• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

True Detective - Season 2

I still have no clue who the black dude was the cop met with. The big problem with this season is how convoluted it is.

Here is a comprehensive breakdown of what is happening for anyone who is confused or baffled by what's happening.

Slate.com

Well, season 2 is over and I'm not entirely sure how much I liked it. At the moment I'd rate it a 7/10 overall (Season 1 was a 9/10 for me). A lot of confusing plot-lines to follow, but it does get cleared up by the end. Let's hope Nic P keeps things simple for Season 3.

I wanted to like this, as near-nihilist Los Angeles modern film noir is a great genre (contemporary James Ellroy, if you will), but this was just too sprawling and stilted. Too many unknown names mentioned in a way that made it seem like we should care about them. The Stan episode is a case in point. So much talk of a dead character we literally met (alive) once.

Watching the first episode, I thought this would be a show where I cared about the plot and not the people. The opposite surprisingly turned out to be true, I started to relate to Ray after a few episodes and Bezzerides was a great character. I even started to like Frank. But after seven episodes I still didn't know who was who of Burris, Dixon, Geldof, and Holloway, and that's a big problem in a plot-driven TV show.

Too bad, because I think this had great potential.

emphatic said:
Wait, did my posts get removed?

I see in the other thread you already found out, but for others who are curious, there was a database problem and many posts from the past few days were lost. This was not intentionally done by the FE team.

Back
Top Bottom