• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Tip when starting with Premiere Pro--how to batch render / process multiple files

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi guys,

I know many people already know this and I'm kicking myself for not researching this earlier, but just a pointer for those using Adobe Premiere Pro (which is what I just started using)--batch rendering is impossible with this program alone.

What this means is that if you finish editing a scene or project, and want to render it, you Will not be able to do anything else while rendering-- you can only process One project at a time, and while its rendering, you cannot use Premiere to edit anything else. If you have a less powerful computer and a complicated project, you may be waiting up to 4 or 5 hours for the entire film to render (which was the case with my Blade Runner edit).

Enter Adobe Media Encoder--if you are a Premiere Pro user--you should DEFINITELY get this.
This is a separate program, and what it allows you to do is queue your Premiere projects in a render list. Instead of "exporting" directly from Premiere, you hit "Queue" with Encoder open and it instantly sends the worklist over to Encoder. In Encoder hit render, and the program renders just as it would in Premiere, but leaving you free to continue editing other things while waiting for the render to be done. When rendering multiple files this is crucial.

Also, at least on my computer, this third party rendering seems much faster than doing it natively in Premiere-- although this may be because I was rendering into an external harddrive. I definitely recommend it. It takes the burden of waiting for a render completely off your editing software and leaves you free to work, saving Hours in the process.

1. Once you finish editing, hit ctrl+m to bring up export settings. Open media Encoder.
2. When finished selecting settings, press "Queue" (this step opens up encoder if you forgot to open it beforehand)
3. Go to encoder and press the Render or "Play" button to render
4. Go back to Premiere Pro and keep editing

You can even shut Premiere down when its rendering, or open another file.
Hope this helped for you guys starting out.

Cheers
Kris

Top Bottom