• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Time Travel Consecution

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
9ajd.jpg

Trailer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ladies and) Gentlemen... Consecution 8 is officially released!

Main IFDB page: Time Travel Consecution

List of Shorts:

Disc 1 -

- Time's Adder by TM2YC. (14:12)
At a New Millennium Eve party, Blackadder tests his new time machine and ping pongs through history, encountering famous characters.

- Chasing Moonlight by Adabisi. (14:58)
A missed opportunity gets a second chance.

- Bill & Ted's Tubular Adventure by wayne.workman2012. (12:56)
Bill & Ted travel through time to prepare for a big history project that will make or break their grade.

- Father Time by njvc. (14:57)
The story of a father and son who share a unique gift: the ability to travel through time.

- Run Marty Run by blueyoda. (12:38)
Marty McFly gets three chances to live the same day over again and change the course of (his)story.

- pinkface by Neglify. (12:50)
The Man never wanted any trouble, and he never should have gone off into the woods that day...

- The New Adventures of Captain America by Rogue-theX. (15:26)
Captain America and the Red Mask battle in the stratosphere!

- Visions of the Past by jswert123456. (15:19)
This is the story of a post-nuclear war experiment in time travel.

- Under The Terminator's Skin by DominicCobb. (15:29)
From the future comes the Terminator. His mission: eliminate Sarah Connor.

- Future Shock by matrixgrindhouse. (9:00)
The battle for the future will be fought here, in the present... in Reno, Nevada.

Disc 2 - Bonus Shorts!

- Future Perfect by Adabisi. (14:42)
Three friends, separated by vast tracts of space and time, are reunited through a series of highly improbable events.

- I, Zathras by TM2YC. (30:17)
Zathras goes back in time, and forward in time, and maybe even sideways in time.

- Time Waits For No One by TM2YC. (20:07)
A beautiful story of first-love through the prism of time-travel.

- Just In Time by DMPD. (15:37)
They killed his wife ten years ago. There's still time to save her. Murder is forever... until now.

(Note: There is no IFDB page for "Just In Time" as it wasn't fully approved. As well, it is only available on Disc 2, not available on Vimeo.)

Videos: (See next posts)

Cover Art (by TM2YC)

time_travel_consecution_3Dview.jpg

time_travel_consecution_altcover1_3Dview.jpg

time_travel_consecution_altcover2_3Dview.jpg

(The DVD can be found at the usual place. See the FAQ if you're clueless.)

PARTY ON DUDES!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Videos (part two)

Password for all videos: Fanedit.org

Time's Adder

Under The Terminator's Skin

Visions of the Past

Bonus Shorts -

Future Perfect

I, Zathras

Time Waits For No One
https://vimeo.com/110083540[/video]

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Many, many thanks to [MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION]! It's been an honor and pleasure working with you, my friend. And thanks to all the editors who participated! I think we have a fine collaboration on our hands, here. I hope everyone enjoys!

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! Excited to see the final product.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is fucking awesome. will clear some space in my schedule so i can watch these.
*doesn't show up to work for a week*

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
this is fucking awesome. will clear some space in my schedule so i can watch these.
*doesn't show up to work for a week*

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I can't advocate this course of action in good conscience. That said, it would be even more irresponsible of me to not make this reference.

17565219_3.jpg

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I plan to watch all of these tonight. This has been very long awaited. Has it been almost a year?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wayne.workman2012 said:
I plan to watch all of these tonight. This has been very long awaited. Has it been almost a year?
How time flies!
But when it comes to Consecution projects, "almost a year" is like a blink.
It's almost like time travelling.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wayne.workman2012 said:

Yep; ten months according to IFDB. While things were a bit slow going in getting everything together, I'd say the delays ultimately led to making the consecution as good as possible.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The following hyperbole might be just because I only finished watching it 15 seconds ago and am still buzzing but...

...Rogue-theX's 'New Adventures of Captain America' might just be the greatest thing ever crafted by the hand of man! :-D

Metropolis reference for the win! and also maybe an Incal reference too at the end? :)

Proper reviews to follow when I've watched them all.

Edit:

Now I remember!...

Rogue-theX said:
I managed to fit a little homage to The Incal in my Captain America short. Hehehe.

TM2YC said:
You've given The Cap a pet concrete seagull or made Peggy into a Gynoid Prostitute?

Rogue-theX said:
Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04.gif
nope, can't even think of a subtle enough hint for ya that wouldn't give it away. Hopefully those that know the comic will catch it when they see it, even if it is disguised in retro form.

...Hehehe...
Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_01.gif

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Metropolis reference for the win! and also maybe an Incal reference too? :)

Now that you mention that, I remember Rogue saying this...

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I can't advocate this course of action in good conscience. That said, it would be even more irresponsible of me to not make this reference.

17565219_3.jpg

Took me a few seconds to get that reference because of the angle of the shot, I was thinking "who's Fred"

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now you've gone and done it. You've created a time paradox.

I_Am_Not_Spock_%28Leonard_Nimoy_autobiography%29_cover.jpg

I_Am_Spock_%28Leonard_Nimoy_autobiography%29_cover.jpg

Which is the correct timeline?!

iamalsoscotty.jpg

mikedrew87

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Downloading now and pretty stoked! I like most of these films and can't wait to see them trimmed to only about 15 minutes. Trailers look phenomenal. This is why fan edit sites exist....

DMPD

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great stuff :) I can't wait to watch all of these :) Amazing work by everyone involved and thanks :)

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wayne.workman2012 , thank you for your review! To clear things up: the DVD version of my short is interlaced, because Reno 911! was recorded in an interlaced format as well. Unlike interlaced copies of film media where frames are repeated, a native NTSC interlaced source boasts 60 distinct fields per second. The highest progressive frame rate supported by DVD is 30. For a progressive version on the disc, I would have had to either blend every two fields into one frame (resulting in motion blur), or remove half the fields (resulting in less smooth motion and more jaggies) - I took the later approach for the Vimeo version. A progressive scan deinterlacer (bob is the most common and least processor intensive, I think) will convert the interlaced fields into 60 progressive frames per second.

TM2YC's two bonus shorts on Disc 2 are also presented in an interlaced format, but for different reasons. Those played at a PAL friendly 25 frames per second, which is incompatible with NTSC DVD. Rather than adjust their speed and pitch, I decided that the most faithful way to present them was interlaced, with frame repeats - this similar to the way NTSC film is handled when interlaced. While a 30 frame per second progressive version was also viable, that would have resulted in a less comfortable number of frame repeats, and that would have looked even more jarring.

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
wayne.workman2012 , thank you for your review! To clear things up: the DVD version of my short is interlaced, because Reno 911! was recorded in an interlaced format as well.

Yeah, I listened to the commentary and it made sense.

I think you, out of us all, pay attention to format details the most.

Great job man.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the reviews Wayne! I highly suggest you watch "Timecrimes" (the source flick for my "pinkface" short). It's quite an awesome, trippy movie.

Oh and also, here's a good guide to watching [MENTION=6674]blueyoda[/MENTION] assemblies...

1) Check out his shorts on his YouTube channel (Blueyoda Theater). Watch some of the shorter entries (Time To Die Bugs, anything with Superman, Looney Cruise, etc.) and end with his epic Chasing Trinity.

2) Watch his Consecution shorts, Dead Awake (Zombies) and Rejected (Marvel). I don't know if these are still on Vimeo or not, but the Consecution discs are available. [Skip his Space short...]

From there you can go two routes (or timelines, if you wish)...

3-A) Check out some of his "feature-length" fanedits. P2, SCUM and Transformers Attack of the Score.

3-B) Watch his "fe la vie" trilogy.

4) ??

5) Profit

Top Bottom