• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Tobe Hooper tribute: Carnival & Haunted. Edits of Funhouse and Poltergeist

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another double feature.
This time from the late Tobe Hooper
This is the first DF of this director and there will be another one next year

The Funhouse (Carnival) is for me one of the best films done by Hooper as a director
He made some very fine horror movies but also some extremely bad ones
This edit will have a running time of approx 60 minutes
The opening with the dolls is gonna be different with my credits and other music

Poltergeist (Haunted) will be also a lot shorter
I cut out a lot of the funny stuff of this family to make this a more serious story
Favorite scenes are of course the tree with the boy and the clown, the guy who ripped his own face off 
That will be certainly in it but because why the place is haunted and all that blah blah blah is trimmed or cut because we all now at the end why those ghosts are pissed off
Off course there will be also music re-score and overdubs in both of them 

I do this project together with the Mad Max-Desert Road edit and also i work on the Australian horror movie The Snowtown Murders (Killing for pleasure)
The last one will be because of the disturbing violence in it only a blog release
So enough work for the coming weeks and this DF will be released somewhere in November 
Well, that's all :sleepy:

cJZaFF5.jpg

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Maniac!! Glad to see you back especially at the horror double-features again!! Great choice for this one, will have to check this out when released.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Funhouse (Carnival) edit is done 
In the original, the little brother of Berridge escapes from his room to go to the carnival
In this edit, I used the boy only in the opening scenes
The rest of the scenes with the boy were totally unnecessary for this edit
Running time is 58 minutes and I used some music overdubs of Benjamin Wallfish 
Monday I go further with Poltergeist

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This DF is done
The Poltergeist (Haunted) edit runs 65 minutes
It goes like a fast train this edit, a lot of dialogue bullshit is cut from Beatrice Straight and that dwarf Rubinstein
In the children's bedroom, there were two-night scenes in the original
First night was the boy with the clown for his bed and the second night was the attack with the tree
In my version, i put these scenes together as it were one night
Fact is that the clown suddenly appears by the girl in the attack scene with the tree but as you see later in the story the clown can move on his own, (well, with a little help from the friendly ghosts of course) so I let it that way
It's no mistake.
Well, like I said, this is also a more serious edit most of the "funny" shit is gone 
Music overdubs of Wallfisch works great in this cut 
That's it, Monday on my blog, and by the end of next week I put it on the IFDB

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to completed. Edit released on ifdb.

Top Bottom