• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

these subtitles are gonna be the death of me!

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ARRGGHH!!! This is killing me!!!

As it stands I'm working with a test stream of only 3 subtitles for the opening scene just to make sure it works...which it dosen't!

I'm using Divx Media Subtitler to create my stream. That's all well and good. Saved as a .srt file...fine. Open up DVD Lab Pro - double click on teh subtitle stream in the Movie 1 window and import said .srt file. Again, all fine. I can see the subs I've created. Check the 'Set this subtitle ON by default' box and hit generate subtitle stream. And there it is under the video and the audio, one subtitle stream. and finally compile DVD.....and hey presto.....so you'd think!

I've been trying this all morning, tinkering with various checks and switches, but the end result is always the same, I open the video up in Power DVD to check it and what do I find.....NO BLOODY SUBTITLES!!!!

I'm seriously approaching the end of my tether here

PowerDVD is tricky with subtitles. In the video display box, right click and find the Subtitles tab on the dropdown menu that will come up. Make sure "Display Subtitles" is checked. Even if the subs are forced, they won't play in PowerDVD unless that's checked.

Hi all, me again,

so far every single program I've treied hasnt suited my needs here or I just haven't been able to make it work. I've just downloaded AVISynth but it's a jibberish to me so if someone could talk me through?

I've got all my subs both as a word doc and .txt doc, do I first need to manually go through and work out the times for these? I thought Manuel Video Subtitler would do the job since you can have a preview video (again this has caused grief but I've manage to encode a very small and poor quality mpeg to use as a preview) but didn't seem to save as a recognisable file type

I'm not too sure about anything you just asked, but I would like to agree with ReverendBeastly - PowerDVD isn't the way to go when fooling with subs. It's very picky and odd.

I had a lot of trouble with MEDIA SUBTITLER as well (they just weren't precise enough), but what ended up working was that I could tweak things in VEGAS just before encoding my video. Sorry I don't have a cheaper alternative.

Try watching it with VLC, or even burn a copy & check them on a standalone player...

I am doing all my subtitles with subtitle workshop.
After you got used to it, it is ok.

Back
Top Bottom