake. The indicator is the MC. When he's present, it's not the real Roadhouse. Maybe.

You've been reading the Dugpa forums too, I see. ;)

I haven't, actually, but I have been listening to multiple podcasts and the hosts must get around. Damn Fine Podcast tipped me off about the MC. That seemed to be the missing piece (TM).

Most of my extracurricular reading has been on reddit and welcometotwinpeaks. I'll check the dugpa forums, if theories like that are being discussed, i'm in.

I've avoided reddit simply because I hate their formatting and find it confusing. Dugpa has had a forum for years, much longer than Welcome to Twin Peaks, and their forum is very active. Usually within 30 min. of an episode finishing they already have 15 pages of posts.

the-sleeper-has-awakened-dune.png

Damn, I'm going on vacation for two weeks without good internet connection.

I think I have an idea that combines some theories. I have now read through some of the stuff at dugpa and some of the ideas ate really good but they're all unconnected.

Possible SPOILERS if I and the other theories I've collected are correct. Unlikely, but just in case...

Collected theories that might all be correct:
Judy is just Garland Briggs, not a female character. Mr. C wouldn't know that and already met him. As such, Just doesn't tie in to the bigger idea.

The Laura orb was what made Dougie Coop so lucky, and her role is over, so she doesn't tie in either. Unless she comes back to the Red Room to help dispose of Mr C in the finale.

Richard and Linda are Bob's children through Mr C, and both a product of rape. Richard's mother is Audrey Horne, and Linda's mother is Diane Evans. Rearrange the letters of Linda and you can get Dian-L. The L may stand for Lodge. A tulpa was created along with the children at the time of the attack on Diane (and possibly also Audrey). 

Naido is the real Diane. She was sent to the Red Room, mutilated and trapped/hidden in the non existence zone by either The Arm or its doppleganger. Naido reversed is O-dian, phonetically "Oh, Diane" which was how she was originally addressed by Cooper when she was unseen and unheard. Now she can't see or speak, but it's maybe magically reversible. Audrey may be trapped/hidden in a similar way but a different "zone".

My attempt at connections:
Being the real Diane, Naido knows the location of Linda, and will be hunted by Mr C. He needs to kill two of his progeny on the stone to allow a portal to open to the White Lodge, so he can escape the control of the Black Lodge once and for all. When he arrives at the sheriff station, he will be able to get through the bars easily, but Freddie and his glove are a match in strength to Mr. C's arm wrestling abilities. Cooper will arrive with the ring in time to get the ring onto his doppleganger while Freddie holds him down. Mr C won't be alone. He'll assemble his crew, whoever's left from above the convenience store and Sarah Palmer.

Before the final encounter there will likely be a comedy of errors in timing. People showing up places and just barely missing one another, until everyone is at the sheriff station. After Mr C is dealt with, Cooper will enter the Red Room once more to trade Mr C for a shiny new Dougie tulpa. However the show will end with the two of them looking identical and wearing identical clothes and leaving at the same time, and we won't know which went with the FBI and which went with the family.

If it is better than that, I'll be very happy. I think no matter what, there will be a lot left unresolved and we'll only get closure on some of the supernatural elements. The daily life drama plots will not be resolved.

Those are some very interesting theories, and they do make sense. Only three days to go!

I'm on vacation and haven't seen episode 16 yet. I wish I had gone abroad when episode 8 aired instead. :/

My (probably crazy) Diane theory is that
real Diane has somehow split in two halves, them being Naido and American Girl. If she's just Naido, it's puzzling why she doesn't look like Laura Dern. And have you noticed that American Girl has the same hairstyle than (tulpa) Diane?

Dwight Fry said:
My (probably crazy) Diane theory is that
real Diane has somehow split in two halves, them being Naido and American Girl. If she's just Naido, it's puzzling why she doesn't look like Laura Dern. And have you noticed that American Girl has the same hairstyle than (tulpa) Diane?

Wouldn't it be kinda strange to have half of Diane be played by someone we already know? I buy the Naido theory because she's almost faceless with her eyes like that.

Finally had time to watch episode 16:

My thoughts:

* Cooper knows all he needs to know about Tulpas, doppelgangers and the rules of the lodges - 25 years of time to pass, best study how to escape
* It took Evil Cooper a few years to turn up at Diane's apartment after season 2 ended - maybe that's when Cooper made Dougie as a long time plan to get out?
* Dougie had the green ring when he made the trip into the waiting room - was that orchestrated somehow by the same "Phillip Jeffries" who put a contract out on Evil Coop?
* Did Evil Cooper believe Phillip Jeffries was on his side 'cause he was at one of their meetings above the convenience store before Laura Palmer was even dead? Maybe there's only one Phillip Jeffries?
* If Audry had been in a coma for all these years, why was she sitting or standing up and holding a mirror? More likely IMHO, that she's been institutionalized from being insane and finally having a moment of clarity?
* The thing Evil Cooper wants, that Hawk says Truman doesn't want to know about, could that be the thing that crawled inside the girl in the 50's?

* How did Dougie's wedding ring end up inside Major Briggs?

ok just saw the finale
part 1- great- awesome segments from season 1- tribute to Jack Nance
part 2-  someone please explain to me what happened, looks like anotther cliffhanger

So a whole hell of a lot to dissect in these final two episodes. After thinking on it for some 12 hours, I think I have some ideas of what is going on. In some ways it's sort of like Quantum Leap. Here's my brief and simplified take on what happened, though a complete rewatch of season 3 will definitely help in piecing together all the little nuances one misses.

Simply, Cooper is trying to find and stop the pure evil entity known as Judy. In that mission he also wants to save Laura Palmer who, based on episode 8, is the opposite of Judy. He manages to do that based on the footage of Laura's body wrapped in plastic disappearing, and when Pete goes out to fish her body is no where to be found. That's in the Twin Peaks world we've known for 25+ years.

But in so doing this, Cooper also changes the present and/or future. A couple of quotes really sum it up: "Is it future, or is it past?" and "The past dictates the future." We see Cooper leading Laura through the woods twice and in both instances she disappears. He then travels with Diane to Texas and finds her working as a waitress in a diner called Judy's using the name Claire Paige and she doesn't know who Leland or Sarah is. But in this travel, several things happen: he and Diane stop at a motel, have sex, and when he wakes up Diane is gone and leaves a message to him (addressed to Richard) and she signs her name as Linda. There are a lot references to Linda throughout the Return, so I suspect on another viewing some hints of the significance of Linda will come to light. When Cooper leaves the hotel is is a different hotel than the one they arrived, he has a different car, and the motel is in a different town. When he goes to the diner to find Laura Palmer, Cooper's mannerisms are different too.

Then of course we get to the final scene where they go back to Laura Palmer's house to visit Sarah but there is no Sarah, and the people living there have no memory of a Sarah or Leland Palmer. We're not in Kansas anymore. I think Cooper's last question is the wrong one. He asks, "What year is this?" It's not a question of time but dimension. He may have saved Laura Palmer in one dimension, but her life is completely different in another: Claire Page.

Another hint of what's going on during the scene where Cooper and Diane are by the giant power lines: "You don't know what it's gonna be like--" "I know." They know they're crossing over to someplace else and that it could be different.

So what I think is going on is Cooper is traveling between dimensions trying to find the entity known as Judy. And that's how the series ends, sort of like Quantum Leap. Cooper is like Sam Beckett in that he's going to continue to jump between worlds (or time, in the case of Quantum Leap), trying to right what once went wrong.

so the in this  theory. the red room would sort of a portal to each dimension.
In that portal is where all evil is sent to ultimately be destroyed, but sometimes that evil gets out
in the form of Mr. C and Bob,   So tulpas possibly have to be created to help Cooper in his quest to fight evil.
just a thought.

Just finished watching the final two. I'm completely satisfied. The occupant of the Palmer residence has the same surname of someone significant, right?

emphatic said:
Just finished watching the final two. I'm completely satisfied. The occupant of the Palmer residence has the same surname of someone significant, right?

Yes. Chalfont is the same name of the grandmother and grandson who lived in the trailer park in FWWM, the trailer that had the ring under it. And Tremond is the old woman Donna visits in the series, the one who is neighbors with Harold Smith.

My head is still spinning after the finale. If anything, this whole thing gives me a fanmix idea:

Centered around FWWM and adding some elements of the original series and The Return, but disregarding the whole murder mystery thing and making it all about Laura and how she projects her own dream/fantasy "reality" (Cooper being a creation of that) just to try to cope with what daddy's doing to her. The anti-Northwest Passage, if you wish.

Great article, but I'm still convinced that a piece is missing and it's that
the Cooper that gets out of the Red Room and goes to Odessa is not the real Cooper, but another doppelganger (not a tulpa; the Lodges aren't that easy to fool - Dougie #2 IS with Janey-E). His behavior is much more similar to that of Mr. C than good ol' Dale, he's got that mean look and is just as dry and distant. He doesn't seem to be pure evil, but that's likely because he doesn't have BOB inside this time around. Meanwhile the good Coop is enjoying another non-voluntary Red Room vacation.

It's possible, but I lean towards it being the real Coop simply because if it was another evil doppelganger (and so far we've only been shown a single doppelganger, so I don't know if more can exist) I don't think those three cowboys would have survived.

One question, possibly with big implications.

Who is Judy?

There is the obvious answer. Judy is Mother/The Experiment, and resides in Sarah Palmer in the original timeline/dimension. Sarah stabbing the photo of Laura showed Cooper had beat her here.

Or.

What if Judy is the Fireman? Setting up Laura and Cooper on a chain of events to be tortured for infinity? In this case, The Fireman/Judy is the devil, and the rag tag group taking down Mr C and Bobs soul were doing the devil's work, ie taking down rogue demons. His name was always ?????? right? Because he's Judy?

I have no idea.

I could see a season four of Cooper traveling through dimensions with Laura, running from demons. But it'd be pretty similar to Ash vs Evil Dead.

on the dugpa forum they started discussing a Recut.

"Nevis also said he doesn't think Lynch will do a recut of the current season, and that it will likely remain tied to Showtime. "If he wants to, I'll support him, I'll pay for it, I would love it, but I can't imagine he would do that," Nevis explained."

Back
Top Bottom