• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Trancers: Enhanced Edition (Mastered and Upscaled from the Vestron LD)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
By OmegaMattman

This is a project which I completed about a month ago.

Anyone who has seen any of the various official DVD releases of the movie Trancers knows of the problems they all share. It's duplicated from the Vestron LaserDisc (not the master used for that LaserDisc), it's 4x3 open-matte video, it's loaded with compression problems, and there's an odd transition midway through where the LD had to be flipped.

Originally, I'd hoped to simply clean-up the DVD and upscale it to 16x9...but that became impossible. Upon analyzing the disc's video, it turns out there is a weird "drift" in the fields which causes things to images into subsequent frames and kills any chance it restoring it to 24fps progressive.

Using a copy of the original Vestron LD release, I've made a new transfer of Trancers, converted it to NTSC progressive, upscaled/matted it to 16x9, tweaked the color timing and saturation, and processed the hell out of it. In fact, I hated having to denoise it as much as I did, but the Vestron LD isn't much better than the official DVDs. And, my LaserDisc play is sadly below par.

The result is Trancers: Enhanced Edition.

Specifications:
DVD-5
NTSC, 23.979
16x9 Matted to 1.66:1 (roughly, slightly pillarboxed)
English Mono Audio
No Subtitles

image0copy.jpg

image3copym.jpg

image2copy.jpg

image4copy.jpg

menua.jpg

Back
Top Bottom