• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Tried And Tested Export Settings For Adobe Premiere Pro (Media Encoder)

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've finished editing my lossless avi and want to make a DVD. Can someone please help me with exporting my edit to .m2v and .ac3 for using with DVD Lab?

What I'm stuck on are all the quality settings and which ones to choose. Specifically, the frame rate setting and do I choose drop frame or non-drop frame?

The field order, and do I choose none (progressive), upper or lower?

Bitrate encoding, and do I wanna go with CBR or VBR (1 or 2 pass) encoding? And if it's VBR, are there some ideal min and max bitrates to set?

Audio-wise, I dont seem to have an option to export to .ac3. Can I convert a .wav to .ac3 and use that instead?

:)

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Premiere Pro has some default settings for dvd eporting. Have you tried them? Also, what frame rate is your footage? That should really determine what framerate you will export as. I usually bump up the quality setting from 4 to 5, and the max bitrate from 7 to 8, and that produces a pretty nice looking dvd image.

For audio, I would choose the lossless PCM option if it's available.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the reply. 29.97 fps. I have tried the default settings and I didn't think the result was all that good. Maybe I'm being too fussy. Still curious about the other settings.

geffyB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When DVD authoring, make sure you have Maximum Render Quality checked (huge quality difference). Always use Variable Bitrate encoding aswell. As for bitrate, go as high as 9.7 as MAX for the video but any more than that is pushing it, or as close to that as you can get and still fit the movie on the disk.

Can't help you when it come to 5.1 encoding, I just sucked it up and bought Dolby, the work around all were to inconvenient. Though I know you can export the separate tracks out of Audition if you have it.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best way to render out from Premiere Pro is to render out back to a lossless format, and convert to DVD using another converter. Premiere Pro doesn't handle on-the-fly conversion very well. It takes much longer than necessary.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Best way to render out from Premiere Pro is to render out back to a lossless format, and convert to DVD using another converter. Premiere Pro doesn't handle on-the-fly conversion very well. It takes much longer than necessary.

I use Adobe Media Encoder, forgot to mention that

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you have premiere pro then you should have Adobe Encore which is just for making DVDs.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello two year bump.

Top Bottom