• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

TVF is finally starting the Matrix Cutlist Project

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I've got plenty of work ahead of me on my SW Prequel Cutlists, but I'm thinking of doing the same on the Matrix edits. There aren't that many of them but after SW the Matrix series is my biggest interest here.

I probably wouldn't start this for quite a while but just curious - would anyone else find this useful?

I think you are doing great work on these SW scripts already and I am sure that people will enjoy these for Matrix as well. Maybe not many soon, but over the time the movie geeks will exactly find what they are looking for with that.

Yikes.

I just finished watching Doctor M's Hacked versions of Reloaded and Revolutions. Revolutions Hacked is a completely different movie from the theatrical version, and although I'm not entirely sure Hacked all hangs together, you could say the same about the theatrical version. There were a few harsh transitions, but audio and video quality is generally excellent, and the story for the most part flows very well. An impressive edit, and I'm not sure next time if I will watch Hacked or Dezionized.

So why am I posting a mini review here? The two movies run for 3.5 hours combined, and for most of that time, I was thinking "yikes." Yikes, as in, how in the hell am I going to do cutlists for the Matrix movies? There is so much action that I don't know if I can keep track of it all.

Also, unlike the Star Wars Prequels, I've been unable to find a script that is even close to the movie. I have to rewrite most of the SW scripts anyways, but at least they follow the movie to some degree. The Reloaded scripts I've found have been nothing like the movie. I'd have to build the whole thing from scratch.

Yikes. I'd love to do this, but I don't know if I can bear the effort. Think I'll keep working on SW cutlists for now...

blick57 said:
Yikes.

I just finished watching Doctor M's Hacked versions of Reloaded and Revolutions. Revolutions Hacked is a completely different movie from the theatrical version, and although I'm not entirely sure Hacked all hangs together, you could say the same about the theatrical version. There were a few harsh transitions, but audio and video quality is generally excellent, and the story for the most part flows very well. An impressive edit, and I'm not sure next time if I will watch Hacked or Dezionized.

So why am I posting a mini review here? The two movies run for 3.5 hours combined, and for most of that time, I was thinking "yikes." Yikes, as in, how in the hell am I going to do cutlists for the Matrix movies? There is so much action that I don't know if I can keep track of it all
Blick, have you had a chance to watch my Evolutions cut? It's kinda similar to Doctor M's Hacked cuts in that it changes the storyline of the Matrix sequels, except my edit's plot is fairly different to either the Hacked series or CBB's Dezionized cut (the ending is definitely much bleaker, I think).

I have downloaded but not watched. First I have to figure out how to burn a dual layer disc :) I am very interested to see it, and I kept bugging you for a DVD version so I certainly need to watch it. However, I loved all of the action in Reloaded and really liked that Hacked kept it all intact, so for me personally Evolutions is less likely to get repeat viewings. But I will definitely watch with an open mind.

I wish someone would combine Matrix and Johnny Mnemonic into a single cohesive story.

Ain't happening in this thread :)

I think I may finally start working on this. But it might be a bit simplified, at least for the first go-round. More details soon...

Back
Top Bottom