• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TM HOME VIDEO Presents "DREAM MANIAC"

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM HOME VIDEO PRESENTS:

DREAM MANIAC

Trailer:

Fanedit Film Name: DREAM MANIAC
Faneditor Name: TM Productions (TM HOME VIDEO)
Tagline: When You Go To Sleep, You Meet The... DREAM MANIAC!
Original Film Name: A Nightmare On Elm Street (Remake)
Studio Name: New Line Cinema and Platinum Dunes
Genre: Horror
Fanedit Type: True
Original Running Time: 1hr 34min
Original Release Date: April 30, 2010
Fanedit Running Time: 63 min.
Fanedit Release Date: June 2013
Amount of time cut.: 31 min.

Intention: To turn the Nightmare on Elm Street Remake into a fun , cheesy 80s slasher film of it's own.

Brief Description: Everyone around Nancy are dying in their sleep after meeting the DREAM MANIAC! There is no where to run or hide in your DREAMS! And that's where the DREAM MANIAC lies. With hid burnt face and razor claws, all that's there is MURDER! When you go to sleep, you meet the DREAM MANIAC!

Cut-List:
Tooooooooo many to list since I did cut over a half an hour. But basically, I created a new intro of the parents killing freddy deleted Dean's death scene and ANY mention of Dean, started the movie after the opening with Kris' first nightmare/dream scare in the attic, then shortened her death scene to get rid of the cheesy CGI whipping around (was that even supposed to look like it hurt?) transition over to Nancy's storyline, I extended the bath scene by including the "snow dream" within it, added some "tracking" issues, cut down Nancy's end dream with Freddy and their big dramatic thing to get to the action. Plus transformed the thing into an old gritty vhs tape look with vhs sound, added the blue screen and "putting the tape in" - sound, and also the eject sound to make it feel like you're really popping in an old vhs tape. The movie has also been COMPLETELY res-cored using the original Nightmare soundtrack and a track from Freddy's Nightmares.

Special Notes/Thanks: Captain Khajiit, Rogue-TheX, Sonny Baker, Whispers, and anyone who has commented on this post and is interested at all in this edit.

Technical Info: Virtual Dub, DvdFab, DGIndex, AviSynth, HCEnc, Audacity, Sony Vegas Pro 10, Dvd Architect (NOTE: There are NO dvd menus since it is supposed to be like a vhs tape) The audio is Stereo.

intro:
[video=youtube_share;_JLI1onBhNc]

Kris' Death:

Nancy's Dream:

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i like the look of this TM, look forward to more updates

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! Looking forward to this. I'm really digging the cover art too. Might want to fix the original runtime though in your description. :lol:

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Awesome! Looking forward to this. I'm really digging the cover art too. Might want to fix the original runtime though in your description. :lol:

Thanks, and thatnks for pointing that out :lol:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn. I'm about to start a VHS style edit of a horror film from the 90s. I literally was going to start working on it today and I see this thread. I am now under the assumption that TM Productions is a sock account I created when I was wasted and I'm living some sort of Fight Club-esque life.

But seriously, I love this idea!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Damn. I'm about to start a VHS style edit of a horror film from the 90s. I literally was going to start working on it today and I see this thread. I am now under the assumption that TM Productions is a sock account I created when I was wasted and I'm living some sort of Fight Club-esque life.

Which film would that be?

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

:lol: and thanks :)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Damn. I'm about to start a VHS style edit of a horror film from the 90s. I literally was going to start working on it today and I see this thread.

Make it, MAKE IT! Oh yeah, im making a vhs type edit too, but don't let that phase ya :p

@ TM, the video looked too dark in places, to me, other than that, right on!

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
the video looked too dark in places, to me, other than that, right on!

Yeah, I noticed that too, I'm going to try to get it even with brightness without it looking ridiculous.

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is a rough preview of Kris' death:

[video=youtube_share;zsPWUN7UAxw]

It has been heavily trimmed down to take most of the crazy special effects away (spinning in air, thrown into walls, ect.) because this film is supposed to look like it's from the 80s.

It has also been re-scored and new sound effects have been added.

Let me know what you think ;-)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks good, although really short. I'm going to have to revisit the remake soon to get a better idea of what her untouched death scene looked like.

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Looks good, although really short. I'm going to have to revisit the remake soon to get a better idea of what her untouched death scene looked like.

Yes, it is very short, but all the rest of the scene was was her flipping around in the air. Which a low budget horror film in the 80s wouldn't have been able to do or afford. That's why I had to cut it so short. :)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks great, don't let anyone fool you! I love it. You're sort of thinking "What's happening to her?", and then, next thing you now, she gets slashed, and dies. A real short, but genuine shock moment.

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Looks great, don't let anyone fool you! I love it. You're sort of thinking "What's happening to her?", and then, next thing you now, she gets slashed, and dies. A real short, but genuine shock moment.

Thanks so much :)

sonnybaker

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow! Amazing job so far! Although I think the edit in general would work better if it bared the original title, you could even use the original 1984 title card.

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sonnybaker said:
Wow! Amazing job so far! Although I think the edit in general would work better if it bared the original title, you could even use the original 1984 title card.

Originally I was going to use the original title, but then I decided to just turn this into it's own film because I just hate Jackie Earle Haley's Freddy and really don't consider the remake to be a part of the series anyway for the fact it doesn't have a good Freddy aka Robert Englund. So now my goal is to make it look like a cheesy rip off of Nightmare On Elm Street. Thanks for your feedback though ;-)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Haley did a fine job. It's a different Freddy. More menacing, dangerous and unpredictable. It's not the same as Englund's original, but it sure beats Englund's version in the sequels. The one thing that kept the remake from becoming its own star, was the rest of the cast. No talent whatsoever.

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Haley did a fine job. It's a different Freddy. More menacing, dangerous and unpredictable. It's not the same as Englund's original, but it sure beats Englund's version in the sequels. The one thing that kept the remake from becoming its own star, was the rest of the cast. No talent whatsoever.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with Haley's acting but it is a whole other character and therefore is a whole other movie.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:

+1.

Top Bottom