• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TIE Fighter [2021 OST/SFX/2160p fan-edit] Star Wars Anime remastered and rescored in 60FPS 4K Ultra HD by AI upscale-droids

romkim

Reaction score
Trophy Points

I made this video to find out exactly how big of a Star Wars-boner I could give myself as a fan-boi. I wanted to know how Star Warsy I could make this fan Anime feel. Would orchestral music, sound effects & Plinkett-midichlorians invoke feelings of space magic at pre-prequel levels of Empire epicness?

Note: if the Gold Leader X-Wing Pilot sounds familiar, it’s because he is voiced by Mike Stoklasa (the genius behind the Plinkett Star Wars reviews).

Note(2): You can download a version without YouTube compression from my Vimeo page: LucasFilm.com/Kathleen

It took 4 years of spare time for Paul “OtaKing” Johnson to satisfy his personal curiosity and the mental image of “What if there was an Empire-focussed short Star Wars animation, drawn with the crazy detail and shading of classic 80s anime that’s all but vanished from Japan nowadays?”.

I hope this version comes closer to OtaKing’s original creative vision, before he had to decide to use custom-made sound design and music to avoid copyright issues. I guess we’ll never know.

In hindsight, we now know it “only” took 4 years to create the greatest piece of fan art in Star Wars history. The original was released in 720p (1280x720 pixels), YouTube compression was even more nazi and heavy-handed back then so this new 2160p version (3840×2160 pixels) should be the best looking option for a personal Star Wars-boner of your own.

HOW OVER THE TOP STAR WARSY FAN-SERVICE OVERLOAD COULD I MAKE THIS 7-MINUTE ANIMATION FEEL?​

You be the judge.

But, not to brag or anything, but I showed it to my 7-year-old son and

FOR A BRIEF MOMENT IN TIME, I WAS THE COOLEST LONG-DISTANCE DAD IN THE WORLD.​

And just as a science experiment, how much of a lady-boner did it give my hedonistic heretic non-fan of a girlfriend? Guckmal. Answer is zero. She didn’t care, like at all.
She probably already forgot I mentioned anything with Star Wars.

CREDITS AND LINKS​

Animation by OtaKing
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/OtaKing77077

Sound effects by TheHaddockbanker
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/TheHaddockbanker

Gold Leader X-Wing Pilot voiced by Mike Stoklasa

Credits Narrated by Jay Bauman & Mike Stoklasa

Both from RedLetterMedia
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/RedLetterMedia

Music by John Williams and Michael Giacchino, copyright and all monetization from this video are belong to them.

Sound effects sourced from a range of Star Wars games and movies.

Musical scoring, additional sound effects, cockpit radio, small frame fixes, Gold Leader, RedLetterMedia commentary and enthusiastic fan-boy 4K upscaling by me.

This was my second time working in Premiere Pro (which I can now afford thanks to my Patrons).

This was my first attempt at rearranging orchestral compositions and mixing sound effects. Never imagined myself attempting a beat mix across orchestral performances. Like, seriously never, not even for 1 nano-second.

As editors we get to peek at the very details that made the greatness and I would like to extend my sincerest creative respect to both OtaKing and TheHaddockbanker. These are masters of their craft, which become annoyingly apparent and obvious to me as I was putting this video together. I didn’t realize how much I don’t know about sound until I started putting this together.

I had a blast editing this, if you’re interested this is my timeline;

It’s been a full day since I rendered the final movie.

But the goddamn Star Wars music keeps playing in my head. Over and over.

Last edited:

SIUse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched it two times, it’s awesome. Thank you

skyled

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very cool video. It's got that classic Macross feel to it.

Kaelos

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic video romkim, I'll be sharing with my Star Wars friends! I see you used Premiere Pro for the editing. Which software did you use to upscale?

Baenwort

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Your Vimeo link doesn't work any longer. I like the idea of using Star Wars music but I have a soft spot for the sounds effects from the Tie Fighter game that was used in the original.

Top Bottom