• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Time Travel Consecution

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Wait... you don't have a faneditor badge! TM2YC you can change user statuses right?
Thanks for noticing, I hadn't even realized.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I left some thank yous on the database page to all you has taken time to review.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought the [MENTION=24527]DMPD[/MENTION] short was a lot of fun. Not sure why it was rejected, other than the slightly subpar video quality.

DMPD

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks mate :) it was my first ever FanEdit semi-released :)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Under the Terminator's Skin by DomincCobb

sprayed on the IFDB highway overpass:

The music totally worked for me and turned every scene into one of greater dread. I once thought the techno soundtrack for T1 fit the movie like a hand in mailed glove, but this aural outing actually made me feel in a more visceral way how desperate Sarah & Kyle were, the holyshit danger. Take the word "stark" and wizardly turn it into a short fanedit, and you get this.

In a very good/mysterious/surreal way, this piece reminds me of Dwight Fry's Spidey edit, in that it transports you on a most deliciously fucked-up wonderbus.

I was hoping the narrative would mess with the time travel elements. Conveniently, the Terminator franchise is bulging with this particular fanediting raw material. The story here is a condensed version of the theatrical telling, nicely done, but it misses an opportunity to put a twisty wrinkle on a well-known plot.

The video seemed a bit juddery to me, and I can't tell whether it's a Vimeo conversion problem or a whatnot amongst whatnots. No biggie.

Folks, this is the kind of thing you can show fanediting virgins (or the recently devirginized) to give them a taste of the alternate life of a movie. I look forward to more edits by DominicCobb. Make them and send them back through time.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally, reviewed it all. This was a total blast to watch through. Thanks to all the Faneditors involved and thanks to Neglify and MG for making it possible :).

My top 3...

1. Run Marty Run
2. The New Adventures of Captain America
3. pinkface

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
sprayed on the IFDB highway overpass:
[MENTION=10624]ssj[/MENTION] please don't ever change.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
ssj please don't ever change.

For you, frink—never.
(ok, one day i will decompose, but till then. . . .)

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
My top 3...

1. Run Marty Run

tumblr_n65wppuRsW1tpjql9o1_400.gif

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks to [MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9451]matrixgrindhouse[/MENTION] for the reviews of Future Perfect. Nice to see some people delving into the second disc.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
Folks, this is the kind of thing you can show fanediting virgins (or the recently devirginized) to give them a taste of the alternate life of a movie.

tumblr_m53xdcdCny1qjq4cp.gif

Thanks for the review ssj and to everyone else who've broadcast their thoughts over the IFDb airwaves.

I look forward to more edits by DominicCobb. Make them and send them back through time.
Sure thing, will do.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks to boon23 for the nice review of my 'Times Adder' short (And to the other reviewers too).

boon23 said:
I was entertained and amused by a complete story unfolding in such little time with very well done opening and end credits. No cuts were visible or audible. Clearly, this was done by someone who has truly mastered the art of fanediting. My deepest respect for that.

I was worried about many of the cut I had to make being too awkward, so that's great to hear.

boon23 said:
What I did not like so much:
-overly dramatic score in the beginning and the end

I think everyone has thought that, except me :-D.

boon23 said:
What I did not like so much:
- the helmet on the wall scene felt a bit rushed, I had to watch it a second time to actually see the movement of the centurio.

As my goal was to remove all the "jokes", there were a couple of points in the edit that left me with very little material to work with. That was one of them. For a start I had to cut around Stephen Fry's rather unorthodox Roman-uniform...

tumblr_kvxt8o5RIM1qawe1lo1_500.jpg

:D

Here is the original much longer cut of that scene if you're interested...

...and here is the one scene/subplot I had to cut entirely because it was so silly there was barely a useable frame...

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, thanks a lot for the review boon! I'm honored you took the time to check it out and tickled pink you liked it so much. :)

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tried to leave a review for "Just in time", but I can't find an IFDB page for it. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, under the main Time Travel Consecution IFDB page, there is no link for "Just in time".

???

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wayne.workman2012 said:
Tried to leave a review for "Just in time", but I can't find an IFDB page for it. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, under the main Time Travel Consecution IFDB page, there is no link for "Just in time".

???

vvvv

IFDB page said:
- Just In Time by DMPD. (15:37)
They killed his wife ten years ago. There's still time to save her. Murder is forever... until now.

(Note: There is no IFDB page for "Just In Time" as it wasn't fully approved. As well, it is only available on Disc 2, not available on Vimeo.)

Neglify said:
- Just In Time by DMPD. (15:37)
They killed his wife ten years ago. There's still time to save her. Murder is forever... until now.

(Note: There is no IFDB page for "Just In Time" as it wasn't fully approved. As well, it is only available on Disc 2, not available on Vimeo.)

And to answer the questions of why it was disapproved. Because of video quality issues, and when we asked the editor to get us a better quality version, he disappeared for a couple months and then came back near the end.

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
And to answer the questions of why it was disapproved. Because of video quality issues, and when we asked the editor to get us a better quality version, he disappeared for a couple months and then came back near the end.

Oh OK; I missed that part. I thought the quality was fine though. I suppose I was absorbed in the video, it's been an awful long time since I've seen the original.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you very much [MENTION=14507]DominicCobb[/MENTION] [MENTION=6566]TMBTM[/MENTION] [MENTION=6765]Adabisi[/MENTION] [MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] [MENTION=6674]blueyoda[/MENTION] [MENTION=4825]Zarius[/MENTION] [MENTION=4573]boon23[/MENTION] [MENTION=7530]TomH1138[/MENTION] [MENTION=10544]ranger613[/MENTION] for all your reviews :)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
pinkface by Neglify

Rebue writ so large in the soil on the backside of the IFDB moon you could see it from earth but you can't because it's on the backside of the moon:

This reminds me of the time I went out for nachos and woke up naked in Uzbekistan and all I wanted to do was go home and saw something in the hotel lobby mirror and tried to put my hand through the looking glass and ended up smacking myself in the back of the head and afterwards lost my ability to do math and never made it home 'cause look i'm still there.

10/10 enjoyjoyz

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Senkyu for putting this together and taking us (the royal us) on another trippy trip thru the cosmos, brotha neglifier!

Top Bottom