• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Thunderbirds Are Go! (2015)

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks pretty good! I can't wait and I will do my next Thunderbird's fan-edit when this comes out!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmmm, difficult to tell anything from that. Still while it showed very little, it didn't show anything that looked bad.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some were grumbling that the ol' melodies from the old show weren't used for that montage.

Here's what the Traceys look like

New-look-Thunderbirds-010.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
anything that looked bad.

Zarius said:

I spoke too soon ;-). If the stills look that bad, god know what they look like in motion.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I spoke too soon ;-). If the stills look that bad, god know what they look like in motion.
Probably better - the Adventures of Tintin characters look a lot better in their actual movie than they do in stills, IMO. But, yeah, those things look pretty dreadful in that shot, no question.

Beautiful environments, though!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No puppets? No sale.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And you're about the 10,3893484th person to make that connection;-)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm holding out strong hope for this. Looks like they're going for a combination of the old and the new... I mean, come on... who really thought they would use puppets! Would Gerry Anderson use puppets if he was alive? Nope. Look at the revamped Captain Scarlett, which was actually pretty good.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

(note, the girl at the far end is'nt supposed to be Tintin)

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have mixed feelings on the trailer. While there are some over the top moments, I think the animation is good and I am not dreading it like I was when the first images was released!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It didn't look totally horrible and one plus I just noticed, they didn't redesign/ruin the ships much.

btw, the logo for THUNDERB IR DS is not good. I get what they were trying to do but it looks wierd to my eyes.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
It didn't look totally horrible and one plus I just noticed, they didn't redesign/ruin the ships much.

btw, the logo for THUNDERB IR DS is not good. I get what they were trying to do but it looks wierd to my eyes.

Yeah, bad titles all around lately. Fant4stic, Genysis, now this. When will it end?!

mZEjQRUup5nzuw8-iRnUpkA.jpg
NOOOOOOOO!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blimey, must even teasers for kids' cartoon shows give me epilepsy?! I refuse to comment further on such chaotic editing on principle. :-|

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So the series will have a prime time premiere launch on UK TV (although Australia will be getting it first) at around 5PM
But then after the premiere, it's being shifted into a Saturday morning slot at 8AM.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched the making of and it looks like this "might" be okay. All the practical minatures and sets look FAB (Nice to the familiar faces from the LOTR modelling unit crew) and they talked up trying to match the look of the original a lot, including making the character's skin look like a puppet and stuff. I'm gonna be tuning into ITV1HD tonight at 5pm with anticipation.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Top Bottom