• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Titanic: The White Star Extended Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I do have ADM's White Star Edition, but only the alternate ending. If this is acceptable, I'll try to make an AVI and upload it. Bear in mind, my upload speed is not great, so it will take a while. Alternatively, if you are in the UK, I can post you copies - which would probably be easier.

Joelio

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How long is a while? Unfortunately I don't live in the UK; complete opposite side of the world, as a matter of fact (New Zealand). If it'd be a couple of days to convert and upload it would probably be easier to just get my mate to download the DVD's for me.

Joelio

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, don't worry bout it guys; I'm just downloading the DVD's. I found out today that my broadband provider's computers have screwed up, which means that until they fix the problem, every one of their customers gets free broadband (??) and, even if this weren't the case, the bandwith's going back up tomorrow so considering it's running quite fast at the moment, I thought I might take advantage of running out of speed :D

Gus_Gus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Joelio said:
Alright, don't worry bout it guys; I'm just downloading the DVD's. I found out today that my broadband provider's computers have screwed up, which means that until they fix the problem, every one of their customers gets free broadband (??) and, even if this weren't the case, the bandwith's going back up tomorrow so considering it's running quite fast at the moment, I thought I might take advantage of running out of speed :D

Congrats man. Hope you like it as much as I do.

Joelio

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gus_Gus said:

I hope so too haha. I tried looking for the deleted scenes on Youtube but all the clips I found had dodgy audio; the audio would stop for a moment while the video kept playing, then it'd start again and be seconds behind the video. All I've got on my 2-disc edition is the alternate ending, I should've got the 4-disc one lol.

But then, of course, it's always better to see the whole film in its entirety :D Such as I discovered from the Watchmen Ultimate Cut.

Gus_Gus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Joelio said:
Gus_Gus said:

I hope so too haha. I tried looking for the deleted scenes on Youtube but all the clips I found had dodgy audio; the audio would stop for a moment while the video kept playing, then it'd start again and be seconds behind the video. All I've got on my 2-disc edition is the alternate ending, I should've got the 4-disc one lol.

But then, of course, it's always better to see the whole film in its entirety :D Such as I discovered from the Watchmen Ultimate Cut.

Quite right, I can't believe how much the deleted scenes, when place back into the film itself, makes such a difference. It's quite amazing!

Joelio

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gus_Gus said:
Joelio said:
Gus_Gus said:

Quite right, I can't believe how much the deleted scenes, when place back into the film itself, makes such a difference. It's quite amazing![/quote:2jv1srim]

Agreed :)

Although, it does depend on the movie, and the reasons for having the scenes deleted in the first place. Peter Jackson gives a nice detailed description on some of his reasoning for cutting all the scenes he removed in King Kong on the 3-disc extended edition; that box set includes the extended version of the film, which has 12 minutes added in, and also has 45 minutes worth of deleted scenes as special features. Each one has an introduction by Jackson which is pretty interesting; some of the stuff was deleted for pacing, some of it for budget reasons, and some of it was because they found a quicker way of having the same plot point integrated into the film. So there's some quite astonishing stuf on that boxset.

Gus_Gus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Joelio said:
Agreed :)

Although, it does depend on the movie, and the reasons for having the scenes deleted in the first place. Peter Jackson gives a nice detailed description on some of his reasoning for cutting all the scenes he removed in King Kong on the 3-disc extended edition; that box set includes the extended version of the film, which has 12 minutes added in, and also has 45 minutes worth of deleted scenes as special features. Each one has an introduction by Jackson which is pretty interesting; some of the stuff was deleted for pacing, some of it for budget reasons, and some of it was because they found a quicker way of having the same plot point integrated into the film. So there's some quite astonishing stuf on that boxset.

Oh, quite right, couldn't have said better myself. I just love the commentaries, especially if it's for a TV Show or Anime I'm really into. It's so much fun.

Joelio

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey so just a noob question here - I've finished downloading disc 1, now do I basically just burn the ISO to a DVD? I'm not too flash at this stuff, hence why I would have preferred an AVI, but I guess this means I can watch it on my TV so I'm up for it haha.

Gus_Gus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Joelio said:
Hey so just a noob question here - I've finished downloading disc 1, now do I basically just burn the ISO to a DVD? I'm not too flash at this stuff, hence why I would have preferred an AVI, but I guess this means I can watch it on my TV so I'm up for it haha.

You can do one of two things.

1)
Get something to read the iso file (like Virtual Clonedrive or Deamon Tools), and it would read it like a normal CD/DVD and watch it on your machine or burn from there. But if it's a folder *Insert name here* and it has the VIDEO_TS folder inside with DVD files, you just need something like Media Player Classic to open the *Insert name here* folder to read it, and it'll read it like a normal DVD.

2)
You can burn it to Disc. If you know how to burn DVD's, than your methods can suffice. And you can watch it on the TV.

3) or 2b)
Burn to disc, and still watch it on your computer.

Enjoy. :3

Joelio

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks :D I'll prolly go with number 2, though it'll have to wait till tomorrow cos I need some single layer DVD's... I've only got Dual Layers atm, and I don't wanna waste them by using only half of one.

Cheers.

Gus_Gus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Joelio said:
Thanks :D I'll prolly go with number 2, though it'll have to wait till tomorrow cos I need some single layer DVD's... I've only got Dual Layers atm, and I don't wanna waste them by using only half of one.

Cheers.

One is glad to be of service. *bow*
I know what you mean. This one time, I had 1 Dual Layer DVD left, and because it was the only one left, I didn't know what to use it on. So I saved it for 3 months... But in the end, I used it for Anime... Ouran High School Host Club to be exact.

rpvee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Forgive me for posting in such an old thread, but I just finished downloading this the other day from fanedit, but upon extracting the rar's and opening the resulting folders, I was met with five new .rar's in both folders (one folder for each of the two discs of the set). I tried extracting the first part in each of them (as I did the original .rar's to get the two folders), and it keeps asking for a Part 6 rar in each folder, but there are only five parts.

Help!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmm, I cant remember the specifics but I do remember this one being packed up multiple times (3 extracts IIRC)

did you manage to get any of the discs or are all of them failing due to the "missing part 6"?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- download all the files
- start extraction with the 1A sequence to a 1A folder
- continue with 1B sequence to A 1B folder
- combine the DVD 1 files to extract them all.

do this with the other discs as well.

gojira87

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this was the first title I viewed and I burned it to a dvd and I have to say I was HIGHLY IMPRESSED by the work only a small glitch here and there but the reincorporated scenes were flawlessly and seamlessly added in, I am very pleased. It was tough all these years watching the one I purchased in the store with all the deleted scenes. I am glad that someone took the time to do this. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nope. Feel free to make some.

And perhaps you can explain something to me that i've long wondered. Why would there be a need for english subtitles in an english-speaking movie?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I use subtitles so my 11 month old doesn't wake up.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There is also the fact that non-native speakers are often able to read more of a language than they are able to understand aurally.

Top Bottom