• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

This Is Us

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched 5 episodes so far. Awesome. Great acting, writing, filming. It is just another family show, but oh so well done.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
my wife watches this show.  and i would ordinarily hate it, except im so damn in love with Mandy Moore.  so i watch it too.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For my bride and I, this is our show this season.

Randall is by far my favourite character and storyline, and I cried and cried like a baby at the conclusion William's story arc.  :cry:
Beautiful, powerful stuff.   :heart:

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
For my bride and I, this is our show this season.

Randall is by far my favourite character and storyline, and I cried and cried like a baby at the conclusion William's story arc.  :cry:
Beautiful, powerful stuff.   :heart:

My wife and I sat in silence when it was over.  The only thing you heard was sniffling.  Amazing show that always finds a way to tug at the heart.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Postcard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was holding it together.

Then the postcard arrived.

And I just lost it. :cry:

Not enough tissue in the world.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
my spousal unit and one of the keedz are enjoying the show. seems like quality stuff from the bits i've seen.

thought a good companion series would be That Is Them.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My bride and I are still watching...

While we don't cry at the end of every episode anymore, the show still knows how to pack an emotional whallop,  leaving you stunned or reeling....

Three seasons now, and it is still highly engaging serial storytelling.  It is a soap that doesn't feel like a soap due to its wonderful grounded writing.

It is also a master manipulator of your expectations, constantly feeding you misleading breadcrumbs.... Jack dies in a car crash because he was drinking....NOPE!  Randall and Beth are split up in the future... NADA!!!

I also marvel at the show from an editing stand point.... I wonder do the producers have have a full season planned out (they claim they have mapped out the series for 6 seasons) and film all the flash backs and flash forwards together, so is it a typical weekly script by script process?  If it is week by week develop, the production continuity is exceptional!

And is it just me, but every time they do a Jack episode and the soundtrack plays, it eerily reminds me of Heroes? lol

Top Bottom