• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

ThrowgnCpr's newest covers

just sent you a PM about cover

Also, for printing in photoshop. Set your paper to legal, and landscape (in page setup), then in print options make sure scale is set to 100%. Make sure "scale to fit media" is UNchecked. All my rulers are set for my images, but to check on others, the Height should be 7.25". Then print

an alternate cover for n0mArch's From Hell. I really like his simple, yet elegant cover, but thought I will kill a few minutes with an alternate one.

FromHell_EE_ThrowgnCpr_3D2.jpg

a beautiful cover art. Just one thing though:
the chest, in which JD looks has an abruptly ending reflection on the top, or at least it looks like this.

OK, I will try to blend that a little better before uploading it. Thanks for pointing it out ;)

I am not so great at keeping this updated. Here are some sort of recent ones:

Rough Beast
RoughBeast_ThrowgnCpr_3D2.jpg

Harry Potter Archives - Year 5 Volume 3
HP-Archives5-3_3D2.jpg

I have been sort of slow with the cover arts lately, but life has been mega-busy

You always make amazing covers, Throw. (I use all of your versions for the BH releases.) I especially appreciate the fact that you already have the size of the image set so that it's so easy to print. (The majority of the covers on the site are sized properly at the onset, but there are a few that are oversized so I gotta play with the dimensions.)

ThrowgnCpr said:
A quick way to print is either from photoshop. It should print to dimensions. Or another easy method for these is to use MS Word.

Set the paper type to legal. and make sure that the margins are small enough so that you have at least 7 1/4" width to work with. insert your image. Rotate it so that it is vertical, and make sure that the image is 7.25" wide (by using the guide-rules in Word). Print

I'm lazy and choose the easy way; I use Word. I also do overkill with the size of the paper I use so that the edges don't become an issue (I use 11x17 Xerox Xpressions ultra bright paper (well, I THINK that's the name; it's something close to it anyway)). Here's how I do it.

Set the page to landscape, and do a page setup to set the margins to the smallest you need to accomodate your printer (because my paper is so large I just set the margins to 1/2", but if you use smaller paper you may need to go smaller than that). I then go to Insert-->Image-->From File..., then select the picture that I want to use. Once the picture is in the document, I right-click on it and select "Format Picture". From there, go to the "Size" tab and set the "Width" dimension to 7.25" (I think 7.29" works as well, as I've seen some other covers set to that size). Be sure that the "Lock Aspect Ratio" option is selected in the "Scale" portion of the window to assure that you don't distort the image by setting only one dimension on the size. Also just make sure that the "Height" doesn't get oversized as well, or it won't fit in the case (I notice that the height can go up to 10.8", but I've never tested to see how high it can be set and still fit). Then print!

I do this to batch print covers that I need (I don't always print the covers as I need them; I sometimes just print several at once). It's easy and fast once you get used to it; just keep replacing the image with the next one you need to print, right-click on it to verify the dimensions, and print. Takes hardly any thinking at all (just set one dimension and check to make sure the other doesn't get too big or too small), and it's fast and simple. It also works for setting any image to any size that you need, so once you know what dimension to use for the cover (like the oversized ones, for example) you can follow the same steps. I'm sure there's probably easier ways to do it, but for me it's the simplest way I've found. :)

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention: I know this comment is a bit late in this discussion so I apologize for commenting at length on a topic that is weeks old. Hope you all don't mind.

for DJ's Halloween - A Night of Terror

Halloween_ANOT_3D2.jpg

I may replace the image of Michael on the back if I get some more time.

Looks great!

indeed it does! I especially love the front.

Thanks guys :) Glad you like it!! I wanted to do a little something different. I get sick of seeing those same black Halloween covers with the orange box, and poster art on the front. I think this is a little different ;)

covers I made for this contest. I had the idea for the superbad cover for a while, but didnt have time to work on it much. The Old Habits Die hard cover i threw together real quick like.

Superbad Extended Edition DOWNLOAD HERE
SuperbadEE_ThrowgnCpr_3D2.jpg

Old Habits Die Hard DOWNLOAD HERE
OHDH_ThrowgnCpr_3D2.jpg

Great covers throw!

A quick suggestion for your "complete" Harry Potter cover when you next update it - a version not containing The Sorcerer's Stone, just The Philosopher's Stone?

EDIT: And also possibly one for the original cuts? (just without the Extended bumpf)

yeah no problem ghostcut. I was holding off to get the official titles. I guess I am going to need a nine disc case now :???:

ThrowgnCpr said:
matty303 said:
Excellent cover for the ADM edited prequel trilogy, just the sort of thing I've been looking for. Do you have a cover for his edited original trilogy please?
Thanks. I dont have one yet, but could do something similar to the one for the prequels. I'll try to get to it sometime
Has an ADM edited original trilogy cover been fitted into your schedule by any chance?

matty303 said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
matty303 said:
Excellent cover for the ADM edited prequel trilogy, just the sort of thing I've been looking for. Do you have a cover for his edited original trilogy please?
Thanks. I dont have one yet, but could do something similar to the one for the prequels. I'll try to get to it sometime
Has an ADM edited original trilogy cover been fitted into your schedule by any chance?

sorry. things have been really busy. If I need to kill a few minutes this weekend, I will try to whip something up :)

ThrowgnCpr said:
matty303 said:

sorry. things have been really busy. If I need to kill a few minutes this weekend, I will try to whip something up :)

Thanks Throw it's much appreciated

I actually have it almost done. I have much much work right now, as I have a seminar to give tomorrow. I'll try to get it finished and up by the end of the week for you.

I really just need to add the text to the back. I tried to make it mirror the prequels cover exactly.

OK, years later.... Here you go. Sorry it took a while. Life is eating me alive right now.

ADM_Original_ThrowgnCpr_3D2.jpg

and here is what it looks like next to the other cover:

ADM_trilogies_ThrowgnCpr.jpg

DOWNLOAD COVER ART

Back
Top Bottom