• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Titanic: The White Star Extended Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I use subtitles so my 11 month old doesn't wake up.

Then you're doing it wrong.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How do you do it?

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And perhaps you can explain something to me that i've long wondered. Why would there be a need for english subtitles in an english-speaking movie?
It may be useful if english is not someone's native language. It is easier to understand everything.

I can watch english-speaking movies with english subtitles and understand 95-99% of them, but only something like 70-80% without them.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gieferg said:
It may be useful if english is not someone's native language. It is easier to understand everything.

I can watch english-speaking movies with english subtitles and understand 95-99% of them, but only something like 70-80% without them.

^
THIS. :)
I sometime make english subtitles on my fanedit along with the french one because of that.
On a regular DVD you obviously have your own language in dub or subs, but for fanedits, the easiest way to make subtitles for everyone, is to make subs in english (even on english movies)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
but for fanedits, the easiest way to make subtitles for everyone, is to make subs in english (even on english movies)

That's a great point, especially on movies that have a pretty confusing plot or a lot of fast talking.

FoolsFollowing

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello, I could only find one download link for this film. It was on Pirate Bay; I'm not sure if I'm allowed to include the download link so I'll just copy the description below. Is this the only version of this film available? Not only does it claim to be extremely poor quality, but there doesn't appear to be any seeders for it. My girlfriend and I would be very interested in watching this edit!

Pirate Bay info
^^^^^^^^^

This is an unoficial fanedit of the movie produced by ADigitalMan. It runs 31 mns longer than the largest official edit ( special extended edition )
Source was REALY bad. ADigitalMan is an industry standard editor but he cant encode avi to save himself. Huge improvements where made to sharpness, detail and legibility however there are scars all over the place. This was NEVER going to be the quality of an H.264 dvd rip.
Soz to all for the size. It was brought up to 2gig to keep the bitrate above 1000kbps. This is because of the running time. This movie runs as long as 2 movies. I had no chance of improving this at a smaller bitrate.

ADigitalMans Origional notes:
This three disc set restores all 29 deleted scenes to bring the run time to a whopping 3.75 hours. Using the Special Collector's Edition of James Cameron's TITANIC as a basis, this extended edition restores all of the deleted scenes in context with the film.

Enjoy this movie.
-==D-L33T3==-
Pilot Release Group

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
All the links for this edit look to be online (I just checked them). Go here and scroll down to the Titantic Extended Edition. You'll see "RS 3X NTSC". That's the link to download the .dlc file. Read this to learn how to download.

Should go fine.

FoolsFollowing

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks Negfly, I was being an idiot and looking in the True Fanedit section. I download EE's so rarely that I completely forget they have their own section.

Ouch, 12 gigs! Even taking it one at a time (8.5 gig) this is gonna be a tough one to balance. Look forward to watching it though... :)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gugliemo said:
Hello, I could only find one download link for this film. It was on Pirate Bay; I'm not sure if I'm allowed to include the download link so I'll just copy the description below.
Just to clarify, direct download links are not allowed here.

stamper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi, with all the deleted scenes now in HD on Blu-ray, any project of upgrading this one to HD (even 720p would be great)? It's awesome.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
stamper said:
Hi, with all the deleted scenes now in HD on Blu-ray, any project of upgrading this one to HD (even 720p would be great)? It's awesome.

ADM has been missing from the fanedit.org scene for a bit now. I'm sure it's possible this edit could get an upgrade to HD, but don't hold your breath.

SRA

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Titanic is a film that inspired me in my early youth to want to work in production.

Since its release I collected vast amounts of behind the scenes images/ text and bagan to collate scenes missing from the final cut.

Finally in 2005 we were treated to some excellent cut footage (prior we had the CD Rom which included some interesting scenes - in poor quality).

Having watched both cuts, I do think you've done an excellent job. The film is a masterpiece (IMO) - thank you so much for making!

I too was thinking about an HD version. The Blu Ray image/ sound is superb and this film cries out for a great transfer. Could turn into a future project...

mr usneun

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anyone know, are the deleted scenes in 5.1? I heard they were remastered for the HD release so i hope they are 5.1 also. If not, does anyone know how to make stereo-sound to PLII or DTS neo sound (upscaling to 5.1?)

I would do this typo release BUT i don't have the white star edition yet and i don't have a 720p/1080p version yet even though i have the bluray.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of my plans for 2013 is to do an HD extended edition of Titanic. Don't know when yet but keep an eye on the site.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
mr usneun said:
Does anyone know, are the deleted scenes in 5.1? I heard they were remastered for the HD release so i hope they are 5.1 also. If not, does anyone know how to make stereo-sound to PLII or DTS neo sound (upscaling to 5.1?)

I would do this typo release BUT i don't have the white star edition yet and i don't have a 720p/1080p version yet even though i have the bluray.
Can't remember if they're in surround or not, but this is amazing if the audio is not surround sound. I've used it in my fanediting projects and it's the only product that properly can seperate the vocals into the center and music/fx into the other channels, along with the necessary sub routing but yet at the same time, retains the stereo or mono mix if downmixed.
http://www.dts.com/professionals/audio-software/neural-upmix/overview.aspx

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And only $450 to boot!

:|

Top Bottom