• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Time to say hello.

maxgremlin

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
(takes a deep breath) Hi. My name is maxgremlin and I thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. I've only posted stuff in the tech assist forum so far so I decided to make a formal intro. I have been a big fan of this website for a long time now. I've always wanted to do a fan edit of my own but never had the time or the tools until now. I am currently working on my first fan edit but there are a lot of areas I am teaching myself how to do. Naturally some feedback from some veteran editors would be GREATLY appreciated.

Just a quick note on my background, I do have a little professional editing xp. For a couple of months I used to work for a company called Clearplay. It was a startup that was developing a dvd player that could edit out any content in movie that was encoded (mostly objectionable content). My job was to encode the content while trying to keep the story of the movie as coherent as possible. Weirdest edit result I ever had was for Sex, Lies, and Videotape. Everyone was talking AROUND the subject of sex while never actually mentioning it. It was pretty funny.

Anyway, my first project is one I have been aching to do for a long time: a reedit of the marvel Avenger films (IM, IM2, Cap America etc.) I know there are already some edits up like that. This one uses Iron Man 1 and Captain America in addition to the others. They all follow a chronological timeline except for Captain America which is sprinkled throughout as flashbacks. Been working on Part 1 for a while now. What hope to achieve with this edit is give it a TV miniseries or event feel like they had when miniseries and the like used to mean something (like V, Shogun, Network premiere of Superman the movie).

Sorry if it seems I've rambled on. But I didn't want you guys to wonder who I was.

Thanks

Maxgremlin

Thank you for introducing yourself. I'm glad you're here and like the site. :)

I look forward to seeing what you can do.

Neg, that is the kindest, most straightforward and on-topic post I've ever seen from you. Are you okay?

Max, welcome to the site! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

i lurked around this place for along time before i joined up and then even longer before posting anything.
it can be daunting. like walking up to a group of kids who have been friends for a while and asking if you can play too.
i've been trying to learn to edit for a while too and still don't feel comfortable sharing anything.
that sounds like a neat job.

Thanks for the kind words. baileym43 you just described me and my feelings toward this site to a tee. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I've been working part one of my edit currently called Avengers: The mini-series. Its probably going to take a while given current skill and learning curve. But I'm determined not to give. That I think is half the battle.

We don't bite. You'll find tons of helpful members here.

Back
Top Bottom