• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Transformers: Reformatted by Kevinicus

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll probably make up a better quality AVCHD tonight and start uploading it tomorrow. It probably won't have menus on it since I use Nero and it's stupid and won't let me convert menus from one project (blu-ray or DVD) to another and forces me to remake them all over again. I did that once already when I made the DVD version and don't plan on doing it again. So, HD version will be movie only unless someone really wants me to upload the 24 GB blu-ray.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wouldn't bother with a BD release. Very few people will be able to burn a BD-25 anyway - a significant number of people still don't have DVD-9 burners. I shall look forward to the AVCHD. (I personally am not interested in menus, but others might expect them. Your call! :) )

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well crap. I had Nero start to make the AVCHD last night and let it run. I turn it on this morning and it still has 22 hours to go. Not sure what's taking so long but I canceled it and am processing it another way. I probably won't get it uploading until late tonight and tomorrow since I would like to do at least a little editing on ROTF (which is becoming a pain in the ass!).

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AVCHD is currently being uploaded. It might be ready sometime tomorrow.

Honestly, I'm still not too impressed by AVCHD even if it is bigger than BD-5. It's really not close to blu-ray quality IMO. Better than the DVD yes, but not amazing by any means. And there is a very simple and cheap menu as I guess I forgot to click the no menu button when I created it.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChldsPlay said:
AVCHD is currently being uploaded. It might be ready sometime tomorrow.

Honestly, I'm still not too impressed by AVCHD even if it is bigger than BD-5. It's really not close to blu-ray quality IMO. Better than the DVD yes, but not amazing by any means. And there is a very simple and cheap menu as I guess I forgot to click the no menu button when I created it.

Had a slight delay and some issues while uploading, but the final file is currently uploading and should be done within a couple hours. So sometime tomorrow it will be available for download.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think now that I have Sony Vegas, and more access to the individual audio channels I may revisit aspects of my edit. I won't do anything until I'm finished with my Revenge of the Fallen edit, but there are some things that still bug me, and some new things I've seen in other edits that I might try and implement.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After completing my ROTF edits I've started to revamp my edit of the first Transformers movie. I have much better software than what I had when I did the first edit, and so using that edit as a starting point I've gone back to try and accomplish some things I tried before but was unable to do. I also wanted to polish up a few transitions, and borrowed an idea or 2 from other editors.

Version 2 changes:

Cleaned up various transitions.

Removed a couple of second during Desert battle.

Removed Barricade's headlight probes.

Cropped footage during Barricade/Sam encounter to make cut more natural looking.

Cut part of Sam/Mikaela after Sam tackled her off moped.

Cut small bit of footage at end of Barricade/BB chase to eliminate obvious continuity error (shot of BB wheel inside warehouse when they should be outside).

HEAVY cutting of scene at Sam's home. No more "earthquake," no more power outage, no parents in Sam's bedroom, etc. This is now a very fast paced scene that keeps the flow going. (This is by far the biggest change in this version)

Small trim to improve handcuff scene further.

Removed Epps line from BB/Giant cube scene.

Rearranged Mission City battle to eliminate delay between Megatron killing Jazz and Optimus' arrival (I was soooo close to being able to do this with previous software, but ultimately had to scrap it).

Had Megatron come through roof as soon as Sam gets up there (borrowed from Uncanny Antman, though pretty sure the cuts are different - I do keep the reason for Sam going to that building).

Removed "Shoot, shoot!" line.

Removed, "awww" from "Awww, Jazz" line. (borrowed from UA also).

Removed BB speaking at the end. (Tried this before and couldn't even really even get it close to working. New Software made it possible, but still wasn't too easy.)

One last thing I need to try is to remove the BB pee scene (going to have to use UA's edit as reference). I don't mind this scene myself, and I think it seems in character for BB, but it seems to bug a lot of people, so I'll work on it.

Currently I've removed approximately 7 additional minutes from the previous version, and estimate the BB pee scene will add close to another 2 minutes or so.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Version 2 is now complete and ready on MU as a single layer DVD.
New runtime is 154 minutes with a total of 29 minutes cut (9 more than previously).
Biggest change is during the Witwicky home scene.
Also of significance is the removal of BB peeing, and the slight rearrangement of the city battle.
There are other various cuts, some mentioned in the previous post.

Additional Note: My combined blu-ray, Transformers: The Reformatted Collection, consisting of this new version of Transformers Reformatted and of Revenge of the Fallen: The Real Effing Deal on one disc in HD (sadly just 720p since Nero wouldn't let me go below a certain bitrate on 1080p and that just wouldn't fit) is done and ready to go and will be available as soon as I get it uploaded. A DL-DVD will follow, and then I'll upload DL-DVD and blu-ray versions of the films individually.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blu-ray version of the Reformatted Collection is now available a MU. This contains the 2nd version of both Transformers: Reformatted and Revenge of the Fallen: The Real Effing Deal.

Both movies are in 1080i with 5.1 AC3 audio.

Edit: There was an error with the blu-ray menu, so an additonal file will need to be downloaded with instructions on how to fix the problem and any files needed. It should be included once it's up on fanedit.info. If you need it's location let me know.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Was wondering if anyone still had the original version (not version 2) of this? Particularly the audio. I kind of need it, but deleted all of my previous stuff. What I have from version 2 will not work for what I need. I can't use the source either because I edited this movie over several programs and in segments. I can recreate a lot of what I need with the source, but a lot depends on the audio from the first edit released.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you looked?

If so, and can't find it, PM the editor...read the rules and FAQ...etc etc.

DO NOT post here to say it's not online.

Top Bottom