• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Thunderbirds Are Go! (2015)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was excellent :). The mixture of miniature sets with CGI characters walking round in them looks totally unique. Seeing these guys hop around amongst traditional looking kit-bashed scenery was groovy. Also the CGI characters look so much like GA puppets you totally forget. But they have a real solidity.

I'm sure the director had been watching Gravity and Interstellar before doing the aerial/space shots. The music is excellent dramatic stuff. Last but not least they intoduced a new Thunderbird, it looked very cool.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was Ok. It revealed a bit too much info that could have been saved for later episodes, like: Kayo's true identity. Also the guy playing the Hood sucks and why did the Thunderbirds reveal their true identity to Colonel Casey?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't get up at 8am to watch it this morning, but I made sure I recorded it

"Space Race". Mainly focused on Alan and John, with Scott making a fleeting cameo and Virgil not showing up at all (was it him that was screaming off-screen?) While out clearing space debris, Alan sets off an armed orbital nuke that continuously attempts to latch on to various ships and detonate. Alan has to keep it focused on T3 until the kill code can be found and used. Penelope and Parker breaking into the London archives to acquire the kill code was the light-hearted portion of the story, and it's resolved with, of all things, allowing the administrator (a fan of Penelope) to take photos with her dog!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did get up at 8am to watch it ;-). Excellent fun, especially all the Parker-super-cat-burglar stuff. Surely it's better suited to a Doctor Who style Saturday prime-time family slot. I wasn't surprised that the new musical arrangements were by people from Doctor Who, as it's got that same dramatic feel. Lovin' that too...

^ Also the crisp fonts and graphics are very nicely put together, and the concept-art closing credits are a great touch.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The new episode was dumb. It would have been much shorter if John, Parker or Penelope had just stated why they needed the kill code!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
The new episode was dumb. It would have been much shorter if John, Parker or Penelope had just stated why they needed the kill code!

I thought the joke was that nobody would listen to them?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In "Crosscut". Scott tries to get himself and a bitter Uranium researcher out of an unstable mine as a storm comes their way. We got to see the Mole in action and a brief appearance by The Hood at the end (the researcher was going to sell him the Uranium she was appropriating from the mine). It was interesting to see Scott try his own independent rescue plan with a remote-controlled T1 rather than wait for Virgil's own method of rescue (and Virgil had enough sense to go down anyway). Liked the pay-off with the chicken wings at the conclusion.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dammit I forgot. Hopefully it's on catchup.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes ^.

I do love the CGI/model mix. That shot where light was playing over what was obviously real dust on a miniature console as the CGI character walked past was way cool.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why is this series only out on DVD? Why no Blu-Ray! :x. You can always lease it from Amazon and iTunes in "HD" if you want to be ripped off, I suppose?

That's it... life is ruined.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today's episode was a nice treat...Sylvia Anderson back as the voice of Lady P's aunt. And we also got an appearance from at the old-school FAB 1 (now called FAB-0). The episode was also written by David Baddiel of "Baddiel and Skinner" fame.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Series Three resumed this morning after a year long hiatus.

Almost like Sky News had written the episode with all the preaching about the pollution corroding the great barrier reef and its successor. Penelope was a bit more vulnerable in this episode too since she has a thing for Gordon and he was in trouble navigating through the acidic waters.

Also got to see a solo launch for Thunderbird 4, and a cameo from Stingray as a toy sub.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The GREATEST TV hero ever joins the show!!!!!!!!!!

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ArmuxeR0lc[/video]

I might have to actually watch this show now.   :D

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha, figured you'd leap at that news. Quite fitting you should share it too

Top Bottom