• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thundercats - HO! The Movie

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

This fanedit restores the VHS version of Thundercats - HO! The Movie. Consisting of the first five episodes of the second series, Thundercats - HO! The Movie removes some scenes found on the DVD release. Also, the double take on the cliffhangers, created by removal of the commercials, are no longer present.

film name: Thundercats - HO! The Movie
film studio name : Rankin/ Bass Warner Bros
Date Original Film Was Released : 1987
Date Edit Was Released : July 2013
Original Runtime : 100 mins
New Runtime : 91 mins

Cuts removed/added/extended :

• When the Berserkers storm the island on which the three Thunderians and Berbils live, there is an extensive fight scene, showing the Thunderians and Berbils manning self made defensive weapons. Most of these scenes are missing in the VHS release.

• While Snowman nurses Lion-O, they are spotted by Slithe, who goes in for a closer look. Deleted from the VHS version is an extended conversation between the mutants on what course of action to take. Slithe wants to attack, but Monkian and Jackalman aren't sure whether it's wise to go against Mumm-Ra's orders.

• Before Lion-O is chased by the Fist Pounder, there is a deleted confrontation with Snowman. It is this brief encounter that explains how the end of Snowman's lance comes to be broken.

• After Panthro leaves Hook Mountain in the Thundertank, there is a scenes not present on the VHS. Jackalman and Slithe eat while Monkian gets the Fistpounder into position to wait for Panthro. The Thunderians overhear this and are resolute to escape.

• When Lion-O tries to enter Mumm-Ra's Pyramid, he encounters Ma-Mutt for the first time. Those scenes did not make the cut for the VHS.

• The Berzerkers argue over who gets the biggest share of Mumm-Ra's gold. This scene did not make the cut for the VHS.

Fanedit details :

* 4:3 NTSC
* English Mono Soundtrack

Your intention for this edit:

* To restore the VHS version of Thundercats - HO! The Movie I grew up watching in the best quality available to me.

Time needed for the edition: 1 week

Persons involved: Booshman

DVD cover:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?twl4py5hhq79bta

One can never have enough Thundercats. Even my wife is interested in this.

reave said:
One can never have enough Thundercats. Even my wife is interested in this.

Your wife has good taste. :) This is now online, aswell as submitted to the ifdb.

Yippie, classic Thundercats

Ever thought of putting on the outtakes as an extra?

Damn, missed one. ;)

booshman will you be making an extended version of Ho! like you did with your Thundercats Exodus versions ?

Muffy said:
booshman will you be making an extended version of Ho! like you did with your Thundercats Exodus versions ?

It's not really worth it. All the deleted stuff is in the separate episodes, so an EE would only be the five parts back to back minus the additional end credits. There's nothing exclusive to the VHS to add in.

I guess so I just thought I might be worth it for completions sake. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom