• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Time for a Bond edit - Moonraker

Absolutely brilliant work musiced :) everything syncs up perfectly to my ears and can't tell when there are added sound effects at all. How far are you into the whole edit now? Can't wait to see this.

Oh, and I will try my best to give Pierce a better send off ;-)

Brumous said:
Great work, every second of it. Sounds like it was the original soundtrack all along, and the stylistic segue to the more romantic hang glider flying theme is perfect.

Thank you! I like how the music stops for a little while you hear the waterfall in the background and then John's score comes back in. It's like ok, take a breath now that the action sequence is over and enjoy the sites you see from the hang glider.

wabid said:
1.39-1.50 or even 2.00 still sounds out of place to me, it sounds like a love theme and screams TND. However, your timings are now great. Any chance you can get the trumpets to match the boat jump better at 2.20? It works the way it is now anyway, so if not don't put too much effort into it.

I think of the section you mention as like a tango of action. Sorry that it takes you out of the movie when you hear the TND music. I can relate because the music that was originally there bothered me and took me out of the action.

As for the trumpet, I actually wanted the trumpet part where it is. I didn't want everything to be too synched up (if that means anything).

Thanks for giving it a look over!
LastSurvivor said:
Absolutely brilliant work musiced :) everything syncs up perfectly to my ears and can't tell when there are added sound effects at all. How far are you into the whole edit now? Can't wait to see this.

Oh, and I will try my best to give Pierce a better send off ;-)

Thank you thank you thank you! The sound effects work wasn't as tedious as I thought it might be. My biggest concern was the sound levels, but it seems like that turned out fine.

At this point, I still need to do work on the cable car fight and then work out the issue with Jaws at the end. After that, it'll be ready to go into previews for whoever wants to see it before I go through the motions of an official release.

For your edit, taking out that awful para-sailing scene is a step in the right direction! I have no doubt after seeing your past work that you'll give Pierce a better send off. I'm looking forward to seeing you edit!

Thank you thank you thank you! The sound effects work wasn't as tedious as I thought it might be. My biggest concern was the sound levels, but it seems like that turned out fine.

Well, the sound effects work and levels all sounded great to me and trust me, I'm pretty fussy when it comes to that side of a fanedit ;) Again, excellent work.

At this point, I still need to do work on the cable car fight and then work out the issue with Jaws at the end. After that, it'll be ready to go into previews for whoever wants to see it before I go through the motions of an official release.

Good stuff. I would love to give this a preview, if you're interested at all.

I will certainly make sure you get a copy to preview when it's finished LastSurvivor!

From what I've been following on your Bond edit, I'm getting more and more excited and can't wait to see how it all turns out. Please keep me in mind if you'd like another set of eyes to preview it.

I know Pink Floyd was already vetoed, but I was just looking for confirmation to make sure im not crazy. This is part of the Bond theme right? Skip to 1:15

Edit: ahh a little research shows that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kamen collaborated on The Wall and composed the License to Kill soundtrack. Interesting.

Yeah I did hear that 4 note Bond motif! That is interesting how Kamen collaborated on The Wall. I never knew that little factoid. I love the gunbarrel music for License to Kill, thought most people do not.

In the boat chase, I think you're really missing some closeups of the chasing ships near the end. I know you're cutting the shots of Jaws, but you need to put something in their place. Maybe move some shots of chasing boats from the beginning of the scene?

I'm pointing this out because there are already lots of long shots at the end, setting up the waterfall and how fast they are approaching it. Without Bond looking back and seeing the chasing boats "up close", it loses a lot of intensity. It feels like the chasing boats are waaay behind, and that the drama is winding down, not cranking up.

Also I miss Jaws. Especially because I could still see him in some of the long shots.

lukeburrage said:
In the boat chase, I think you're really missing some closeups of the chasing ships near the end. I know you're cutting the shots of Jaws, but you need to put something in their place. Maybe move some shots of chasing boats from the beginning of the scene?

I'm pointing this out because there are already lots of long shots at the end, setting up the waterfall and how fast they are approaching it. Without Bond looking back and seeing the chasing boats "up close", it loses a lot of intensity. It feels like the chasing boats are waaay behind, and that the drama is winding down, not cranking up.

Also I miss Jaws. Especially because I could still see him in some of the long shots.

I can understand what you mean about not having any real closeups of the pursuing boats, but with Bond driving a super boat, it would be silly to have the villains right on his tail. Batman was always ahead of his pursuers when he was in the Batmobile in the 1989 film. The only reason they even got remotely close was because he was maneuvering around traffic.

I don't have the skills to rotoscope, so the little glimpses of Jaws have to stay. I tried to think of ways around that, but the best I could say is that it's just a random villain wearing white. :p

Thanks for giving it a look.

Good points musiced. I personally like the way you currently have the scene. It flows well and still maintains a high excitement value, particularly with Arnold's music blaring away nicely ;)

Just a quick update.

Ran into quite a problem with the way things got encoded and how it looks after it is written and this and that and I ended up needing to start from scratch. I was also pretty sick this weekend thanks to those kids at school with all of those germs.

Since I started over, it hasn't been too awful redoing the cuts since I know what I'm doing this time around and where they go.

I'm thinking by the end of the week this will be ready for previewing. I just still have the 2 big parts to work out which is how I want the cable car fight to work and working the ending with Jaws on the space station helping Bond and Holly escape. The running time is around 115 mins (10 mins has been cut).

This is ready for previews! PM me if you are interested. This isn't an official release. I just really need some creative input.

Ok, for those of you who have been patient.....

All things were moving along well, then the cable car fight had me stumped and frustrated for a few months. This is the last piece to the edit. Everything else should be easy street. I made 2 versions of the fight:

#1 - Using music from the game Everything or Nothing

#2 - Using music from Skyfall

The second one does need a little better syncing, but considering it is almost 4am and I've been at this for a few hours, this'll do for now so you get the idea of what I'm going for. Let me know your thoughts on these and which is better suited for the film. Outside of this scene and the boat chase, I did not change any of the other music.

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to look at these!

I'd say the first one, personally. It seems to work better.

If you're choice is either, I'd go with the first as the second is just too modern and doesn't fit the film.

As for the editing itself, perhaps you can hold the destruction of the building towards the end slightly longer, even if it means slowing down the destruction. The transition back to Bond and Goodhead just is too quick IMO.

Hey musiced, great to see this edit is still on the cards. Apologies for never getting back to you on that workprint - my humble apologies :(

However, I like the work you've done on both versions to tell the truth. There's some pretty decent sound effects replacement work going on as well I assume? I think the mix needs levelling up a bit, but I'm a bit torn as to which one works best. I'd probably go with the first version, but with a little fine tweaking in terms of the timing of the Skyfall version, that may work just as well too.

This project is just about wrapped up. Once the trailer is done, the DVD will be written. The only thing missing.....cover art.

Anyone willing to create cover art for this?

Let me try some user tagging...

Hey [MENTION=5429]AstonMartins4Me[/MENTION] you feel like making an awesome cover for this edit? James Bond! Moonraker!

I'll be watching this with interest. I never hated Moonraker, despite its incredible cheeziness. You may be able to elevate it with the kinds of changes you've mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom