• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

THUNDERBIRDS :THE LOST EPISODES

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BINGO!
ON A ROLL

_ _ _ _ D E _ _ _ D _ S . . T H E L O S T E P I S O D E S​

...........I___________
...........I
...........I
...........I
...........I
.._____I______

V G A

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thunderbirds The Lost Episodes?
WE HAVE WINNER:

So here is the story.

Both Thunderbirds movies suffer from pacing issues (quite slow), very light on scoring (due to budget constraints) and just generally not as good as any of the 32 episodes.

The two movies are Thunderbirds are Go (TAG) and Thunderbird 6 (T6).

The objective was to turn them each into a TV episode. The episodes ran 52 -55 minutes. These both come in at 54min. In order to turn them into episodes, I used newly made opening and closing titles from the TV series 16:9 version, and slightly cropped the movies which were filmed in 1:2.35 to match. The editing removed a few side shoots from TAG like the nightclub in the sky, but T6 just needed compressing overall. That level of compression of material without losing virtually any scene is a huge challenge. It meant removing sentences, and even individual words, relaying dialogue over different shots and a whole load more to make it flow seamlessly. The final most enjoyable part was expanding the score to densely cover the episodes just like the TV series. The problem was that the Films were made by a different production companies so new scoring needed to be used and the budget would only stretch to about 25/30 mins of new/re-recorded music. That's fairly thin for a 90 min movie compared to the TV episodes and they suffer as a result. Matters are made worse by a plodding pace in many sections, with scenes being overwritten in many cases. For the TV series, the makers had a huge bank of music to draw from which meant that many episodes had more music that the films. The TV recordings couldnt be used for the feature films. Using the CD scores of the TV series, I have significant enriched the resulting material. Of course, the best part was making the teaser openings for both. I should add, virtually every shot had to be re-framed for ideal content given the aspect ratio changes. And there you have it.

The episodes are thus
Ep 33 ZERO X 1 contains 392 cuts and 25 mins of additional music in 54 minutes, 10 sec, that's a cut every 8.26 seconds. Virtually every scenes, has multiple edits.
Ep 34, Operation Ambush contains 407 cuts and 32 mins of additional music in 54 minutes, that's a cut every 7.96 seconds. Virtually every scenes, has multiple edits.

They are structured IDENTICALLY to the TV series, including that Ad bumbpers which no longer exist in color and which were remade from scratch. The only dif is the aspect ratio which is about 1:1.8 ish.

TAG has already been episodified, but IMHO I wanted to do it myself.

I will do some artwork, and submit in due course.

Teaser opening will follow as a trailer.

Thanks you to all who participated and CONGRATUALTIONS to DigModiFicaTion for winning.

Like I said, you either LOVE this series, or you don't. I did these 6 years ago and I figure, it was time.

HAPPY TO ANSWER Qs.

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO again!!!
Does ANYONE want to see these?

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is the Ad bumpers as it survives AND the newly made full color HD ad bumpers made for these two edits.

Fortunately the music is an item on the CD SCORES.

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SUBMISSION: MAY 2021, 1st week

ARTWORK - UNDER CONSTRUCTION, since I never did any 6/7 years ago when I made these edits. Shortly I made them, someone else released an edit of THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO 1966, And I just didn't want to clog things up...I'm like that.

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SUBMITTED

Last edited:
Top Bottom