• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Time for a Bond edit - Moonraker

Nice! :yo: I will definitely be watching.

Nice trailer musiced... can't wait to see the finished edit. About time there was a Roger Moore "bond" edit on fanedit.org. Forgive me if there has been one in the past btw!

LastSurvivor said:
Nice trailer musiced... can't wait to see the finished edit. About time there was a Roger Moore "bond" edit on fanedit.org. Forgive me if there has been one in the past btw!

*cough* Live & Let Die *cough* :p I do agree, though. More Moore edits are needed.

JetSetWilly said:
*cough* Live & Let Die *cough* :p I do agree, though. More Moore edits are needed.

Oops, my bad. Mental note to one's self... make sure you check IFDB before posting something like that!

LastSurvivor said:
Oops, my bad. Mental note to one's self... make sure you check IFDB before posting something like that!

That's ok. I won't release the hounds this time lol

Live and Let Die has been MIA for ages, so until it resurfaces it's almost like it never was.

Yeah baby yeah. That preview was shaggadelic. I love me some Austin Powers. :)

DVD has been written and uploaded to MEGA.
Submission form has been sent.
Would love for someone to help with making cover art if possible.

Side note - threw on the DVD a teaser for my next edit.

musiced921 said:
Side note - threw on the DVD a teaser for my next edit.

Does it feature a ghost who walks? ;-)

I haven't heard from Dwight in a while, so I wanted to throw a plea out there for anyone who can approve of my edit for an official posting.

So far Dwight and Bob have seen it. It's ready to go if someone out there can give it that big thumb up!

Edit is released! Please PM me for the link!

musiced921 said:
Edit is released! Please PM me for the link!

Tip. Since you're not submitting this to Info you should put this in your signature:

Recently Completed: The Moonraker Plot (PM me for links)

Moonraker is proof that sometimes too much of good thing is just.... well, too much.

In essence, Moonraker is a remake of extremely successful THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, just made even bigger....
Move the plot from the Ocean to Space, add more gadgets, more humor, more Bond Babes, more winking at the camera... and oh yeah, more Jaws... and you have a movie that went too far for most audiences to follow.

But MusicEd's fan edit corrects many of these missteps, and brings the over the top tone back down to Earth. Most of the cuts worked for me and the audio work is fairly impressive though I did not agree with every choice. For me the greatest achievement of this edit is Jaws is restored to being a menacing figure instead of comedic fodder, and I applaud Ed for this -- Bravo!

If you are a fan of the Roger Moore Bond era, I think this is a must see adventure, as this fan edit could easily be titled MOONRAKER REDEEMED!

Thanks for the fun Ed! :thumb:

Thank you for the review! Making this movie more enjoyable was my goal and I'm happy to see I have succeeded in doing so.

My review from IFDB:

OK - Not bad at all. You turned one of the sillier Bond films into a fairly capable thriller. With all of the silly quips and puns removed, Bond comes off as a fairly stoic tough guy secret agent. Although the movie does devolve into a mutant crossbreed between Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (the TV one, with Gil Gerard) and Austin Powers, this is no fault of the editor and I believe he did the best he could with the crappy hand he was dealt. I also felt the pacing was very slow, especially near the end. I doubt that this is the editor's fault either, but I have not watched the original recently to compare. The cable car re-score and sound effects felt a little unnatural and noticeable to me.

All in all great job saving a dog. It is one that I would probably watch again.

I agree ! The film is now watchable. I Think you did a great job and it feels more "serious" now than the original. There was some small things that bothered i remember (saw it about two weeks ago) but i can't recall it in detail. But in the end your fanedit made it much better than the original. A Big thumb up!

Any plans of taking on Another Bondfilm?

Fanedit said:
My review from IFDB:

OK - Not bad at all. You turned one of the sillier Bond films into a fairly capable thriller. With all of the silly quips and puns removed, Bond comes off as a fairly stoic tough guy secret agent. Although the movie does devolve into a mutant crossbreed between Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (the TV one, with Gil Gerard) and Austin Powers, this is no fault of the editor and I believe he did the best he could with the crappy hand he was dealt. I also felt the pacing was very slow, especially near the end. I doubt that this is the editor's fault either, but I have not watched the original recently to compare. The cable car re-score and sound effects felt a little unnatural and noticeable to me.

All in all great job saving a dog. It is one that I would probably watch again.

Thank you very much! I would say the only part of the edit I was uneasy about was the cable car fight sequence. That was really what delayed the release for so long. Oddly enough, I am most proud of the speed boat chase as I feel like it is a much more exciting action sequence. I wish there were ways to tighten up some of the pacing towards the end and alter some things, but I did the best I could with that I had to work with. I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you will continue to enjoy it in the future.

mr twilight said:
I agree ! The film is now watchable. I Think you did a great job and it feels more "serious" now than the original. There was some small things that bothered i remember (saw it about two weeks ago) but i can't recall it in detail. But in the end your fanedit made it much better than the original. A Big thumb up!

Any plans of taking on Another Bondfilm?

Thank you for your kind words!

Dwight and I have talked about teaming up to tackle another Moore Bond film. Hopefully we'll get to that soon. I've got 2 edits in the works right now that have been long overdue to be finished and released (a Superman 1978 edit and an Adventures of Captain Marvel serial to movie edit).

I think at some point all of the Moore films will get a treatment. I've thought about Octopussy and as much as I love For Your Eyes Only, it does have its own issues. The opening needs some work and some of the 80's music even makes me (a diehard 80's fan who worships Miami Vice) cringe.

Hey, that just gave me an idea for a new thread.....

Review, posted to IFDB:

This was a nice Bond edit. I only watched Moonraker once and quickly forgot most of it. This doesn't save everything for me; I would have cut more of the cheese, but hey I wasn't a fan of Roger Moore Bond films so there's that.

The editing here was good, no harsh cuts detected. After comparing to my DVD, I was quite impressed with the editing in the speed boat chase.

Overall if you're a fan of the Roger Moore era and like your bread to be cheesy, you'll get a kick out of this fanedit.

A/V quality - 9
Editing - 9 visual, 10 audio
Narrative - 8
Enjoyment - 7 (original 6)

Recommended drink: Balls in my Jaws

Back
Top Bottom