• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE (DVD-9 now available)

I can see the value of having threaded comments on FE, where a review is posted and people can discuss responses to it.

boon23 said:
you can defend (here on the forum) however you please. But I am sure you have also realized that it's not satisfying. The final truth always is: you made it for yourself and you like it. That must be good enough.
Movies do not need explanations and if they do they are not good movies. People tend to watch everything differently and are entitled to their (sometimes weird) opinions.
So all I am actually saying is that it makes not much sense to battle against windmills.
Advice to live by, for sure. :wink:

We all learn our lessons. And that was BEFORE it was a pure review function.

boon23 said:
But if there is a need for it I can implement a plugin that allows to rate comments (as in: # members found this review useful).

I would be in favour of the plug-in. It sounds like a reasonable compromise between the new "reviews" and the old "comments" - which I rather miss.

positive arguing points to boon for the cervantes reference

Captain Khajiit said:
boon23 said:
But if there is a need for it I can implement a plugin that allows to rate comments (as in: # members found this review useful).

I would be in favour of the plug-in. It sounds like a reasonable compromise between the new "reviews" and the old "comments" - which I rather miss.

Sounds like a good idea. The only issue that might come up is people messing with users' comments they don't like and down-modding them. Considering the high quality of the FE moderators though, that likely won't be a problem. (For instance, revenge reviews and other childish activity is dealt with quickly at FE.org).

ab5tract said:
The only issue that might come up is people messing with users' comments they don't like and down-modding them. Considering the high quality of the FE moderators though, that likely won't be a problem. (For instance, revenge reviews and other childish activity is dealt with quickly at FE.org).

I am sure that "malicious" bad ratings will be averaged out by the unbiased majority, who, I hope, will wish to give fair ratings to comments.

The DVD-9 release of this fanedit is now available via RS.
Many thanks to elbarto1 for uploading this for me. :)

Ah, that's what I've been waiting for. My thanks to you as well, elbarto1. :)

Update: Actually, are the links avilable anywhere? I just checked fanedit.info and no dice. Still just the AVI there.

Back
Top Bottom