• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TVF's Matrix Cutlist Project

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:wat:

Hmm...I think this is a compliment, but I'm not sure of the analogy. Am I unearthing lost treasures? Fighting off the boredom-inducing snakes that are the Matrix and Star Wars se/pre-quels?

Just curious. Regardless, I like the title. I always wanted to call myself a doctor.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Should probably mention that my commitment to this idea is wavering a bit. I haven't felt an itch to keep going and it will be soooooo much work. I'm not saying I'm abandoning this completely but it's unlikely I'll continue on it any time soon. And honestly, I'm not even sure how necessary it is - there are only four Matrix edits on FE.org at the moment.

If someone wanted to take this over, they'd have my full blessing. But I don't think anyone here is as insane as I am...

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, I let this sit for nearly a year. Anyway, I've been itching to get back at this, so I'll be working on it a little bit here and there when I have the chance. I just wasted some of my life working on the love scene/rave:
INT. ZION - TEMPLE RIDGE - NIGHT

Neo stands near someone taking food from a tray held by a PRIESTESS. He looks up, and we see a close up of him looking out. TRINITY is coming up the stairs. He looks at the two people standing by him.

NEO: Excuse me.

He starts to move off. She sees him as she walks. He steps up to her and they kiss. Cut to closer view of same shot. The kiss ends.

NEO: I missed you.
TRINITY: I can tell.
NEO: I was thinking...everyone is here.
TRINITY: Follow me.

She turns to go.

INT. ZION - TEMPLE - NIGHT

The camera pans down from the ceiling of the cavern temple, and zooms in and over the gathered mass of humanity. Cut to a close up of a man hitting a gong. The camera begins to circle around a shot of everyone dancing. Pan along a row of feet in motion. The camera slowly rotates around LINK and ZEE dancing close. Switch angles as ZEE faces LINK and the camera rotates more. ZEE runs her hand down LINK's chest and he puts his hand to her face. Switch to wide view as the camera pans left, showing many of the dancers starting to jump up in slow motion.

INT. ZION - TRINITY'S ROOM - NIGHT

Slow zoom in on NEO and TRINITY, naked on her bed.

INT. ZION - TEMPLE -NIGHT

Another pan to the left, with a few people twirling grey cloth in the air and a man jumping up just in front of camera.

Pan up to a close up of the lovers kissing. They kiss for a bit until NEO pulls away slightly.

Quick camera pan to the right, looking at the dancing.

Extreme close up again as NEO kisses her, then backs off again.

Pan to left in a close up, showing only arms, legs, and torsos.

In close-up, TRINITY's head briefly blocks the camera, then the camera moves and we see them look into each other's eyes. They embrace.

Another close up left pan shot of people in motion.

Extreme close up of TRINITY's head in NEO's arm. She goes to kiss his neck.

A man whips his hair around, sweat flying.

Close up of TRINITY gasping.

A couple dances, his hands on her hips. Cut to another left pan shot of feet in motion, this time covered in mud. Switch to left pan shot of their bodies.

Close up of TRINITY gasping.

Shot of TRINITY in motion and she opens her eyes and her mouth. Cut to view of NEO looking confused. Switch to TRINITY looking at him as he starts to lower his head. Switch back to him as he raises his head and opens his eyes again. Another view of her looking at him, then him looking at her.

EXT. FRONT OF REROUTING FACILITY - NIGHT

TRINITY is falling away from camera once more, the camera pulling away from her.

Cut back to NEO again, and he goes to lie next to her. She turns to him.

TRINITY: Neo? What is it? What's wrong?

Switch to view of her.

TRINITY: It's okay, you can tell me.
NEO: Trinity...

He looks at her.

TRINITY: Don't be afraid.
NEO: I can't lose you.
TRINITY: You're not gonna lose me.

She takes her hand from his face and reaches down. Their hands come into frame.

TRINITY: You feel this? I'm never letting go.

Switch to view of NEO and they embrace. Switch to TRINITY, eyes closed, as the scene dissolves into a longer shot of them embracing. A second dissolve to a farther shot, and then a third long shot. The camera view goes white.
I'm no prude, but it's tough to describe this stuff in a way that doesn't make me feel like I'm writing a romance novel. :oops:

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I'm no prude, but it's tough to describe this stuff in a way that doesn't make me feel like I'm writing a romance novel. :oops:
You know what's worse than reading it?

Actually watching it. :p

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JasonN said:

Try watching it several times and taking notes!

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
JasonN said:

Try watching it several times and taking notes!
Try watching both Reloaded and Revolutions a couple dozen times just to figure out how the hell to actually re-edit them into a different narrative and ending... :?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, no thanks. That's a job only fit for you faneditors. :razz:

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@JasonN - too true! TV's Frink - only the toughest faneditors.
My pace on Matrix 2.0 has really slowed up, partly because it's just driving me nuts, and partly because I started playing Mass Effect 2 (that game is GOOOD!)

It does remind me of an old joke though:
A pirate walked into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his trousers.
The barman said "I say, did you know you have a steering wheel sticking out of your trousers?"
"Yes," said the pirate, "it's driving me nuts."
wooohoooohahahahaaaaaaaaaaa..... :???:

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangarratt said:
A pirate walked into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his trousers.
The barman said "I say, did you know you have a steering wheel sticking out of your trousers?"
"Yes," said the pirate, "it's driving me nuts."
wooohoooohahahahaaaaaaaaaaa..... :???:
*speechless*

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, even a simple little fight like the Seraph/Neo tea room fight is a pain in my ass. :x

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:-(

I like that scene. It was just irritating to transcribe.

Top Bottom