• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Three Effing Bears: Rambo Grindhoused

My answer was AC/DC's Highway to Hell,

That;s not my fault! Bionicbob made me do it! :D

Ok, now seriously - Yeah, that's 1979, so I'd rather point out Sammy Hagar's song (or the one by Jon Hare, or the one by Zakk Wylde) here if that's the problem ;)

But the point is, that with those edits that's not my priority to trying to faithfully imitate grindhouse (I think that krausfadr tried this approach with his Blade Runner edit), cause I feel that would be limiting myself. As my main inspiration is TMBTM's "Jaws - Sharksploitation Edit" which used songs from later decades too (for example Iggy Pop's song from 1999 and Metallica's from 2008), I am only using certain elements of that style. So, if I feel that the song fits lyrics-wise or it has the right vibe (and I like that song) I wouldn't hesitate to use it no matter what decade it is from. That being said, I dont really like most of the modern music (unless it somehow keeps the spirit of the past decades).

In case of Three Bears there are songs from the 80s and 90s used along with older ones and that was the case with previous installments of that series too. Both JLG and Star Beast projects started when I realized that one particular song would be great for one particular scene and those were songs from 80s and 90s respectively, and how could I reject the songs which inspired the whole project in the first place?

So, if someone expects pure 70s - it's not there and it was never meant to be there, still, when I am looking for a song for some scene, then I start searching from 60s/70s.

Last edited:
@Gieferg when you advised your approach to the music I found this sensible. I used the same approach and used some 80’s music as well in Blade Runner. Like Party Right Here by Dazz Band. It may have not have been readily recognizable as 80’s by the average joe though. I rewatched Star Beast and found the 80’s music perfect, especially Thriller.

Yeah, it probably wasnt that "in-your-face-80s" so I didnt recognize it.
Thriller is probably the most divisive song in all of my edits yet. And when I put "Holding out for a hero" in JLG, nobody complained.

Last edited:
I've just realized that I've made this edit in the year of First Blood's 40th anniversary! :D

It's hard to believe that when I watched it for a first time (as a double feature with first sequel on a pirated VHS tape - there were no official releases of those movies here at the time) it was 8 years old movie.

Last edited:
tranzor said:
Another reviewer had mentioned the narrative going from parody to being very dark. I would agree with this and it sort of throws things off.

The narration was supposed to set the tone the way it is not too dark, but it looks like it didn't always work the way it should if there are those kind of issues with the reception.

Personally what did not work for me is when it went into slapstick Airplane/Naked Gun comedy territory for one short segment.
That mentioned Hot Shots segment, isnt the only one absurd-filled parody type one (what about first flashback?), or at least it wasn't supposed to be, so it shouldn't stick out as much. Also, the Hot Shots part (specifically, three bears story) is actually the only reason this edit exists, because the whole idea was based on it.

I'm not sure if it was a program that converted the voice this way or if he found someone to do it, but nice job!
It was AI generated using https://fakeyou.com/
As far as I know, the voice model used was based on Stallone's voice samples from Grudge Match and Mortal Kombat 11 game.

Many thanks for the review :)

Last edited:
As far as the tone veering in some different directions, that’s ok by me. This is a Grindhoused movie. Grindhouse is known for its low budget everything and not so perfect script. Some parody and dark moments didn’t mesh?? Lol Stallone’s wang begs to differ.

I personally don't have a problem with the tone, as a lot of movies about Nam often have such tonal shifts. Ever noticed how often the tone of Apocalypse Now changed? I don't remember how often, but it was a lot.

As far as the tone veering in some different directions, that’s ok by me. This is a Grindhoused movie. Grindhouse is known for its low budget everything and not so perfect script.
Also, it is all about surprises, and tone-changing ones are probably more unexpected.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, Mistarerx.

In particular the Rambo and Three Bears one.... Hahaha. It turns out its a real thing.

At the beginning, project was intended to be just First Blood grindhoused (audio/visuals, re-scoring) with some deleted footage added. Then I've realized that Richard Crenna played essentially Trautman in Hot Shots Part Deux and it's a great opportunity for some fan-mixing, soon after that, I've discovered fakeyou.com and whole conception evolved into something way more interesting.

Is there a GFEOAT (greatest fan-edit of all-time) award going???

Only fan edit of the year as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
Loved every bit of it! Mixing films together is a tough job, and making it work is even harder, but man, my hat's off to you.

Are the Logan and Alien trailers at the beginning genuine edits, or it's for the fun?

As for now, they are just fake trailers, but I am seriously considering doing that Alien one into a full edit.

Back
Top Bottom