• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Tint Removal & Colour Grading Queries

Pedantic Contrarian

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't sure whether to place this query here or in the software section of the forums, I did also consider putting it in the Mac Guides since my NLE of choice is Final Cut Pro X but than when it comes to colour grading with NLE's I know most of them have a similar gear system function used for Colour Grading so I figured this query could fit here plus i haven't had much luck with the Mac Guides forum though as for my query.

If I wanted the overall tint and feel of one film to look close to or exactly like another film what would be the best way to go about it? for example if I wanted to remove an Orange Tint from Film B and apply Film A's Blue Tint to Film B instead should I remove the Orange Tint's from each individual object and than apply a LUT and change that LUT to match Film A's Blue Tint or should I adjust the Shadows, Highlights and Midtones of the scenes in Film B in order to closely or perfectly match the Blue Tint of Film A?

Possibly a bit of both? if this type of question has been asked and answered before in another segment of this forum or a different forum than I sincerely apologise to the staff for annoying them with a redundant post.

The best advice I could give for this is to use Davinci Resolve's color warper. Select an area with the undesired tint using the dropper tool, then warp it to the color you want. Depending on the movie, this can sometimes adequately fix a lot of the movie. You would still need to preview and tweak the scenes it did not work well on. There is not often one LUT that will work on every scene of a movie.

I've got some options similar to this in my NLE though this video definitely gives me a good idea of what to do for the scenes that require specific colour changes to certain things.

Back
Top Bottom