• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TITANIC: A Q2 Extended Edition

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Titanic_EE_3Dview.jpg

About: One of the first fanedited extended editions I ever saw was ADigitalMan's "Titanic: The White Star Extended Edition". I still think it's a shining example of the medium.

The main reason for doing this extended edition is I wanted a version in HD. I considered calling this "The White Star Edition: Redux", but I've made a few tweaks throughout: cleaning up a few cuts that were just a bit off, re-ordered a couple scenes so the deleted scenes fit better, and removed one shot (redundant from the inclusion of a deleted scene). I also color corrected some of the deleted scenes so that they'd match the new Blu-Ray coloring. That said, if there is a weird jump within a shot that is how it is in the deleted scene. I did the best I could to minimize the few occurances there were.

Finally, unlike The White Star Edition, both the theatrical ending and alternate ending are included on the disc. While I struggled to make it seamless consumer authoring products don't allow for this. There will be a slight pause when your selected ending begins.

NOTE: BECAUSE I WANTED TO PRESERVE THE HIGHEST PICTURE QUALITY POSSIBLE OF A NEARLY 4 HOUR FILM, THE BLU-RAY VERSION WAS AUTHORED FOR BD-50. THE DVD VERSION REQUIRES A DVD-9.

Release Details: DVD-9 (SD), M4V (1080p), BD-50 (1080p).

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great! Is the alternate ending an option too?
Not sure sure if it's available in HD anyway... hence my question :)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It will be. I'm still trying to figure out the best way of incorporating it without creating a third disc like WS Edition, but if that's the only alternative then that's what I'll do.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2.....King of the World?

Also, Leo looks really friggin young.

And finally
rosejack.jpg

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
any possible updates to the soundtrack? :p

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved, and OP updated.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool, just saw the edit just came out. I'll watch and review it this weekend. Thanks!

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emanswfan said:
Cool, just saw the edit just came out. I'll watch and review it this weekend. Thanks!

If you're downloading the BD-50 version and have problems let me know. (It was a beast to get up.) The RAR's should be intact, but if you encounter any issue I can post individual ones for you if the PAR2 doesn't work. (Those are available as a separate download.)

marvins

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
It will be. I'm still trying to figure out the best way of incorporating it without creating a third disc like WS Edition, but if that's the only alternative then that's what I'll do.

Can you explain how you added a branching feature to the end ?

I hope to watch your release soon and maybe work on a french audio track.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
marvins said:
Can you explain how you added a branching feature to the end ?

I hope to watch your release soon and maybe work on a french audio track.

It's not as perfect as I wanted. I was going for seamless, but due to the limitation of consumer authoring software it's just not possible. There is software that allows you to reprogram the BD index file, but after looking at that code for several hours I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

So the way I went was to create four separate clips: the main movie, the theatrical ending, the alternate ending, and the credits. I then created two playlists in Encore and, depending on what button you select in the menu, one of them plays. There is a short, though noticeable, pause when the new clip plays. It's sort of like in the heyday of DVD when you could see when the layer of the disc switched.

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is it possible to download and burn this to 2 BD25 disks without re-authoring it?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was wondering nearly the same thing. Why not make this a 2 BD-25 release with an intermission? Better yet, a 3 BD-25 release with a different disc for each ending (I despise the old DVD pause or any odd pauses in video). Hell, you could make it an 8 BD-25 boxset and it would be cheaper to burn than a single BD-50.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jerick said:
Is it possible to download and burn this to 2 BD25 disks without re-authoring it?

There might be a way to split it, but I'm not sure how.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
I was wondering nearly the same thing. Why not make this a 2 BD-25 release with an intermission? Better yet, a 3 BD-25 release with a different disc for each ending (I despise the old DVD pause or any odd pauses in video). Hell, you could make it an 8 BD-25 boxset and it would be cheaper to burn than a single BD-50.

I'm not a fan of intermissions in movies unless it was intended that way. And while I don't like pauses either, I also didn't want to upload 75GB for three BD-25 discs. A brief 1-sec pause trumped an additional 30GB of uploading (1 BD ad 1 DVD).

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh well, I certainly have the tools to re-author it myself in the way that I can burn it. I'll give it a go, when I get some time. Thanks for all your hard work, I look forward to enjoying it!

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jerick said:
Oh well, I certainly have the tools to re-author it myself in the way that I can burn it. I'll give it a go, when I get some time. Thanks for all your hard work, I look forward to enjoying it!

I was just about to make an amendment that you could use BDRebuilder. That can convert it to, at the very least, a 720p AVCHD version. It might also be able to re-author for BD-25. Never tried that though.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's what I was going to do. It will make a 1080p BD-25.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
mr usneun said:
can you release it as a mkv?

Sorry, no. I released a 1080p M4V version already.

Top Bottom