• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Thunderbirds: trapped in the sky: International Rescue edition

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Remixed by Jorge said:
check your edit. check your DVD. check your AVI. Check the  mix, check the AR, check for flashframes, check for bad edits, check for  bad audio edits, check for abrupt cuts, check for plot holes, check for  errors in logic, check for interlace problems, check for errors in  chronology, check, check, check. And when you're done, bored and tired,  get a good night's sleep, wake up to a hardy breakfast and check again!   
walk away for a few days (sometimes much longer), look at it with fresh  eyes.  If you repeatedly rush, and repeatedly put out inferior first  products you will develop a bad rep fast.
It isn't a race.  First impressions are the lasting impression. 

TL;DR - check your work, don't be sloppy

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
14514010924_d2f40d31b9_o.jpg

Okay this short edit is approved for inclusion on ifdb. The faulty shot has been replaced with a completely different shot that isn't faulty... although I can't understand why the fault wasn't just fixed?

As someone who recently re-acquainted themselves with Thunderbirds on Blu-Ray... the 50 minute episode lengths do seem to drag. So this 25 minute short is a welcome increase in pace, without losing anything essential. Th editing is mostly seamless, with only a few edits being noticeable (I pointed them out earlier but @"wilhelm scream" hasn't bothered to fix them in this final version). Also, the fanedit-titlecard at the end is still loud and annoying but none of that is massively problematic.

Congratulations :) .

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations @"wilhelm scream" :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shouldn't this thread be in "Special Projects & Short" since it's 25 minutes?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Shouldn't this thread be in "Special Projects & Short" since it's 25 minutes?

Good call.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
I'm just glad it's over!

Not as glad as I am.

You sir are a deeply rude, dishonest and ungrateful person. The fact that in the "special thanks" box of the ifdb submission form that you PMd me last night, you wrote the sarcastic comment...

Special thanks: TM2YC for rejecting the edit multiple times, forcing me to redo the edit about 10 times before it was good enough for it to be approved.

...says it all. IMO it would have been even "funnier" if you had just written...

Additional Private Note for Admins: F**k you.

...instead. Anybody else with less patience would have just deleted your PM/form and refused to spend the 15 minutes or so it took me to create the ifdb article for your edit. This Thunderbirds edit will be up on ifdb on Sunday.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:dodgy: Classy stuff Wilhelm. 

TMTYC is one of the busiest people here, and has been firm with proven editors work as well as people trying to earn their badge, that firmness has taught people here a LOT and made them better in the end, just as he made you good enough to qualify for an IFDB listing, which does not come on the cheap or with a cheap effort.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm pretty sure you just guaranteed no one in the Academy will be willing to look at a full-length submission from you if you ever choose to attempt one.  Well done.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I'm pretty sure you just guaranteed no one in the Academy will be willing to look at a full-length submission from you if you ever choose to attempt one.  Well done.

And why is that?

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is why I still eye this thread.
Unpredictable, baffling, and obstinate behaviour on parade.

While Thunderbirds held little interest for me, possible followups did.

Now I'm guessing there will be no versions of
Captain Scarlet And The Mysterons, let alone UFO.

Bummer.

Still watching this thread with interest, though.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is the difference between adults and children, no matter the children's age.

Top Bottom