• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Thunderbirds: trapped in the sky: International Rescue edition

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have always liked the first ever Thunderbirds episode: trapped in the sky, but i always thought it was a bit repetitive so here is my cut list:

-new opening titles(sort of!)

-only 1 rescue attempt instead of 3.

-fix some inaccuarices with later episodes like Alan,s voice

-the hood no longer the villain for this episode, now there is just a random terrorist.

-we only get to see the Hood,s face at the end!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interested. Love Thunderbirds. What source are you using?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh good, Thunderbirds edits. Did you know they were originally going to be half an hour before Lew Grade gave the order for a lenghtier show? Would love to see you tackle this in that format

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Oh good, Thunderbirds edits. Did you know they were originally going to be half an hour before Lew Grade gave the order for a lenghtier show? Would love to see you tackle this in that format

Ironically, the horrible redubbed versions that aired in the states in the 90's were chopped down to half hours. I think the new voice talent was heavily sedated as well. ;-)

I wonder what someone could do with the 2004 live action film?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never saw those...

And nothing can be done with the 2004 film. Damn you to hell for even reminding me of its existence.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember being a big fan of Busted's track for that film back then...and I was well out of their target age range:-(

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
Never saw those...

And nothing can be done with the 2004 film. Damn you to hell for even reminding me of its existence.

Sorry! I had to rinse the bad taste out with the new Blu Ray of the original movies myself.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
good news! I have finished it and it will be available soon!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When edits go horribly wrong

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's some sharp abruptness after Jeff says "and you are the loyalist", might want to polish up on that
"International Rescue Edition" has a typo ("Recue"), and does'nt match the font used for "Trapped In The Sky", try to match the title card font as best as possible
At 04:46, there is a very brief but distracting shot of the scene preceding the Hood making the phone call
Before we cut to Thunderbird 5, again, we see a bit from the previous scene that was cut
20:33, there is a very abrupt shift to Fireflash where half of the hiss from flight can be heard. Transition better there
When Virgil is performing the rescue, some of his dialogue is muffled by the music
That ending was quite sudden, definitely not where I'd cut it off. Hell, what would be a hilarious ending would be if security completely failed and someone did run off with the photos.

Sorry if this comes off as a harsh review, but we all like to encourage people with an interest in editing to tighten the bolts and make their product even better. I'm glad you uploaded the video, as it allows people who are not specifically Academy members (in essence a preview of an editor's eventual overall audience) to also view your work and offer input on what to do to improve it. Don't feel discouraged by this, I say what I say as a fan of this show and as a fan of what one can do with the show. There's a good solid plan with this edit, it just needs a firm footing

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well great, now i have to sit though a few days of editing! consider this version 1. and no i can not fix the OK video quality! ( blame the DVD )

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thunderbirds was featured in an episode of Channel 4's "It Was Alright In The 70s" tonight highlighting all the instances of the puppets smoking and drinking.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did,t see it! probably footage of the episode: Path of Destruction

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
well great, now i have to sit though a few days of editing! consider this version 1. and no i can not fix the OK video quality! ( blame the DVD )

Please explain what you mean. If you are going back to work on this more, I need to notify The Academy. And trust me, it will be for your own good.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
I did,t see it!

Comma ( , ) = a punctuation mark indicating a pause between parts of a sentence. It is also used to separate items in a list and to mark the place of thousands in a large numeral.

Apostrophe ( ' ) = a punctuation mark used to indicate either possession (e.g., Harry's book ; boys' coats ) or the omission of letters or numbers (e.g., can't ; he's ; class of ’99 ).

Didn't = contraction of "did" and "not"

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am working on this some more. Should be done by the end of the week!

Top Bottom