- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
So here we go...
After Star Beast I was planning to do something with First Blood, but there's more ideas now, so I am not yet sure what it will be. I've edited few scenes to check if some of the ideas work, it seems they do. Unfortunately it looks like there will be a problem with re-scoring, because central channels are full of music. So it may end up with only little changes to the music, but I need to check out all editions of the movies I have on my shelf (old DVDs, and two versions of Blu-ray).
At first, I was only planning to do a little altered grindhoused First Blood, but now, I am not sure anymore - it seems that it may be original Rambo trilogy combined into one narrative with some little additions from other movies. And as I needed some grindhouse trailers for Star Beast I've just started this project from that. A trailer which may end up as a trailer for this edit, but I am not sure yet.
Anyway, it's in the works now.
It is almost done, so more details:
- primary storyline is First Blood
- there is a flashback about Rambo's life from before events of the movies build from elements taken from various movies
- II and III are compressed to the form of flashbacks tied to the main plotline.
- a fake AI Rambo voiceover created through fakeyou.com site applied to the whole film, he is commenting events depicted in the edit Forrest Gump style.
- there was no excessive re-scoring ( I was going to do it, but source files are not re-scoring friendly) so it is still mostly Goldsmith music, but some songs and music were added to newly created scenes and to scenes which had originally no music at all. Some little re-building SFX in few instances.
- some deleted material from First Blood and Rambo III from Ultimate Blu-ray edition has been included
- additional footage from 12 non-Rambo movies was used:
Are you sure you want to know?
Platoon, Apocalypse Now, Forrest Gump, Party at Kitty and Stud's, Twogether, Rhinestone, Rocky II, Hot Shots Part Deux, Predator, Commando, Robocop 2, The Terminator.
- additional music by:
Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Doors, Jon Hare, Pornosonic, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sammy Hagar, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Pride & Glory, Mike Post, Simon Boswell and... Sylvester Stallone
- grindhouse effects of varying severity added thoughout the movie
- be warned that this edit includes high amount of swearing as well as nudity and sex scenes not present in original Rambo movies.
Final running time is 111 minutes, which includes around 67 minutes of First Blood (including credits and alternative/deleted material), 8 minutes of Rambo II and something like 25 minutes from Rambo III. So, a little more than 90% of it is Rambo, the rest is the material from various non-Rambo movies.